S7 Edge/Mavic Pro
1584 10 2017-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ahner21
New

United States

I just received my mavic 2 days ago and my first flight went great, I used active track and return to home. Yesterday and today it has trouble connecting to my phone, i will take off and it will disconnect, return to home, then reconnect and continue doing that over and over. Ive read that S7 edge owners have had a lot of truoble and was wondering if anyone has found a solution? I am not trying to buy a new phone or ipad just to use my mavic.
2017-3-22
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

I've had lots of issues with the S7edge, but not the controller disconnecting and causing RTH.  I think this may be something different.
2017-3-22
Use props
Ahner21
New

United States

Some of the time it will just hover while disconnected and some times I can still control it, a few times it has returned to home though.
2017-3-22
Use props
Ahner21
New

United States

I have attempted to reboot the drone, my phone, and uninstall and reinstall the Go App 4 and still no luck.
2017-3-22
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

Ahner21 Posted at 2017-3-22 17:56
I have attempted to reboot the drone, my phone, and uninstall and reinstall the Go App 4 and still no luck.

I dont remember where but I saw somewhere that somebody thought the problem was because the app was saved to an inserted SD card rather than the phone hard drive. Who knows though.
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, that OS version is your Samsung running?
2017-3-22
Use props
Aerial Gopher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331906 ft
Canada

I have a S7 Edge, and I cannot recall the firmware versions, but then one it updated to at the end of Jan or very early Feb worked good, the next one that came out later in feb cuased these disconnect issues.  By troubleshooting I found that putting the phone into airplane mode, or at least disable wifi, would allow the controller to stay connected.  It was so bad that even right in front of me before the flight the controller disconnected.  At times it flew away 100 feet then disconnected, did a RTH.  I had that RTH happen many times because of controller signal loss.  to the point I was going to LOOOOOOSE IT...  ME, not the drone.

The update to the .500 firmware solved this and I no longer had this issue.
As a side note, while I was having the issues it was ONLY with the DJI go app, but this issue never happened when using Litchi.  So I figured it had something to do with the DJI Go app and/or the controller firmware.

Did you update to the most recent App and Firmwares?
2017-3-23
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 164406 ft
Australia

Sell the EDGE
2017-3-23
Use props
Ahner21
New

United States

Before every flight it runs through to check if the firmware is updated and it is. App is updated as well. I contacted DJI and they told me they are working on an update to their compatibility list to include the s7 edge and that they have received hundreds of complaints about disconnecting issues. He did not specify a date on when that would release though. I will try and use airplane mode until then, not sure what else to do? I've tried a different cable and that does not work either.
2017-3-23
Use props
Ahner21
New

United States

Compatible devices
wKhYBVjTBWaAPmGZAADQ0zNRhmc428.png
2017-3-23
Use props
growthpang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1742 ft
Japan

Ahner21 Posted at 2017-3-23 06:14
Before every flight it runs through to check if the firmware is updated and it is. App is updated as well. I contacted DJI and they told me they are working on an update to their compatibility list to include the s7 edge and that they have received hundreds of complaints about disconnecting issues. He did not specify a date on when that would release though. I will try and use airplane mode until then, not sure what else to do? I've tried a different cable and that does not work either.

Good to know they are working on this. I have an iPad Air and it works with no problem, but getting it setup takes forever. Really hope they announce the S7 Edge as a compatible phone soon.
2017-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules