Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Vision Sensor Calibration (Please reboot the aircraft)
14203 15 2017-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Inayat
New
Georgia

I was flying fine and had few fantastic flights with my new MP. After a minor crash I got the warning to recalibrate my Forward vision Sensors. I was away for vacation so I flew it few more times without the calibration and it flew fine just without the auto RTH mode because I noticed it was not working fine but I made sure I fly it at safe height and distance and land it back at a safe place before the battery runs out. Anyway, now when I returned home and tried to calibrate the VPS. DJIA2 (1.1.0) kept giving me message to reboot the aircraft. I read few forums and found out that few other people had same problem but when they called DJI online support they advised them to uninstall and reinstall DJIA2 and refersh their firmware. I tried this step too but I still couldn't do it. I asked online help but first thing they advised me to send it back for diagnostics and repairs which was not practical for me because I had to pay a lot of customs and taxes while importing it the first time and I will have to pay again huge taxes if I send it out and return it again. When I insisted with the online help he told me to try it on some other computer. I don't have access to another laptop right now but I will try to do it.

In the meantime I was not sure if its me doing something wrong or if I'm missing some steps. My windows OS is windows 7 home premium, Service pack 1. I have DJIA2 ver. 1.1.0 and have the latest firware on both Ver. 01.03.0500. Any help would be appreciated.

Steps I'm using to do the calibaration:
1- Make on DJIA2
2- Plug MP with my own (longer) USB cable to plug it to my Laptop.
3- Once Mavic Pro shows up as a device in DJIA2 then i double click and start the calibration process.

Before starting the actual calibration while it is showing Tutorial 3/3 it starts showing the message "Please reboot the aircraft". I did reboot it several times but in vain.

2017-3-23
Use props
Daroga
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

The reboot message is normally indicating that the usb Vision driver is not functioning. The program is hoping that a reboot will cause PNP to load the driver.

I've also seen many Windows 7 users complain that the DJI Assistant 2 simply won't work and instead folks are resorting to using a MAC....

If you don't have a MAC, then take a look in C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\Drivers\Vision if you have 64-bit Win7 or C:\Program Files\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\Drivers\Vision if your Win7 is 32-bit. There should be two driver installer programs -> installer_x64.exe and installer_x86.exe. Use the x64 if 64-bit or x86 if 32-bit. If possible, hold the shift key and right-click on the appropriate installer. If you see the menu "Run as Administrator" then select that selection. If this isn't available, then simply run the installer.
After the driver is loaded/installed, reboot the laptop and try again. Should you have a high resolution screen display reduce the resolution to 1600x900 and don't use a multi-monitor configuration.
2017-3-23
Use props
RookieProMavic
New
Flight distance : 761 ft
Norway

It is a problem with windows not installing the visiin drivers.  - Must press restart while holding shift button. - Select the “Troubleshoot” tile on the Choose an option screen that appears. - Select “Advanced options”. - Click the “Startup Settings” tile. - Click the “Restart” button to restart your PC into the Startup Settings screen. -Type “7” or “F7” at the Startup Settings screen to activate the “Disable driver signature enforcement” option.
2017-3-24
Use props
Daroga
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

RookieProMavic Posted at 2017-3-24 07:30
It is a problem with windows not installing the visiin drivers.  - Must press restart while holding shift button. - Select the “Troubleshoot” tile on the Choose an option screen that appears. - Select “Advanced options”. - Click the “Startup Settings” tile. - Click the “Restart” button to restart your PC into the Startup Settings screen. -Type “7” or “F7” at the Startup Settings screen to activate the “Disable driver signature enforcement” option.

Great information, thanks for posting the specific steps to disable driver signing enforcement!
Depending on your Win 7 BIOS, some machines respond to F8 for the SAFE MODE Adanced Boot Options where you can select Disable Dive Signature Enforcement from the menu.

windows7.jpg
2017-3-24
Use props
Inayat
New
Georgia

Many thanks for this help. I finally managed to calibrate my sensors... Happy flying...
2017-3-24
Use props
Inayat
New
Georgia

Daroga Posted at 2017-3-24 08:01
Great information, thanks for posting the specific steps to disable driver signing enforcement!
Depending on your Win 7 BIOS, some machines respond to F8 for the SAFE MODE Adanced Boot Options where you can select Disable Dive Signature Enforcement from the menu.

Yes, it was right... its F8 which needed to be pressed to get into Advanced Boot Options... many thanks for your help
2017-3-24
Use props
Hove
New
United Kingdom

Strictly speaking, it is a problem with the DJI driver and not windows.  Windows requires certified drivers to protect your computer against viral drivers.  Because DJI have not yet got their driver certified, you need to disable this checking in window.  Once done, be very very very careful to only install other drivers from well recognised sites: it's now your responsibilty to check for viral drivers, as you've disabled microsofts ability to do so.

FWIW, I've just done this on Windows 10, and camera calibration now works perfectly again.
2017-3-27
Use props
fans8310175e
lvl.1
United States

It is a problem with windows not installing the visiin drivers.  - Must press restart while holding shift button. - Select the “Troubleshoot” tile on the Choose an option screen that appears. - Select “Advanced options”. - Click the “Startup Settings” tile. - Click the “Restart” button to restart your PC into the Startup Settings screen. -Type “7” or “F7” at the Startup Settings screen to activate the “Disable driver signature enforcement” option.

Dam.....Thank YOU VERY MUCH.  POS drivers.
Vision calibrated now, finally.
2018-2-18
Use props
djiuser_pyALt0WVmJFy
New
Flight distance : 73835 ft

It is a problem with windows not installing the visiin drivers.  - Must press restart while holding shift button. - Select the “Troubleshoot” tile on the Choose an option screen that appears. - Select “Advanced options”. - Click the “Startup Settings” tile. - Click the “Restart” button to restart your PC into the Startup Settings screen. -Type “7” or “F7” at the Startup Settings screen to activate the “Disable driver signature enforcement” option.

This fixed my problem straight away. Good Job.
2018-4-8
Use props
fansdae0387d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 745 ft
United States

I have been having the exact same problem except that I use Windows 10 on both my computers.  Like you, I called DJI and they told me to send it to them which I did.  After a $411 estimate to do totally unrelated and unnecessary stuff, I finally got it back.  I'm still trying to do the Vision Sensor Calibration.
2018-12-6
Use props
fans34c67d11
New

South Korea

Good!!! Thanks a lot!
2019-3-2
Use props
HH1
Captain
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

I can only speak about Windows-10, after taking off the driver check, and installing the driver from dji, I found that taking off the security check is ONLY for one time, and any time you want to run Assistant to do a vision calibration - you will have to do the same thing because, the next time after taking off the check, that the machine is booted, the protection has been put back on.  Otherwise, every time you want to calibrate the sensors, you have to take off that protection so that driver will install.
2019-3-3
Use props
WRHershey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry to say this if you don't already know, but your using a discontinued and not supported version of Windows. Support was discontinued back in 2015, with 'extended support' ending in 2020. One thing to remember in all things Windows, Microsoft does not control the hardware platform, so a lot of issues really lay in the hardware/Windows interface area. With a system that old, who knows....That being said, on Won10 platform, I've never had a issue with 2 separate machines, except, sometimes DJI Assistant doesn't like the screen your using.
2019-3-4
Use props
jumping
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40141 ft
United States

Hove Posted at 2017-3-27 00:25
Strictly speaking, it is a problem with the DJI driver and not windows.  Windows requires certified drivers to protect your computer against viral drivers.  Because DJI have not yet got their driver certified, you need to disable this checking in window.  Once done, be very very very careful to only install other drivers from well recognised sites: it's now your responsibilty to check for viral drivers, as you've disabled microsofts ability to do so.

FWIW, I've just done this on Windows 10, and camera calibration now works perfectly again.

Hi there , so I was just searching for the calibration of the front sensors and now I see your message rering to camera calibration. My question is , Are they the same or related ?
2019-3-14
Use props
Wanbli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3848497 ft
United States

Unfortunately, this IS NOT the problem I'm having as I can plug in a different Mavic Pro and it works fine! It continues to request to reboot the aircraft, but no amount of rebooting THIS aircraft will allow the calibration to continue. PLEASE HELP!!
2021-8-22
Use props
Wanbli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3848497 ft
United States

Wanbli Posted at 8-22 06:08
Unfortunately, this IS NOT the problem I'm having as I can plug in a different Mavic Pro and it works fine! It continues to request to reboot the aircraft, but no amount of rebooting THIS aircraft will allow the calibration to continue. PLEASE HELP!!

I had to replace the Main Core Board to fix this "Reboot The Aircraft error.
2021-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules