P4P+ going ok but a couple of q's
974 13 2017-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stormpilgrim
lvl.1
Australia

Hi pretty happy with my P4P+ that arrived a week or so ago.    I do seem to get a bit of a tilting horizon like many others get but haven't tried and calibration etc yet so will do that.

Its my first drone and here is one of my first videos - its a bit long with some bits that should be shorter -

One question i have is that I'd like to look a little higher at times.. ie so the horizon can be a little lower than half way or the sky more than half the frame.  Just wondering if this is an option for the gimble or anything to allow this.  I guess the blades might get in the picture or something but hoping its an option for just a bit.

I'm a keen landscape/storm photographer and although its a wide angle lense I'd like to be able to see the tops of big storms at times - but these are cut off when the horizon is a half way.

This is one of my photos taken with my still camera with a 21mm lens (wider) for example - I couldn't have framed it this way with the P4P+ camera.

2017-3-23
Use props
stormpilgrim
lvl.1
Australia

I mean to say i corrected the slight horizon tilt in the video that was in some of the shots in post.  Some of this correction had to be animated as the tilt changed through the shot - especially if turning.
2017-3-23
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Your assumption is correct, you end up seeing the props, although it is possible to tilt up about 30 degrees.
2017-3-23
Use props
stormpilgrim
lvl.1
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-23 18:34
Your assumption is correct, you end up seeing the props, although it is possible to tilt up about 30 degrees.

Hi Geebax - how can I do this?  Is it just an option in the menus somewhere?
2017-3-23
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

stormpilgrim Posted at 2017-3-23 18:38

Never wanted to use it, but I think it is an option in the menus on a P3.
2017-3-23
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

stormpilgrim Posted at 2017-3-23 18:38

Yes it is in Gimbal section, turn on under 30 degree  tilt
2017-3-23
Use props
fansd0557df1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71152 ft
Germany

I don't see any tilt horizon at all. Looks very level to me.
2017-3-23
Use props
stormpilgrim
lvl.1
Australia

fansd0557df1 Posted at 2017-3-23 19:55
I don't see any tilt horizon at all. Looks very level to me.

If you see my comment after first post I said that I meant to mention that I had fixed the tilted horizon in post.. sometimes requiring an animated tilt fix as it changed during turning shots.
2017-3-23
Use props
stalker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13632 ft
Netherlands

A bit of topic, but your photo is very nice. Amazing cloud!
2017-3-24
Use props
stormpilgrim
lvl.1
Australia

stalker Posted at 2017-3-24 00:06
A bit of topic, but your photo is very nice. Amazing cloud!

Thanks Stalker

Well the option to allow to lift an extra 30 degrees is great.. you don't see the props for most of the way up to that 30 degrees - at least when you are hovering.  I guess you would earlier when flying forward.

Here's a photo I took yesterday evening.   I live in Darwin in tropical Australia and we're very spoiled by beautiful sunsets and scenery

2017-3-26
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

stormpilgrim Posted at 2017-3-26 17:35
Thanks Stalker

Well the option to allow to lift an extra 30 degrees is great.. you don't see the props for most of the way up to that 30 degrees - at least when you are hovering.  I guess you would earlier when flying forward.

'I live in Darwin in tropical Australia and we're very spoiled by beautiful sunsets and scenery '

Not to mention monsoonal rain, more lightning strikes than anywhere else, and seriously large crocodiles.
2017-3-26
Use props
stormpilgrim
lvl.1
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-26 17:55
'I live in Darwin in tropical Australia and we're very spoiled by beautiful sunsets and scenery '

Not to mention monsoonal rain, more lightning strikes than anywhere else, and seriously large crocodiles.

All part of the fun!

The fishing is quite good too!

2017-3-26
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

stormpilgrim Posted at 2017-3-26 19:29
All part of the fun!

The fishing is quite good too!

Not that I can be accused of doing it much, but several years ago I was running along the path above the beach at Nightcliff. I came around a small bend and there was a big saltie right in the middle of the path. Now that can get your day off to a bad start.
2017-3-26
Use props
DanbyUrgess
lvl.4
United States

Very nice! Thx for sharing, also in regards to your jogging story below, I understand why it's been several years since you were out running. I would pack extra nappies to take in case I saw one around a bend...lol
2017-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules