Need some research help
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

I don't know if this is the right place for this, ut I need some help and I am unsure where to ask.

I have a research project due for one of my college classes (300 level).  I am talking abot the expanding of the drone market and I need some actual figures to help make my argument.  Can anyone direct me to where I can find the approximate value of the total drone market across all (civilian) sectors for the past 5 or 10 years or so?  I would like to be able to graph it out to show the trend.

I thought about trying to illustrate it via stock prices but it seems most of the major players are not publicly traded (including DJI) so that's out.  GoPro is, but they would kind of illustrate the opposite point (poor GoPro, thy must have some bad karma or something).

Anyway, can anyone give me some chartable numbers?  Or at least point me toward a citeable source?
2017-3-23
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If you Google  drone market research report,  you can find some reports that require payment.
2017-3-23
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-3-23 22:34
If you Google  drone market research report,  you can find some reports that require payment.

Did I mention the part where I'm a poor college student?
2017-3-23
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

9245 Posted at 2017-3-23 23:54
Did I mention the part where I'm a poor college student?

Find it through the database your college paid for.
2017-3-24
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

"GoPro is, but they would kind of illustrate the opposite point "

What makes you think that the opposite is not true?

Just because the press treat the drone market as though it is as big as the market for smart phones doesn't mean that it actually is!

A better guide for the consumer drone market would be the market for fixed wing drones (model aeroplanes) that has existed for decades and clearly has had a limited size.   The consumer market for quadcopters is clearly bigger because they are easier to fly and are more useful for photography and videography but it is still of limited size and possibly peaked with GoPro's Karma launch and it's drones subsequently dropping out of the sky.   Fact is that drones of any sort are not useful or a suitable hobby for the average person.  

The market for commercial drones still has a long way to expand, people are still finding more uses for them, but they wont be buying GoPro's current offering and until the rules change so that they don't need to be kept within visual sight of the operator the commercial market also has limits that maybe aren't too far away.

2017-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules