Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is DJI abandoning its loyal beta testers?
38103 586 2017-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fruxen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1370630 ft
Sweden

Well there ya go, great news
2017-3-30
Use props
Jim Watkins
First Officer
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-3-30 00:53
But that's changing. If you're a Beta tester you would have just received the email. DJI are listening!

P4 prod firmware release early in April. I've suggested that they release fix details for it too, not just new features. They'll try to incorporate - let's see. This is great news.

Yes,

I just checked the beta test site and saw the message.  Thanks for the update DJI.  

--Jim
2017-3-30
Use props
Jim Watkins
First Officer
United States

Thank you DJI for giving us an update.  It makes a big difference.  Official firmware is expected early next month.

--Jim
Burbank, CA
2017-3-30
Use props
Mobilcams
First Officer
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-3-30 00:53
But that's changing. If you're a Beta tester you would have just received the email. DJI are listening!

P4 prod firmware release early in April. I've suggested that they release fix details for it too, not just new features. They'll try to incorporate - let's see. This is great news.

AWESOMENESS!! Thank you Punchbuggy!
2017-3-30
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes we are listening and have never stopped.  Enjoy.
2017-3-30
Use props
Nevillejp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 703684 ft
New Zealand

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-3-29 22:38
Jamie, I have downloaded and installed Assistant 2 v1.1.0-2 as suggested. I installed it with the PC booted to turn off digital driver signing recognition, as V1.1.0-0 incorporated an unsigned driver which would not load otherwise (you'd easily miss it, and the DOS CMD window just races past). I rebooted after installation to return the PC to normal state before running Assistant 2.

The first thing that happened when I started Assistant 2 v1.1.0-2 is that I receive a 'Missing signed driver - LibUSB-Win32 kernel driver' message. I ignored that and proceeded.

I've just tried Assistant 2 v1.1.0-2 and there is no option to Downgrade Firmware, still the only option available is to refresh the current Beta version
2017-3-30
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Nevillejp Posted at 2017-3-30 11:39
I've just tried Assistant 2 v1.1.0-2 and there is no option to Downgrade Firmware, still the only option available is to refresh the current Beta version

Huh? Definitely not what I saw, Neville. Did it want you to log-in again? Did you see the same error message about the missing driver?
Anyway, it's irrelevant perhaps. You can upgrade to a prod version soon.
2017-3-30
Use props
Nevillejp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 703684 ft
New Zealand

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-3-30 12:23
Huh? Definitely not what I saw, Neville. Did it want you to log-in again? Did you see the same error message about the missing driver?
Anyway, it's irrelevant perhaps. You can upgrade to a prod version soon.

Yes, had to login again, no missing driver error and this was on a computer that has never had Assistant 2 software installed before, yea and lets hope all the features that were in the Beta are still in the prod version and we haven't lost anything.
2017-3-30
Use props
JockC
First Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Nevillejp Posted at 2017-3-30 11:39
I've just tried Assistant 2 v1.1.0-2 and

Is that version of Assistant 2 only available to beta testers? I can't see it anywhere on the DJI download site.
2017-3-30
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

JockC Posted at 2017-3-30 16:23
Is that version of Assistant 2 only available to beta testers? I can't see it anywhere on the DJI download site.

Did you read the whole thread, Joc? The link is on post #29.
2017-3-30
Use props
JockC
First Officer
Australia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-3-30 17:08
Did you read the whole thread, Joc? The link is on post #29.

Thanks. Tried it but it's obviously not intended foe drones running production firmware. In the calibration section, it comes up with an error and wouldn't let me start a calibration, even if I wanted to (kept telling me to reboot the P4). Still calibrates fine on another PC running DJI Assist 2 V1.0.9
2017-3-30
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

JockC Posted at 2017-3-30 19:09
Thanks. Tried it but it's obviously not intended foe drones running production firmware. In the calibration section, it comes up with an error and wouldn't let me start a calibration, even if I wanted to (kept telling me to reboot the P4). Still calibrates fine on another PC running DJI Assist 2 V1.0.9

No, it should be good, as I upgraded and re-configured my P4P recently using v1.1.0-0.

Be advised that you had to install V1.1.0-0 with signed driver enforcement off to be able to install All drivers, and I installed v1.1.0-2 in the same way. I'm unclear whether Neville (above) installed it this way though.
Do this under Win 10 by holding down <Shift> when selecting Reboot, and following prompts to do a selective reboot (Option #7 will disable signed driver enforcement, I think). After installlation, just reboot and start Assistant 2.
Or you could just keep using v1.0.9... :-)
2017-3-30
Use props
JockC
First Officer
Australia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-3-30 19:30
Be advised that you had to install V1.1.0-0 with signed driver enforcement off to be able to install All drivers, and I installed v1.1.0-2 in the same way.

Thanks for the info. DJI Assist 2 installed fine but I still get "Frame Alignment Error" , "Please reboot drone" each time I click on the calibrate option. It doesn't give me the opportunity to proceed.

I need to get rid of the constant DJI Go 4 "Forward and Downward Vision Sensor " error each time I start the drone (only occurred since last year's firmware update). The drone flies and hovers perfectly, even with the error so there's obviously not a real issue. A couple of restarts also gets rid of the DJI Go 4 error message.

I have recalibrated using Assist 1.0.9 and it says that it completed successfully but does not resolve the problem. I thought that this latest DJI Assist might fix it but it won't let me calibrate at all. Hopefully, a final release of firmware and DJI assist in the next few days might resolve the issue.
2017-4-2
Use props
BEN_M16
Captain
Flight distance : 3148192 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Someboy in the beta, have received any reward???

In the message Dji says that before day 1 April, but today is day 3, and nothing happens..........
2017-4-3
Use props
Driller35
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1106 ft
Thailand

Any update as of yet to for us stuck on Beta firmware, some say you seen letter from DJI and i have seen nothing from them , i wasn't able to actually run thru the beta testing and report as remote control issues had me grounded  
2017-4-5
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Driller35 Posted at 2017-4-5 03:43
Any update as of yet to for us stuck on Beta firmware, some say you seen letter from DJI and i have seen nothing from them , i wasn't able to actually run thru the beta testing and report as remote control issues had me grounded

Hi. As advised @ post #40, DJI have advised beta testers that the prod release of the next firmware for the P4 would be earlly April. If they are still on track, as soon as the next few days...
2017-4-5
Use props
Driller35
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1106 ft
Thailand

Thanks Punchbuggy, hopefully they are track Cheers
2017-4-5
Use props
Cian McLiam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 366496 ft
Ireland

Still no news?!
2017-4-7
Use props
BEN_M16
Captain
  • >>>
Spain

Today is 7 of april and no news about new firmware, and no reward.......
2017-4-7
Use props
fans8bd2b97c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 264541 ft
United Kingdom

Seems like every DJI customer is a beta tester..............
2017-4-8
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

DJI just released new firmware for the Mavic. Hopefully now imminent for the P4...
2017-4-8
Use props
Jim Watkins
First Officer
United States

Well?  This is the 10th and still no update.  We were told to expect an update by April 7th.  What gives DJI?

--Jim

Burbank, CA
2017-4-10
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

Yes I'm eager to get this firmware too. Maybe they are ironing out some bugs and it's taking longer than expected.
2017-4-10
Use props
BEN_M16
Captain
  • >>>
Spain

If there any bugs left.......they have from January to solve them............

We only have a DJI statement saying that before April 1 we had the reward, and before April 7 the firmware.
Well none have been fulfilled, but the worst is not that, but they say nothing.

Could write a brief statement explaining the reason for the delay, which may be SPARK, PHANTOM 4 ADVANCED .......... etc

But no, they prefer not to say anything.
2017-4-10
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.4
Guernsey

Well it should be long hopefully.
But agree they should really keep people in the loop as to what's happening.
2017-4-10
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

StephenGSY Posted at 2017-4-10 08:44
Well it should be long hopefully.
But agree they should really keep people in the loop as to what's happening.

I emailed the Beta admin last night. Advice returned soon after was it's 'on the way. maybe next week'.
[Sigh]
2017-4-10
Use props
RobSinfield
lvl.4
Flight distance : 187493 ft
Canada

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-4-10 13:28
I emailed the Beta admin last night. Advice returned soon after was it's 'on the way. maybe next week'.
[Sigh]

maybe next week

Maybe means it's not coming next week.  It's vaporware... DJI's reality is based in fiction.  They've never met a deadline or fulfilled a promise in the past... expecting anything more of them is naive.

I'd be surprised if there are any future updates for the P4, maybe a method for beta testers to revert and that's it.
2017-4-11
Use props
microlinux
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2576972 ft
  • >>>
United States

RobSinfield Posted at 2017-4-11 11:18
maybe next week

Maybe means it's not coming next week.  It's vaporware... DJI's reality is based in fiction.  They've never met a deadline or fulfilled a promise in the past... expecting anything more of them is naive.

Welcome to the world of software development. In the meantime, we're still flying.
2017-4-11
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

microlinux Posted at 2017-4-11 11:34
Welcome to the world of software development. In the meantime, we're still flying.

Yeah  - I agree. It's frustrating, but those with the beta P4 firmware still have access to the new features. I, for one, am very grateful to be able to interchange batteries cleanly with my P4P (as the beta firmware aligned battery firmware between the models).

I understand that DJI released new firmware for the Mavic in the last week, and as it would use code common with the P4, I'd bet that DJI are waiting to see if there's any significant issues there before releasing the next P4 prod firmware. No developer is ever wise with a 'Big Bang' approach...

Also, just checked out the Release Notes for the Mavic release. It lists 'Optimized gimbal auto-calibration'. Will be interesting to see if this carries into the P4 range.
2017-4-11
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.4
Guernsey

It is starting to look like it may not happen. Mavic and phantom 4 pro have their new firmware. But guess it's still early days as inspire 2 is still with the buggy firmware for Litchi. Fingers crossed it happens soon.
2017-4-12
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.4
Guernsey

What if all this testing was to see how the new P4 Advanced would manage with the new flight modes. And not to bring these features to the standard P4.
Just something running in my head.
Cos there is literally no difference between the two models. Which means the firmware must be ready.
2017-4-13
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.4
Guernsey

Oh and thinking why would they release the features in to the standard??
Would almost make it not cost effective to upgrade to the advanced.s
2017-4-13
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.4
Flight distance : 523799 ft
Ireland

If that was DJI's approach it's quite sneaky. What I suspect is that P4 Advanced has the newer revision of the myriad-2 VPU the mavic and P4P have. It's the same processor as the p4 with a few tweaks, programming base must be shared on most points hence enabling features on the original P4.

Obviously DJI had to tweak the newer lines ASAP to establish their stability as opposed to the stable fw the P4 currently has.

I think this would explain the delay and really hope the P4 gets its deserved final update with the goodies in it.
2017-4-13
Use props
r_drone
First Officer
Flight distance : 2120758 ft
Russia

Phantom 4 model will reach its End of Life (EOL) on April 30, 2017  
http://www.dji.com/newsroom/news/new-phantom-4-advanced-gives-creators-the-ideal-flying-camera-for-expanding-their-creative-vision
2017-4-13
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.4
Guernsey

Sneaky but rather clever way to tweak firmware for an upcoming drone.
There's nothing stopping them not ever releasing for the P4 Standars. Us users being told there was some issues that couldn't be resolved. It's the beta testers I feel sorry for. They are stuck on that test firmware until DJI decide what's happening.
DJI really need to come to a decision and release current firmware with a higher revision number for beta testers to get back to stock. Or release what might be a final firmware for the P4 with whatever features may be stable.
2017-4-13
Use props
Heir InVioLable
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

You are lucky you didn't have to Beta Test the Matrice 600 Pro,  also known as the Matrice 600.  
2017-4-13
Use props
Heir InVioLable
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

You are lucky you didn't have to Beta Test the Matrice 600 Pro,  also known as the Matrice 600.   It's been 10 months of Beta testing and they even released the M600Pro and discontinued the Beta version,,,,,,Still no response
2017-4-13
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.4
Guernsey

That's crazy about the Matrice. But I guess in small print they cover themselves. I've not had the chance to Beta Test and it's looking like I was lucky not to.
2017-4-13
Use props
Bax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

Wait till you try to get the promised credit for beta testing... it took me months of communication, then I received less than half what I expected, and still waiting for the order - very very frustrating, I hoped for a little more support as a tester - good luck
2017-4-13
Use props
Helimage
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144140 ft
Finland

Bax Posted at 2017-4-13 07:12
Wait till you try to get the promised credit for beta testing... it took me months of communication, then I received less than half what I expected, and still waiting for the order - very very frustrating, I hoped for a little more support as a tester - good luck

I got the credit.
2017-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules