Is DJI abandoning its loyal beta testers?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah, think I'm done too. Going to fly my P4 until it crashes or dies of old age and then reasses my options.

It's interesting. I read an article In a Chinese paper the other day stating that's DJI was coming out with pink and sparkly versions of the same products in the hopes of luring women into the market. The executive they interviewed openly admitted that they could foresee market saturation, and they were looking for new ways to continue their growth trajectory.

And I thought, wow - you really don't get it do you DJI? There is no point in chasing growth if you can't retain your existing customers. It's a model that is ultimately doomed to failure.

Cell phone companies assign a lifetime value to each of their customers. A formula calculates what they are worth to the company over the period of their lifetime. The bigger the number, the harder they will fight to keep you.

For DJI, every lifetime value is exactly what they paid for their drone. After that, you're worth zero.
2017-5-24
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
United Kingdom

Well I bought a Mavic Pro. And I love it. Probably going to sell my P4. The Mavic has everything I need portable in a small bag. And reasonable flight time and very stable. Sorry I know this is a P4 thread. Just have to wait for my P4 to come back from repair. Been a month almost already.
2017-5-24
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-5-24 11:22
Yeah, think I'm done too. Going to fly my P4 until it crashes or dies of old age and then reasses my options.

It's interesting. I read an article In a Chinese paper the other day stating that's DJI was coming out with pink and sparkly versions of the same products in the hopes of luring women into the market. The executive they interviewed openly admitted that they could foresee market saturation, and they were looking for new ways to continue their growth trajectory.

"It's interesting. I read an article In a Chinese paper the other day  stating that's DJI was coming out with pink and sparkly versions of the  same products in the hopes of luring women into the market"

Well - that must be SPARK:

Spark.jpg
2017-5-24
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Eric13 Posted at 2017-5-24 12:58
"It's interesting. I read an article In a Chinese paper the other day  stating that's DJI was coming out with pink and sparkly versions of the  same products in the hopes of luring women into the market"

Well - that must be SPARK:

Yep. Showed it to my wife and she said she wanted one. Told her it was 500 quid, she told me to go **** myself.
2017-5-24
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-5-24 13:12
Yep. Showed it to my wife and she said she wanted one. Told her it was 500 quid, she told me to go **** myself.

I wonder what her reaction would have been if you'd wanted a controller with it....£699. Now I would've loved to be a fly on the wall

Edit:- though to be fair that also inludes extra batteries, prop guards etc....And tell her it's a bargain they have a price crossed out of £895 down to the £699, a steal at the price
2017-5-24
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The idea behind it is that women can finally get a drone that matches their nail polish
2017-5-24
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

For that price, I think I'd rather get another P4. Oh... wait... they're not on sale anymore
2017-5-24
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-5-24 13:33
For that price, I think I'd rather get another P4. Oh... wait... they're not on sale anymore

Try John Lewis, they also give a two year warranty...
2017-5-24
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Does John Lewis do firmware? That would be a boring Christmas advert!
2017-5-24
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 523799 ft
United States

Bump.

This deserves a top spot in the forums....

This is not going away DJI, you might have but we will not....
2017-5-25
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

DJI firmware update where is it????
2017-5-25
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

This is a recent response from DJI Joe in a PM

"Unfortunately I am not connected to the beta team. I'll push this again to a team that could look closely at it, but I am not in the position to guarantee anything."

We have a term for this in the UK. "Fobbed off"
2017-5-25
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
Ireland

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-5-25 13:55
This is a recent response from DJI Joe in a PM

"Unfortunately I am not connected to the beta team. I'll push this again to a team that could look closely at it, but I am not in the position to guarantee anything."

Haha, nice way of saying nothing....

Didn't expect less...
Also wasn't this mighty DJI go update supposed to happen this week? Another set of false promises and announcements DJI? That's impossible!

We're Friday already! Oh wait, P4 beta test was called out in what? December?
2017-5-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Dnerve Posted at 2017-5-25 14:12
Haha, nice way of saying nothing....

Didn't expect less...

I suspect many of the online support here are not privy to Beta timelines, although Natalia must be as she was facilitating the latest P4P beta test selectively up to a couple of weeks ago. This sort of banter must be understandably frustrating to the other support members monitoring these threads.

And for the record Dnerve, the P4 beta was run through January. DJI advertised for testers in December but held it over till Jan - possibly because they didn't yet have the numbers. I'm still happy I put my hand up as the Beta FW was acceptably robust, but I Am unhappy with the lack of information to those involved and the lengthy delay in getting a production FW out to all. They are clearly putting all of their priority onto their new models now, and when you consider the new functionality in the Spark FW you can understand where software development focus now is.
2017-5-25
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-5-25 14:34
I suspect many of the online support here are not privy to Beta timelines, although Natalia must be as she was facilitating the latest P4P beta test selectively up to a couple of weeks ago. This sort of banter must be understandably frustrating to the other support members monitoring these threads.

And for the record Dnerve, the P4 beta was run through January. DJI advertised for testers in December but held it over till Jan - possibly because they didn't yet have the numbers. I'm still happy I put my hand up as the Beta FW was acceptably robust, but I Am unhappy with the lack of information to those involved and the lengthy delay in getting a production FW out to all. They are clearly putting all of their priority onto their new models now, and when you consider the new functionality in the Spark FW you can understand where software development focus now is.

My frustration does not come from the lack of firmware, the muddy timeline or even the forgotten beta testers. It comes from a flagrant, purposeful and wilful disregard of this specific thread. I understand that the moderators aren't privy to the development cycle. But you don't need an answer to engage with customers.

At this stage, the response is almost irrelevant. I've come to terms with the fact that the firmware containing features may never come. I've accepted that.

But to be purposefully ignored angers me on a personal level. Prior to becoming a tech journalist, I spent my life in the world of customer care. Didn't matter how **** the job was - I always treated the person in front of me with respect. If I didn't know the answer, I was honest. And people always appreciated it.

This isn't about firmware for me anymore. It's about the ratio - 333 posts from users and 1 (daft) response  from representatives of the DJI brand
2017-5-25
Use props
RonHarper
lvl.2

United States

Wow. Over 13,000 views of this thread and no comment from DJI. That is despicable.
2017-5-25
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

Sure, it is.
2017-5-25
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

DJI You need to sort this out it will cost you future sale.
2017-5-26
Use props
Forrest_Siems
lvl.2
Flight distance : 566014 ft
United States

DJI is the most bass ackward company.
2017-5-27
Use props
fansda835cd1
lvl.2

United States

Bump any updates on the P4 firmware?
2017-5-29
Use props
Jim Watkins
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

fansda835cd1 Posted at 2017-5-29 05:22
Bump any updates on the P4 firmware?

Now THAT's a good question!
2017-5-29
Use props
Montymelon
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-5-29
Use props
Forrest_Siems
lvl.2
United States

If you look in the announcements section. One thread dji opened and numbers of people asked about p4 firmware and not a peep. They just don't care
2017-5-29
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

DJI don't seem to care about loyal customers or they would have done something by now . This is a shame  it will cost them in the long run.
2017-5-29
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Did someone say bump? I think I heard a bump.

still waiting
2017-5-30
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

DJI when are you going to listen????? P4 firmware ???????????????????????????????
2017-5-30
Use props
Dronald
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103576 ft
Germany

Ein unterirdischer oder besser gesagt KEIN Kundensupport wird sich irgendwann auch auf die Verkauzszahlen niederschlagen und ihnen eine Menge Dollars kosten.
2017-5-30
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Dronald Posted at 2017-5-30 03:56
Ein unterirdischer oder besser gesagt KEIN Kundensupport wird sich irgendwann auch auf die Verkauzszahlen niederschlagen und ihnen eine Menge Dollars kosten.

Yeah - what he said!
2017-5-30
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

Helo DJI are you there? Do you care are you listening?
2017-5-31
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
Ireland

I've more hopes reading an update in one of Donald Trump's tweets rather than here...

This is beyond being disrespectful, this is about being blatantly dishonnest and deceitful, probably the core values hidden behind the "D" in "DJI".
2017-5-31
Use props
Stach23
lvl.3
Flight distance : 721795 ft
United States

Dnerve Posted at 2017-5-31 03:16
I've more hopes reading an update in one of Donald Trump's tweets rather than here...

This is beyond being disrespectful, this is about being blatantly dishonnest and deceitful, probably the core values hidden behind the "D" in "DJI".

Dnerve, those words are spot on! All I will say is that DJI will not get another red cent out of me unless P4 firmware is released that fixes the tilted horizon (we know that you fixed it on the P4P) and adds the additional flight modes (you already had them in beta). More importantly, I can guarantee that my friends and forum friends will hear exactly how DJI treats their customers and I will strongly encourage them to look elsewhere to a company that actually supports their products!!!
2017-5-31
Use props
Forrest_Siems
lvl.2
United States

I actually went and bought an autel x star yesterday. Was looking at the mavic but why buy that and be in the same boat as my p4 in a few months? If they realease firmware that's just a bonus at this point. Ive gotten better service from autel in 24 hours than I have with dji in several months. The autel may not be as good of a product but their customer service and support surpasses that. Goodbye Dji!  
2017-5-31
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
United States

This is plain BS.

From now on I'll be welcoming potential P4 buyers or peeps asking about it with something along the lines of the below in their threads, each one of them, wherever relevant:

"Before taking the plunge with the P4, or any other DJI product for that matter, have a look at the thread below to get an idea of the level of support the P4 receives, and it's bound to get worse over time:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D368%26typeid%3D368
"

I've had it with this nonsense and hypocrisy....

2017-5-31
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Dnerve Posted at 2017-5-31 14:08
This is plain BS.

From now on I'll be welcoming potential P4 buyers or peeps asking about it with something along the lines of the below in their threads, each one of them, wherever relevant:

Informative, accurate and to the point. Don't see how you can get in trouble for that.
2017-5-31
Use props
M109
lvl.4

New Zealand

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-5-31 16:21
Informative, accurate and to the point. Don't see how you can get in trouble for that.

Just don't be negative about the situation or you WILL get Banned as I did!!
2017-5-31
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
Ireland

M109 Posted at 2017-5-31 19:36
Just don't be negative about the situation or you WILL get Banned as I did!!

I don't think I am being particularly negative, just speaking the truth. We're the ones being insulted by this silence, not the other way around.

I am not doing anything against the forum rules or spamming or invading topics unless I missed something.
2017-6-1
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

Freedom of Speach I say. People need to know DJI are not supporting their products. DJI just need to stand up and take responsibility for their commitments and not leave people hanging as they have done with the Beta Testers. Firmware or no Firmware the silence is shameful.
2017-6-1
Use props
Montymelon
Banned

United States

2017-6-1
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Nice. How did you get these emails? Any idea who the individuals are? Pretty sure there are enough of us here to make their inbox a pretty miserable site. Taken a screenshot in case your post is removed by the omnipresent... and yet not at all present... DJI
2017-6-1
Use props
Montymelon
Banned

United States

2017-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules