Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Black screen on mobile
26868 55 2017-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ixyQeEdhN0p9
lvl.1

Costa Rica

Hi I have a Phantom 4 original.
Have flown for months without issue.
Today I go to fly and experience black screen.
Cannot take photos/video, but I can take off and move the camera via remote.
Any advice plz help.
Screenshot_2017-08-31-21-36-48.png
Screenshot_2017-08-31-21-35-52.png
2017-8-31
Use props
ixyQeEdhN0p9
lvl.1

Costa Rica

Hi I have a Phantom 4 original.
Have flown for months without issue.
Today I go to fly and experience black screen.
Cannot take photos/video, but I can take off and move the camera via remote.
Any advice plz help.
2017-8-31
Use props
fans101ecf2f
New
United States

I just recieved my Mavic on Sunday and after performing all of the set-up steps including updating the firmware, I too dont have a picture on my iPhone 6S.  Has anybody gotten a good response from DJI regarding this issue.  It's a little frustrating that I havent been able to fly it yet.

Thanks!
2017-9-19
Use props
FredCook
lvl.1
United States

Got my first Drone yesterday, a Mavic Pro.  I read all the print, watched all the videos and then some, followed all of the instructions and went out to fly this afternoon.  Black screen on my iPhone 8plus.  Not very happy!  I was told DJI was a good company with good products but when I review this forum, I wonder!  This seems to have been going on since the first of the year and I don't see any resolution just a bunch of guessing and "try this" junk…  I guess I need to check into the return policy and look for a different brand.
2017-11-1
Use props
FredCook
lvl.1
United States

FredCook Posted at 2017-11-1 13:00
Got my first Drone yesterday, a Mavic Pro.  I read all the print, watched all the videos and then some, followed all of the instructions and went out to fly this afternoon.  Black screen on my iPhone 8plus.  Not very happy!  I was told DJI was a good company with good products but when I review this forum, I wonder!  This seems to have been going on since the first of the year and I don't see any resolution just a bunch of guessing and "try this" junk…  I guess I need to check into the return policy and look for a different brand.

Just spoke to my dealer and changed cables, no problems now,  Seems the holders pinch the phone enough to somehow disturb it.  When I keep the cable clear of the holder and lightly put the phone in the holder I have no issues.  I am going to get a different style holder to take care of this issue long term as well as free the "home" button (make it more accessible as well.
2017-11-1
Use props
Earhart
lvl.1
Flight distance : 257648 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-27 03:06
The app will not cause the device shutting down.
Please try to full charge your mobile device then test again.
And please ensure that you do not have any programs running in the background.

DJI MINDY... WHY IS DJI NOT ADDRESSING THIS ISSUE? SO MANY PEOPLE SAY THAT AFTER THE LAST FIRMWARE UPGRADE, THEIR SCREEN GOES BLACK. AS DID MINE! I SPENT $200 ON A NEW WIRE RIBBON AND NEW LENS AND STILL A BLACK SCREEN. COME ON DJI, WE PAY $1000 FOR OUR MAVICS (WHICH WE LOVE)!!

SEE ME BELOW POST:

2018-3-18
Use props
Earhart
lvl.1
Flight distance : 257648 ft
United States

Had various issues after firmware update. Changed Fan, wifi module, 20+strand camera wire and camera lens. Deleted app and re-installed. Re-set whatever there is to re-set. Flies like a bird but still no picture. Camera tilts fine. No recording on sd card eventhough RC shows 'recording' (in progress). Anyway to check? Thanks in advance.
2018-3-18
Use props
Gary UNY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178776 ft
United States

Related issue with apparently a twist.  A while ago received a replacement MP for one that lost a fight with a tree.  Yesterday, activated it for the first time.  (I had another MP that I had ordered after the tree fight, as it took a few months to get the first down from the tree.)  Upgraded firmware, calibrated everything.  When exposure is set to auto, I get screen image.  But, when exposure is set to manual I get a black or barely visible screen image.

I note that when set to auto the ISO is 1600 and shutter speed at 30.  When set to manual, I use 100 for ISO and shutter speed at 30.  I cannot get any screen image to appear unless I manually set ISO to 1600.  When in manual I cannot adjust the EV, which is locked at -2.0.  If I set to auto, the ISO is locked, but the EV is adjustable, and thus I can confirm that this makes a difference.  Se attached screen shots.

Is there something I'm missing, or do I need to send this MP in for repair?  And, if I do, will it still be covered under warranty and/or Care Fresh, since this second MP is a replacement under Care Refresh signed up for the first (treed) MP, which first MP was determined to not be reparable?

Screen image when exposure set to auto

Screen image when set to manual and replicate the ISO and shutter speed settings established by auto

Screen image when set to manual and ISO and shutter speed set to desired settings.  Again, I am not able to change the EV from -2.0 under manual to match the 0.0 established by auto.  (I subscribe to the practice that 100 ISO should always be used, and filters used to adjust.)
2018-3-18
Use props
Saif Ul Amin
New

Pakistan

I have Dji Phantom 3 Profitional.   I Replace my Gimble Ribbon replace.  But  now The camera become Black.  I re intall the Dji Go App  but the dproblem are same
2018-6-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Saif Ul Amin Posted at 2018-6-20 05:00
I have Dji Phantom 3 Profitional.   I Replace my Gimble Ribbon replace.  But  now The camera become Black.  I re intall the Dji Go App  but the dproblem are same

Hi, please contact our support to send your unit to our facility, however, we might already avoid the warranty of your aircraft due to that we replaced the cable in gimbal part like what you've mentioned. Please see the link.

https://www.dji.com/support
2018-6-20
Use props
MelissaRycroft
New

United States

iPhone black screen?
1. Turn off or restart your device. If you can’t turn it off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time and wait a few seconds for it to turn off.

Plug the device’s USB cable into your computer only.

Hold down the device’s Home button as you connect the USB cable to it.

When you see the Connect to iTunes screen, release the Home button. If you don’t see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 one more time.

2. Use RecoveryTool Fix Recovery to solve this problem easily.
2019-7-26
Use props
Yiliayoung
lvl.4

United States

Black screen issue is one of the most problems our mobile phones experience.
If you are an iPhone user who faces with it, you can fix iPhone black screen of death by charging iPhone, restore iPhone, hard reset device and repair without data loss via a tool.
2019-8-13
Use props
apochangyoo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 437336 ft
United States

bumping this thread because I have now run into this issue in 2020.
2020-5-26
Use props
djiuser_K6ZtKyZwFNaN
New

United States

Mine works with my android phone but I get the blank screen with my new android tab a7 tablet
2020-12-2
Use props
Tiana
lvl.1

United States

It seems that black screen occurs on many devices. I had my iPhone blackened several months ago and I was recommended to use an ios system recovery program to fix it. Joyoshare UltFix successfully fixed it without data loss. For your issue, you could try to force restart your device to get out of trouble.
2021-2-2
Use props
MSilver
lvl.1
United States

Had the same black screen issue with my new JDI Mini 2. Finally tried going into the Camera Settings and toggled the Overexposure Warning to ON. Problem solved. :-)
2021-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules