Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Black screen on mobile
12Next >
27048 55 2017-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ENG101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19642 ft
New Zealand

My Mavic has been running but with the latest update Mar 2017., I am now getting a black screen showing no video on my mobile device.

It's weird as the video shows when I start up the Mavic and the app. But after I calibrate the compass and try to take off it goes completely black. I  took off wayway and took a recording with the remote. Checked the recording on the SDcard and it was fine.

So the problem is either with the new firmware on the remote or the new update on the Android app for DJI Go 4.

Has anyone else experienced this on their Mavic or have any ideas on how to get my video back when the app does this?

2017-3-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please clarify what mobile device you are using?
Have you tried to change another original usb cable to connect your mobile device to the RC via the button USB port?
2017-3-25
Use props
ENG101
lvl.2
New Zealand

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-25 00:57
Could you please clarify what mobile device you are using?
Have you tried to change another original usb cable to connect your mobile device to the RC via the button USB port?

The device is a Mi5s. running Android 6.01 on their MIUI8 launcher.

I'm using the USB-C connector that came with the Mavic connected on the micro-USB port on the left side of the remote if that is what you're referring to as the button USB port.

This device has been working fine with my Mavic for the past 3 months and the problem only started after I ran the latest March 2017 firmware and app upgrades.

The weird thing is that I can see the camera video feed when the app first starts up and connects but it goes black after calibration when I try to take off. The icons are still there and I can access the camera options and Mavic settings.  It's just the Mavic camera feed that is black.

I even turned off the Mavic, remote and restarted the phone and the same thing happened.  The third time I restarted everything the video feed stayed on so I finally managed to get a flight going to capture the view I wanted.  However I lost a lot of time and the missed the camera shot I was after.

I'm worried that this can happen again at any time and would like some help isolating the cause of this  so that I know what to do next time this occurs.
2017-3-25
Use props
ENG101
lvl.2
New Zealand

ENG101 Posted at 2017-3-25 01:26
The device is a Mi5s. running Android 6.01 on their MIUI8 launcher.

I'm using the USB-C connector that came with the Mavic connected on the micro-USB port on the left side of the remote if that is what you're referring to as the button USB port.

I don't have a 2nd original USB-C cable since the Mavic only comes with one.

However, I don't think it's the cable since I can still use the options on the screen to change the settings and the camera feed comes on initially before going black.
2017-3-25
Use props
fansc8995910
New
United Kingdom

Hi guys, new to the forum! I just received the Mavic but I get a black screen using the app. I have tried a tablet and a Samsung s6 and both show the same problem. I also tried to shoot some video and photos  and both show completely black. Am I missing something really basic or is this an issue? Thanks so much for your advice as I am looking forward to seeing the mavic fly
2017-3-25
Use props
fansc8995910
New
United Kingdom

Hi, just to add to my previous post. This issue occurred both with both firmware updates (original and most recent). Thanks for your help!
2017-3-25
Use props
fans44cb1ddb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 210 ft
United States

I have been flying my Mavic every day for a week and yesterday was the first time I experienced a loss of video.  As I started to bring it back in, the video came back.  I'm using an iPhone.
2017-3-25
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

Sounds like a bad USB cable or port . Switch cable and use the other port and report back .
2017-3-25
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans44cb1ddb Posted at 2017-3-25 06:37
I have been flying my Mavic every day for a week and yesterday was the first time I experienced a loss of video.  As I started to bring it back in, the video came back.  I'm using an iPhone.

I wonder is there something really connected to this issue.  I posted the message below earlier as I thought the controller was killing the battery on my Ipad.  At takeoff the the ipad had over 50 percent battery and after about 10 minutes of flying.  Since that post I remembered that I had something similar happen with my iphone 6 plus a few weeks ago.  The iphone shut down at 65 percent battery.  This is my original post below:

Has anyone experienced their Ipad Pro shutting down at around 20 percent battery power left while flying their Mavic?     I had an interesting thing happen today while conducting a long distance flight along the shores of the Chesapeak Bay in Maryland.  I was nearly 2 miles out when my the screen went dark on my Ipad.  No; it was not that low when I started flying, it was nearly 50 percent and I had only flew about 30 percent of one battery when it started shutting down.  
I decided to not panic and looked at the screen of my controller and the Mavic was hovering in place at a resonable altitude just off shore.  I let it hover while I rebooted the Ipad and as soon as it booted up it shut down again-3 times I tried before I hit the return to home button and just waited.  
After I visually landed the Mavic I disconnected the Ipad and booted it up again and it remained powered on this time with battery power at around 20 percent. I switched to my Iphone and tried again and continued to fly 3 batteries with it with no problem.  My questions are: did it shut down at 20 percent primarily because it was connected to the app? Or, is there a particular setting in the Ipad that shuts it down when useing an app such as the Go4?  I have read posts where the app disconnects but I think this is different because the whole device shut down!  One thing for sure, its a dam good thing I had my home point set when it happened because the aircraft was much too far away to pilot it back visually.  Any assistance will be appreciated.
2017-3-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ENG101 Posted at 2017-3-25 01:32
I don't have a 2nd original USB-C cable since the Mavic only comes with one.

However, I don't think it's the cable since I can still use the options on the screen to change the settings and the camera feed comes on initially before going black.

You could try to use a original USB cable  (the cable you use to charge your phone) to connect your phone to the button USB port instead of the side micro USB port.
2017-3-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

M Stuart K Posted at 2017-3-25 07:13
I wonder is there something really connected to this issue.  I posted the message below earlier as I thought the controller was killing the battery on my Ipad.  At takeoff the the ipad had over 50 percent battery and after about 10 minutes of flying.  Since that post I remembered that I had something similar happen with my iphone 6 plus a few weeks ago.  The iphone shut down at 65 percent battery.  This is my original post below:

Has anyone experienced their Ipad Pro shutting down at around 20 percent battery power left while flying their Mavic?     I had an interesting thing happen today while conducting a long distance flight along the shores of the Chesapeak Bay in Maryland.  I was nearly 2 miles out when my the screen went dark on my Ipad.  No; it was not that low when I started flying, it was nearly 50 percent and I had only flew about 30 percent of one battery when it started shutting down.  

The app will not cause the device shutting down.
Please try to full charge your mobile device then test again.
And please ensure that you do not have any programs running in the background.
2017-3-27
Use props
fans9d372f24
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5010 ft
Switzerland

I have the same problem , after the last update, I am getting a black screen..... any solution out there or from DJI ?
2017-3-30
Use props
fansdff7922f
New
United States

I am having the black screen issue also. I haven't had success seing a picture from Camera to phone real time. I just got drone a few days ago. It flies, but I can't see anything. I tried my phone USB chord, but still nothing. Has anyone with this same issue gotten it to work? I am using an Iphone 5s.
2017-4-15
Use props
fansdff7922f
New
United States

fans9d372f24 Posted at 2017-3-30 06:42
I have the same problem , after the last update, I am getting a black screen..... any solution out there or from DJI ?

if you find a solution please let me know. I have the same issue.
2017-4-15
Use props
strick2210
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119485 ft
United States

Same thing here. I just got my mavic back from repair too. It was working before I updated to the latest firmware. I'm reverting back to .400. Hopefully that puts it back into the state it was before I did the latest firmware update.
2017-4-15
Use props
strick2210
lvl.2
United States

Update - Fixed. I reverted back to .0400 and still had the issue. This was on my S7 Edge running the latest DJI Go4 app and latest 7.0 android for my phone. I never had this issue until today. So I shut everything down plugged in my work phone which is an iphone 5s. Video is working now.... Odd... So I switched the cable again back to the S7 Edge micro usb that came with the mavic and I still didn't have video. What I did to fix my video on my S7 was just unplug the cable from the phone while the Mavic and controller was powered on and poof, video starting working on my S7 Edge again. I shutdown and restarted a few time and video continues to work on my S7 edge. Granted I'm on .0400 now and I haven't went out and flown yet, but it seems like unplugging the cable while the controller and Mavic was on did the trick for me. Now I'm wondering if I should go back to the latest firmware again.... hmmmm.
2017-4-15
Use props
blas2095
New
United States

Thanks for sharing. I tried unplugging the cable while on and still nothing.
2017-4-15
Use props
Webcruise
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

I also had this proble the last times I was flying. (iPhone 6s). While flying closed the app and restarted and picure came back. The issue does not happen always at the same time. I talked to the german service desk and they told me to reinstall the app. I did not have the chance to try if it workes now.
2017-4-15
Use props
Webcruise
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-3-25 06:51
Sounds like a bad USB cable or port . Switch cable and use the other port and report back .

Could be the reason rydfree41, but why does the video picture returnes when I restart the app during flying without touching the cable? This incident really is annoing becuase its not reproducable.
2017-4-15
Use props
strick2210
lvl.2
United States

I went back to .0600 firmware and my video still works on my S7 Edge. I guess I will caulk this one to maybe a bad cable seeding to the phone or the controller. I will update if it comes back.
2017-4-16
Use props
Iamchrisworkman
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I am experiencing the same 'black screen on mobile' issue also. I'm using an iPhone 6. I'm in process of downgrading to .0400 right now, as well as down grade the remote if that's possible. Crossing my fingers the video comes back.
2017-4-16
Use props
Iamchrisworkman
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

No luck. Downgrading didn't work. =(
2017-4-16
Use props
justrick
New

United States

Had the same issue with brand new Mavic Pro and iPhone 6s Plus. Updated firmware, flight worked just fine. Solution: Close the app and restart. Problem solved!
2017-5-15
Use props
MXM DJI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 202408 ft
Spain

PLEASE HELP! Before the last update all perfect with many good flights, but after installing 01.03.0700 I can not see anything, black screen (not photo, not video) but the flight and gimbal is correct. I have returned to previous versions and I have not recovered images again.
My Login is correct.
Original cable.
Phone: LG G4 android 6.0
This is causing me a lot of headache because I tried everything, help please.
2017-6-5
Use props
MXM DJI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 202408 ft
Spain

PLEASE HELP! Before the last update all perfect with many good flights, but after installing 01.03.0700 I can not see anything, black screen (not photo, not video) but the flight and gimbal is correct. I have returned to previous versions and I have not recovered images again.
My Login is correct.
Original cable.
Phone: LG G4 android 6.0
This is causing me a lot of headache because I tried everything, help please.
2017-6-5
Use props
Lurker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 287815 ft
United States

Im having the same problem with iPhone 7 Plus (latest iOS version, Go App and Mavic firmware).

Ive tried multiple (original Apple, original DJI and aftermarket) lighting cables and still get sporadic camera disconnects.  This has happen in multiple flight locations so I am ruling out RF interference.
2017-6-5
Use props
fans5bcee644
New
United States

I am having the same issue, brand new drone. I have tried it with the s8+, s7 edge, and tablet. Everything up to date.  I have tried the cable that it came with and also used my phone cables. This is a big issue and should get fixed ASAP!!. I heard so many good things but this is not good. I cannot believe DJI cannot see this issue.

2017-6-5
Use props
Lurker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 287815 ft
United States

Im going to wait for another round of firmware updates, if the problem does not fixed, I will open a support case.
2017-6-6
Use props
Black Lotus
New
United States

Yesterday I talk to two different support personnel from DJI, I let them know of this problem. Was told they never heard of it. I sent them the links to 3 open forums on this issue. They said most likely we are using devices that are not supported so they cannot help. So I listed the devices I have tried, S8+, S7, Iphone 6, and Asus Tablet. I also again pointed them to the forums with others having same issues with other devices.
I also sent this off of their site " os: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus."  List of support devices. Which two of them told me s7 is not supported.

Android: Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, MI 3, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20, Sony Xperia Z3, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.

Well by now i was very frustrated I felt these guys don't really care to address the issue or even believe that's the last update could have caused anything.  So bottom line, There was no help and I am using the wrong phones.  
Now I have tried their cables and the ones from the phones. I also made sure Everything is up to date from their website. I have tried to uninstall delete all files and reboot, reinstall and still nothing.

Anyone else has had better luck
2017-6-6
Use props
Black Lotus
New
United States

Update: Got a new Drone yesterday. Did not install the update and works fine on the S7 and S8+ On the S7 I ran the update and restarted, now Black screen. There are no other apps running.
So it is something with the update that is causing it. I did not run the update on the S8+ cause I still want to be able to use it. Tonight I will try it on the iPhone 6
2017-6-7
Use props
fansc4c8a652
lvl.1

China

The reason why is my iPhone screen black can be various: stuck on recovery mode, OS update failure and more. To fix the black screen issue, you can reset your mobile phone back to factory settings as it was. You can follow below:
Step 1. Open iTunes on your computer

Your iTunes should be the latest version installed on your computer.

Step 2. Connect your iPhone 6 with your computer by using USB cable

Step 3. Go to "Summary" homepage and then select “Restore iPhone” option

Step 4. Click on the "Restore" button
2017-8-10
Use props
Danjahmouse
lvl.2
Flight distance : 163474 ft
New Zealand

I've had my Mavic for 8 months without any issues, all updates fine, my issue with the black screen only started yesterday. Uninstalled app and reinstalled. First the issue only started everytime I recorded video, photos were fine but after reinstalling it now only happens when I stop recording SOMETIMES gggrrr.
2017-8-12
Use props
Danjahmouse
lvl.2
Flight distance : 163474 ft
New Zealand

Oh and when I reestablish a connection and video feed it tells me that there is no connection, RTH.
2017-8-12
Use props
rhorne
New
United Kingdom

I've just had the exact same issue described above and I'm certain it's something to do with the firmware.

I've had my brand new Mavic Pro for a fortnight now and used it 3/4 times without any hassles whatsoever. I've just taken it out for another flight and was prompted to upgrade the firmware. I did so and almost immediately afterwards I had the black screen issue. Restarting the app seemed to fix it for about 20 seconds then the black screen kicked again.

This didn't happen once before the firmware upgrade.
2017-8-13
Use props
Ray_Dunakin
lvl.4
United States

Is the screen going black suddenly, or does it gradually get darker?
2017-8-13
Use props
kou
lvl.1

China

I have the same problem. Why is my iPhone screen black?! How can I get rid of this situation? Some people tell me that iPhone black screen is commonly causes by iOS update or downgrade failure, jailbreak or hardware broken. But my iPhone does not belong to any of these issues. Should I hard rest my iPhone? Can I restore iPhone without iTunes?
2017-8-23
Use props
R_Adams
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9144 ft
Canada

Hello

I created a post about a similar issue and the iPhone 7+ in the DJI Go section; https://forum.dji.com/thread-110319-1-1.html

Maybe it is similar to your issue?

I have a new cable on order but I experienced the issue right after the upgrade to 4.1.5 and it persists with 4.1.7.

Thanks.
2017-8-26
Use props
djiuser_QVRN0kI
New
United States

I found that if you reset the camera settings, the picture returned. I am using an iPhone 6s.
2017-8-27
Use props
Wizzy 8
New
Flight distance : 2595 ft
Vietnam

djiuser_QVRN0kI Posted at 2017-8-27 17:26
I found that if you reset the camera settings, the picture returned. I am using an iPhone 6s.

I have tried that but still black screen, i have also uninstalled dji go 4 and reinstalled and tried same thing black screen with HUD details but no video signal.
2017-8-28
Use props
RjRA2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63894 ft
United States

Hello,
Yesterday I got my new Mavic and first thing I did was charge all the batteries then connected it my computer and upgraded all firmware for the remote and drone.  I also did all the calibrations before taking it out for a flight.

My first flight was probably 5 minutes long and my image on my NEW iPhone 7 went black on me.  I was able to get it back to the ground without any issues.  Once back the image and restarting everything the image came back.  My second flight ended with the same result, my image went out after flying for maybe 5 minutes and I returned to home.

What is going on?  The drone, remote and my iPhone are brand new and up to date on the latest firmware.
2017-8-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules