Economics or failure? What do you think?
650 5 2017-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mcdudeflut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

I already posted this in reaction to someone asking about the status of a repair.
However i would wanna know your opinion.
And yes, Dirty Harry once said

There are a lot of questions about repair, swap or CAS numbers.
unfortunatelly sad but true.
But personally i think a 4 - 6 week timeframe is more then reasonable for getting your drone fixed.
The Mavic is successful and in the beginning you had troubles even getting a Mavic.
Then when more and more people were getting there hands on them more and more Mavics were getting wrecked (REPAIR!!!!)
DJI could have known this upfront and scaled up their repair facilities worldwide.
Somehow they didn't,.......economics or failure?
I think they did the math.
Cause you could hire 10000 repair dudes and invest in their repair skills.
But after a few months as the Mavic hype is over you have to fire them.
In other words,....waist of time and money.
Cheaper alternative,..........complain at a forum and cherry pick.
Sad but true.

What do you think?

2017-3-25
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I can only tell you that the management is fully aware of what's going on, so...
2017-3-26
Use props
Mcdudeflut
lvl.4
Netherlands

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-3-26 00:21
I can only tell you that the management is fully aware of what's going on, so...

It is good to hear that they are aware of it and i pressume they acknowledge the issue.

Cause it's just a matter of time before the small repair businesses will jump in.
Presumably the local ones who are just around the corner and already repair your smartphone for half the price.
2017-3-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

While not wanting to appear as an a**hole , my opinion is it's a failure not to realise just how big Mavic would become, the sheer amount of new flyers with basic knowledge and coupled into that , the small niggly problems with firmware and now what seems to be a problem with blur on some cameras.

Most of these problems would have occurred with p4p but if you look over at that forum they don't seem to be having the same difficulties as here on Mavic forum, I suspect there are two reasons for this, one is more experienced flyer with more experience dealing with dji, and two not the same volume of sales for that product.

Failure to communicate to those who have genuine problems, and failure to meet a need to know where your Mavic is at all times after sending it in for repair.

Wanting to know where your Mavic is at every stage of the process of repairing it is one thing that amazes me, what I need to know is when it's being picked up and when it's being delivered back,

I don't have any need to know someone named Fred has opened my box counted my items and given to Karl to put on shelf 1 , the next day Mary takes it down and puts it on shelf 2 and so on, but when you start to read posts on this forum they all start with the same thing.
I sent my Mavic of on the 9th march it was received on the 11th march, but dji hasn't booked it in for four days I have sent numerous emails to dji been on the phone and waited on chat for two hours, all of this is a complete waste of dji's time and the customers time.
But that is the world we live in now and it's a worrying place to be , most of this nonsensical need to know exactly what's happening just causes people to panic and think well if he's wanting to know where everything is at every minute of the day then I need to know the same, and you end up with the domino effect we see on this forum.
People today live their lives at 100mph and the minute one little thing goes wrong they are tearing they're hair out and blood needs to be spilt because my Mavic is one week late.

I understand in your case you have excessive problems and I'm denigrating them. But there was a recent poll here about waiting times for repairs it didn't stay around long , so what can we take from that, well one maybe there are not as many people on here with repair problems maybe ? Two on that poll the largest group where those waiting 2/3 weeks by some margin, what can this tell us well 2/3 weeks is the average or the norm.

But getting back to your other points, yes CS is not near up to scratch, obviously repair facilities are coming under pressure and what was in my experience a two week turnaround is now creeping up to three weeks, and I hope dji will put this as a priority and try to improve the way the handle and apply customer service.

One thing we must always remember is this is a forum where dji's customers many of which only come to air their grievances regarding serious problems but also very minor ones, so there is a slight exaggerated feel of what is really going on..
2017-3-26
Use props
Mcdudeflut
lvl.4
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-26 01:37
While not wanting to appear as an a**hole , my opinion is it's a failure not to realise just how big Mavic would become, the sheer amount of new flyers with basic knowledge and coupled into that , the small niggly problems with firmware and now what seems to be a problem with blur on some cameras.

Most of these problems would have occurred with p4p but if you look over at that forum they don't seem to be having the same difficulties as here on Mavic forum, I suspect there are two reasons for this, one is more experienced flyer with more experience dealing with dji, and two not the same volume of sales for that product.

Thanks for your post.
And i agree with you, the number of satisfied customers versus unsatisfied is probably far larger.
I am just amazed about the number of posts which appear in the Mavic forum about status requests.
If i was DJI i would delete the number of days in the online status repair or give actual working day numbers. That way the forum would be less flooded with status requests.  

PS I am totally ok with DJI's return/swap time.
2017-3-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mcdudeflut Posted at 2017-3-26 02:05
Thanks for your post.
And i agree with you, the number of satisfied customers versus unsatisfied is probably far larger.
I am just amazed about the number of posts which appear in the Mavic forum about status requests.

Yes communication or the lack of it seems to be a big failing by dji (excluding mods on here) I tend to take a very pragmatic view on this sort of stuff, but I do realise not all people do the same..
2017-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules