Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unable to turn on - RED LIGHT fast blinking
16027 13 2017-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LukasBlecha
lvl.2
Flight distance : 577543 ft
Czechia

I am unable to turn on my Osmo. Having 2 batteries (each charged only 20 times). Today I bought the new high capacity DJI battery. Same problem. What can cause this issue and how to fix this? Please check the video.

2017-3-25
Use props
LukasBlecha
lvl.2
Flight distance : 577543 ft
Czechia

Any idea guys?
2017-3-26
Use props
Salty777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117077 ft
United Kingdom

Not really, just bumping your post!

As you've noted, the fast red is critically low battery. If you've tried new, fully charged battery then that's odd. It's not something simple like a poor connection (gunk on battery or housing contacts) I suppose??
2017-3-27
Use props
chainmon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3268566 ft
  • >>>
United States

hmmmm, are you able to hit the record video button and it works? OR take a picture? From your video it appears to shut itself down as expected with the low battery indicator.

Could there but dust or dirt where the battery connections touch the camera/battery? Have you tried taking a flash light and look inside for issues?
2017-3-28
Use props
CB1911
New
United States

Mine did the exact same thing when I unboxed it. It wouldn't work with the factory DJI batteries but WOULD work with the aftermarket one. After playing with it some, I found that I wasn't getting the DJI battery seated all the way. It works perfectly now, I just have to push extra hard to make sure the DJI battery goes all the way in. Hope that helps.
2017-3-29
Use props
LeSlater
New
France

OK, a new step for this issue.
Actually i tried to push extra hard to make sur the DJI batteries go all the way in. Now it works for 1 of the 3 batteries i have. And suprise it's not the DJI official one, but the 2 official DJI don't work. I tested the battery with a voltmeter, the 3 are at full charge (12.5V) so it's not critically low as the LED says.

Then what's wrong with this batteries ? And how to totally resolve that ?
2017-3-31
Use props
nwhit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 374 ft
United States

I recently had the same issue after not using my Osmo for a couple months. Finally figured out I had to "pop" or "snap" the batteries into the holder to get them to work. Now that I do that, they all work. Sometimes takes 2 or 3 hits to get them to work, so must be a contact issue.
2017-4-7
Use props
Bedezz
New

Singapore

Having the same issue, the Osmo+ Battery that came with it works but Intelligent Battery i just bought appeared red solid in the system indication.
2017-4-8
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Did you find out what was wrong with yours yet?
2017-4-9
Use props
higor_matheus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 829265 ft

I have exactly the same problem.
After 2 months using without problem, suddenly my 2 batteries are presenting the same problem.
2018-4-27
Use props
higor_matheus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 829265 ft

Updating...
I just tried to push the battery using my finger and it worked!
I've opened the holder, inserted the battery and pressed it using my finger...then turned ON.
After some seconds I left the finger and it kept working fine.
Thanks for advices, guys!!!
2018-4-27
Use props
David Proulx
New

Canada

Simply use an eraser at the end of a pen a clean the connectors inside the handle and at the top of the battery. It will fix your problem.
2018-12-12
Use props
EYE Fotografie
New

Netherlands

David Proulx Posted at 2018-12-12 14:10
Simply use an eraser at the end of a pen a clean the connectors inside the handle and at the top of the battery. It will fix your problem.

Same problem here, used it for a few months (bought it second hand) and bought 2 new batteries (DJI)
now it suddenly stopped working, red led bliks fast an then it powers off. I think there is a serious problem and it should be fixed under warranty is many people experience the same issue. DJI please respond and find a solution.

Cleaning did't do the trick for me, neither does extra pressure on the battery. I think this is a  hardware or software issue. The smart batteries do not seem to be smart enough.
2020-12-18
Use props
EYE Fotografie
New

Netherlands

Same problem here, used it for a few months (bought it second hand) and bought 2 new batteries (DJI)
now it suddenly stopped working, red led blinks fast and then it powers off. I think there is a serious problem and it should be fixed under warranty as many people experience the same issue. DJI please respond and find a solution.

Cleaning did't do the trick for me, neither does extra pressure on the battery. I think this is a hardware or software issue. The smart batteries do not seem to be smart enough.

2020-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules