Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo wireless question
630 5 2017-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chainmon
Captain
Flight distance : 2624892 ft
  • >>>
United States

Question,

How does the sync to the camera to the smartphone work?

I am traveling in a few weeks and will be out of the country. How does the sync work? Will I be charged roaming charges when I sync my osmo to my phone?

2017-3-25
Use props
chainmon
Captain
  • >>>
United States

My question must not have been worded to be understood very well so let me try again.

When I am out of the country I absorb roaming charges. They are very expensive on my cell plan. When using the osmo and my smart phone does it use up data when connecting the 2? OR can I turn on airplane mode and expect everything to work?
2017-3-27
Use props
breezeway95
lvl.4
Flight distance : 826854 ft
Canada

chainmon Posted at 2017-3-27 04:42
My question must not have been worded to be understood very well so let me try again.

When I am out of the country I absorb roaming charges. They are very expensive on my cell plan. When using the osmo and my smart phone does it use up data when connecting the 2? OR can I turn on airplane mode and expect everything to work?

Turn on airplane mode, then go to your settings and enable wi-fi mode. That way you won't be using any roaming data.
2017-3-27
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

The connection between osmo and your smart is via wireless mode. It does not consume any mobile data at all. My experience with Android 7 is that I even have to disable mobile data before DJI Go app can be connected to the phone.
2017-3-27
Use props
chainmon
Captain
  • >>>
United States

breezeway95 Posted at 2017-3-27 08:57
Turn on airplane mode, then go to your settings and enable wi-fi mode. That way you won't be using any roaming data.

Breezeway,
thank you
2017-3-28
Use props
chainmon
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-3-27 13:45
The connection between osmo and your smart is via wireless mode. It does not consume any mobile data at all. My experience with Android 7 is that I even have to disable mobile data before DJI Go app can be connected to the phone.

DTK
thank you for the info...I have the Samsung note 4 and never have had a problem connecting.
2017-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules