Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
trouble shooting issues
2864 16 2014-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
don
lvl.1

United States

Quad flips over on take off perhaps because (using assistant soft wear) I found that channel motor T reads 6, other channel motor reads A, E, R all show 0.  Tried re calibrating sticks but on flight take off craft flips over.
Any help? Thanks, Don

2014-10-9
Use props
ElGuano
lvl.1

United States

Did you recalibrate your TX using the RC Assistant first, before doing so in P2 Assistant?

Are you taking off very slowly and gingerly? Or giving it a bit of a punch so it pops into the air? The latter is actually better on takeoff, because the IMU can be confused about the actual stability if the Phantom is touching the ground.

Also, I assume you're using the stock DJI self-tightening props so there's no chance you have the props mounted wrong on the motors?
2014-10-9
Use props
don
lvl.1

United States

Very HELPFUL. Will try your advice.
2014-10-9
Use props
don
lvl.1

United States

Hello Friends, Tried and tried to use RC (and Phat2) assist soft wear to calibrate sticks in mode 2.  but quad flips violently backward upon take off. Note U is -1,000, X1 is -3, 2 is -1000 and I see no way to calibrate and have no understanding about this issue. Gyro mode is 01 to 05, Compass mode is 1425. IMU calibration says no need. Did do advanced and clicked "yes" when it said "temp to high to calibrate" but I did not believe and did the calibration. What to do? Am persistent and willing to learn but don't know much. Any help is appreciated. Yes, I do have the Phantom 2 Vision + and props are on correctly. Thanks, Don
2014-10-12
Use props
don
lvl.1

United States

ElGuano Posted at 2014-10-9 22:45
Did you recalibrate your TX using the RC Assistant first, before doing so in P2 Assistant?

Are you ...

Hello My Friend,  ElGuano! Tried and tried to use RC (and Phat2) assist soft wear to calibrate sticks in mode 2.  but quad flips violently backward upon take off. Note U is -1,000, X1 is -3, 2 is -1000 and I see no way to calibrate and have no understanding about this issue. Gyro mode is 01 to 05, Compass mode is 1425. IMU calibration says no need. Did do advanced and clicked "yes" when it said "temp to high to calibrate" but I did not believe and did the calibration. What to do? Am persistent and willing to learn but don't know much. Any help is appreciated. Yes, I do have the Phantom 2 Vision + and props are on correctly. Thanks, Don
2014-10-13
Use props
insitb
lvl.4

Singapore

Looks like you may have an issue with the quad itself. Try this: Hold the copter in both hands, away from the props (Keep the props away from you!) . Then ask a friend to engage the engines and throttle up a bit.

While holding the copter, feel for the props' pull by moving down the corners of the copter 1 by 1. Do the props pull equally when you press down on each individual arm? I suspect there will be one arm that's not the same as the others. Listen for the prop sound, as the gyros kick in. The sound and pull of the props should be more or less the same for each prop. If not, then you've likely got either a motor issue or an ESC issue.

You can also do the above with all props removed. The sound of the motors will then be your clue, rather than the props' whirring sound.

Return all readings in the Assistants to default to get back to factory settings.
2014-10-13
Use props
thegenius
lvl.1
United States

don@rainforests Posted at 2014-10-9 23:34
Very HELPFUL. Will try your advice.

im tryna post but its not working. lol. what am i doing worng
2014-10-13
Use props
don
lvl.1

United States

Tried all. Something wrong with quad. Could I have the wire to the MC connected to the wrong prongs...middle left? Any further thots before I send it to some one who can repair this...hope some one can give me more thots....kind regards, Don
2014-10-13
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Don, you did not say in your opening statement that you had the phantom apart.
Have you changed the motors ? If you have them in the wrong place that will cause an instant tip-over.
We need more details of what you have done, saying that you could have the wire to the MC wrong is worrying...
2014-10-13
Use props
insitb
lvl.4

Singapore

Speaking of topsy-turvy, did you perhaps inadvertently switch mode? Make sure that your throttle/yaw is on your TX left and pitch/roll is on your TX right.
2014-10-13
Use props
DJI-JS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48940 ft
  • >>>
China

On each arm of the motor, there is a sign showing how the motor should spin, it is located very close to the motor. Remove the prop, and stick some paper sticky post to the motor, turn it on and make sure each motor are spinning the right direction. Your issue sounds like motors are spinning in wrong direction.
2014-10-13
Use props
don
lvl.1

United States

Appreciate HELP! I did open fuselage/case and did remover 4 wire connection to MC. When I am facing the front/nose WHERE/What 4 prongs do I reconnect to? There are 8 positions M1,M2,M3,M4, M5,M6, Fi,F2, top tier, middle tier, bottom tier. I THINK the reconnection is to the M1,M2,M3,M4 mid or bottom 4 prong tier? Anyone KNOW? Thanks much. Kind regards, Don
2014-10-14
Use props
T J Gilbert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

Like johnwarr said, you never said that you'd been inside the Phantom shell changing wire positions!
How can we help you when you withhold important information like that?
The 4 wire ESC wire is plugged into the M1, M2, M3, M4 connections at the bottom tier (~) signal connection.
Please note the wire color orientation.
See the attached photos...
NazaM.png
P2 inside.jpg
2014-10-14
Use props
don
lvl.1

United States

My Thanks for confirming wire position. My APOLOGIES for not saying I re installed a new gimbal wire harness and disconnected the MC wire to do so...in an earlier thread I idid explain. All support and help is Appreciated. Am reconnecting correctly and HOPE to fly again. Learning and being persistent. Kind regards, Don
2014-10-14
Use props
T J Gilbert
Second Officer
United States

Please be very careful about the 4 wire ESC wire connection.
Upper Tier = negative (-) (ground)
Middle Tier = positive (+) (energized, power, HOT!)
Lower Tier = signal (~) (control pulses to ESC)

If you accidentally connect to the Middle Tier, and connect to your battery, bad things could happen!
I actually don't know what applying power to the signal wire will do, but it's probably not good...
2014-10-14
Use props
T J Gilbert
Second Officer
United States

don@rainforests Posted at 2014-10-14 22:20
My Thanks for confirming wire position. My APOLOGIES for not saying I re installed a new gimbal wire ...

Don,
When you post one place and give details...
And then you post somewhere else (out of context), we can't always follow your train of thought.
It's best to at least refer us to previous posts on other threads, so that we can follow you.

That being said, there's no need to apologize.
Posters do what you did all the time.
But it really helps when you help us help you!

Continue to ask questions, and we'll try to help...
2014-10-14
Use props
don
lvl.1

United States

T J Gilbert Posted at 2014-10-14 22:45
Don,
When you post one place and give details...
And then you post somewhere else (out of context) ...

DID correctly re connect ESC to MC
Calibrated controls in RC and then PT2s using, mode 2 (elevate/descend is left up/down control).
Quad went up when I moved the left control up but elevated rapidly straight up and I had NO control to descend. Turned off TX and quad rth. Appreciate any help. Thanks, Don
2014-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules