Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Blurry Right Side & Troubles Focusing
2264 24 2017-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VoxUltrasonic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328602 ft
Canada

I recently received a warranty replacement Mavic. It was a long story, but basically it had some issues that resulted in a crash in December, and I received the replacement in February two days before my vacation.

On vacation I noticed there were a bunch of times when the Mavic was unable to properly lock into focus - it would take several attempts before suceeding in producing a sharp image. Upon arrival back home, I checked all my footage to find that the clips and photos are blurry on the right side of the frame, even if the rest was in focus.

I've attached a photo and a still frame from a video clip to illustrate the issue.
I also have original DNGs and video samples (DJI_0089.MOV shows the issues locking onto focus) in my dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gtl65 ... DS-Us-j0qr4P_a?dl=0

It looks like I might have to send it in again for more warranty service. I hope I can get this resolved before the weather starts getting nice again in my area!

sharp-blurry.jpg
blurrymavic.jpg
2017-3-25
Use props
Zackyoung
lvl.1
Flight distance : 760801 ft
United States

I had the same lens blur issue and sent it in for warranty repair.  When I finally got it back I also went on vacation and upon coming home saw many of my images once again had blur on the sides of the frames.
Instead of giving me a priority repair for giving me a broken unit just like the first one I've just been sitting in the slow repair line a second time.  Maybe after dealing with months of waiting for repairs I'll actually get a functioning product one day.
2017-3-25
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

My mavic photos and videos looked almost exactly the same. I just sent mine in last week for warranty repair. Hopefully I get a better unit.
2017-3-25
Use props
nightwalker
New

Vietnam

I have just got my Mavic from amazon, camera defected, very disappointed.
what should I do now?

2017-3-25
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

nightwalker Posted at 2017-3-25 21:38
what should I do now?
[view_image]

Tap on the screen to focus, if you have not done so yet.

If it always look like this, you really need to send it back to the seller, or send in to DJI for a repair.
2017-3-25
Use props
nightwalker
New

Vietnam

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-3-25 23:06
Tap on the screen to focus, if you have not done so yet.

If it always look like this, you really need to send it back to the seller, or send in to DJI for a repair.

yes, it always likes this. I have tried to upgrade to the newest firmware, downgrade, caliber camera...

My difficulty now is can not ship back to the US for return.
2017-3-25
Use props
mildim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 981558 ft
Switzerland

mmee Posted at 2017-3-25 15:07
My mavic photos and videos looked almost exactly the same. I just sent mine in last week for warranty repair. Hopefully I get a better unit. Check out my video which you will see a lot of blurring on the right side.

Have the exact same problem , was the process of the repair easy ?
2017-3-26
Use props
mildim
lvl.2
Switzerland

Hi VoxUltrasonic , did you hear back from DJI support ?
2017-3-27
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

They ALL have this issue if you look close enough, some are just worse then others, and some are on left and some are on right.  Especially easy to see on a 4k monitor, I've returned my first one only to get a replacement with the opposite side effected.  I'm really sad about this as its quite irritating now, that is all I see on everyone's footage on YouTube, wish I never noticed it in the first place I would probably be better off.
2017-3-27
Use props
mildim
lvl.2
Switzerland

Acidsnow Posted at 2017-3-27 04:58
They ALL have this issue if you look close enough, some are just worse then others, and some are on left and some are on right.  Especially easy to see on a 4k monitor, I've returned my first one only to get a replacement with the opposite side effected.  I'm really sad about this as its quite irritating now, that is all I see on everyone's footage on YouTube, wish I never noticed it in the first place I would probably be better off.

It is sad yes , it is so much fun to fly this bird !

When did you get your mavic if i may ask ?
2017-3-27
Use props
SkySailorMan
First Officer
Flight distance : 2170768 ft
United States

nightwalker Posted at 2017-3-25 21:38
what should I do now?
[view_image]

May be a silly question, but you didn't shoot that pic through the clear plastic gimbal cover, did you?
2017-3-27
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

mildim Posted at 2017-3-27 05:48
It is sad yes , it is so much fun to fly this bird !

When did you get your mavic if i may ask ?

got my replacement last week - and it was manufactured early March 2017
2017-3-27
Use props
mildim
lvl.2
Switzerland

Acidsnow Posted at 2017-3-27 06:07
got my replacement last week - and it was manufactured early March 2017

Thanks for the reply.

I am facing the same issue but after reading all these threads i am hesitating to send the bird back.
2017-3-27
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

mildim Posted at 2017-3-27 06:10
Thanks for the reply.

I am facing the same issue but after reading all these threads i am hesitating to send the bird back.

If it's bad enough to bother you (and considering how expensive it is it should) then send it back. Some of the units are 100% perfect so if you don't need it for awhile just deal with the replacement processes a few times before until you get a perfect unit. Takes about 2 - 3 weeks each time.
2017-3-27
Use props
mildim
lvl.2
Switzerland

geofox784 Posted at 2017-3-27 06:27
If it's bad enough to bother you (and considering how expensive it is it should) then send it back. Some of the units are 100% perfect so if you don't need it for awhile just deal with the replacement processes a few times before until you get a perfect unit. Takes about 2 - 3 weeks each time.

Will do Thanks geofox.
2017-3-27
Use props
VoxUltrasonic
lvl.3
Canada

mildim Posted at 2017-3-27 04:21
Hi VoxUltrasonic , did you hear back from DJI support ?

Nope. I'll have to contact them directly. I was hoping that the forums would be helpful during off-hours
2017-3-27
Use props
VoxUltrasonic
lvl.3
Canada

Update: I got an RMA for the repair yesterday. Unfortunately it will be a repair rather than a replacement due to me missing the 2-week replacement window (because I was on Vacation in another continent)
2017-3-28
Use props
mildim
lvl.2
Switzerland

VoxUltrasonic Posted at 2017-3-28 07:52
Update: I got an RMA for the repair yesterday. Unfortunately it will be a repair rather than a replacement due to me missing the 2-week replacement window (because I was on Vacation in another continent)

Maybe this is a beter option.

As far as i have read many people rceived a brand ne bird and it has the same problem.
2017-3-28
Use props
VoxUltrasonic
lvl.3
Canada

mildim Posted at 2017-3-28 12:18
Maybe this is a beter option.

As far as i have read many people rceived a brand ne bird and it has the same problem.

Good point. Hopefully the wait isn't as bad either. The first time I sent the Mavic in for a warranty swap, it took over a month.
2017-3-29
Use props
mildim
lvl.2
Switzerland

VoxUltrasonic Posted at 2017-3-29 07:35
Good point. Hopefully the wait isn't as bad either. The first time I sent the Mavic in for a warranty swap, it took over a month.

Oh t is the second time you send it back ?
2017-3-29
Use props
VoxUltrasonic
lvl.3
Canada

mildim Posted at 2017-3-29 12:18
Oh t is the second time you send it back ?

Yes..
2017-4-1
Use props
stephen33
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90515 ft
Canada

Same problem. I sent mine back in February and just received a replacement 2 months later. The new one is exactly the same.
2017-4-1
Use props
mildim
lvl.2
Switzerland

stephen33 Posted at 2017-4-1 11:21
Same problem. I sent mine back in February and just received a replacement 2 months later. The new one is exactly the same.

I think it will take some time untill they are able to send a 100% correct bird back.
2017-4-1
Use props
VoxUltrasonic
lvl.3
Canada

My Mavic arrived at the DJI facility on Tuesday. No updates on the tracker so far. Hope this doesn't go down like last time.
2017-4-6
Use props
mildim
lvl.2
Switzerland

VoxUltrasonic Posted at 2017-4-6 08:38
My Mavic arrived at the DJI facility on Tuesday. No updates on the tracker so far. Hope this doesn't go down like last time.

Did you get the replacement ?

Please let us know if the new one has the same issue.
2017-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules