Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flight to the Fort
1243 31 2017-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

This mission could have been called "Far, Far Away!"  The Phantom 4 "Night Fury" catches the sunrise on a 55,101' (10.436 mile) early morning Litchi mission.  The bird launches from Fort Armistead, passes Fort Carroll, Sparrow's Point, then fles over Fort Howard before turning towards home.  The aircraft is a stock "Special Edition" P4 with a high-capacity battery.  She returned with 19% remaining.  I had full contact until about half way between Sparrow's Point & Fort Howard where my altitude dropped to only 26'  I am amazed signal was regained 5.25 miles away as she flew over Fort Howard!  Aircraft & RC are stock but I did have a WindSurfer on the remote.  This is a "real time" mission...the actual flight was nearly 22 minutes...so pucker up, grab an adult beverage, enjoy the music, & imagine your bird way, way out there!  

2017-3-25
Use props
TheWindowSeat
lvl.1

United States

thats some smooth flying! nice video
2017-3-25
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Dirty Bird,

Please look at my earlier suggestion from the other thread.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-89922-1-1.html

Nice video!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-26
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-26 01:45
Aloha Dirty Bird,

Please look at my earlier suggestion from the other thread.

Thank you.  I replied over in the other thread.  Dude you have to get up near the volcanoes & catch the lava flows at dusk or night.  I'd be all over that if I was in Hawaii!   
2017-3-26
Use props
Augustus Brian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

Dirty Bird:

Really like your real time flights, adventures in distance. Great concept. Also like that you include the Litchi flight plan at the end.

But, you must replace the picture of the quad with a picture of the quad out of drydock, that is, with props and without gimbal cap. The bird must look ready to rumble, not at ease, ready for bed.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-3-26
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Augustus Brian Posted at 2017-3-26 07:53
Dirty Bird:

Really like your real time flights, adventures in distance. Great concept. Also like that you include the Litchi flight plan at the end.

Thank you.  How's this?
Night Fury & P4P 5.jpg
Night Fury & P4P 3.jpg
Night Fury & P4P 2.jpg
2017-3-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Another awesome video,  I like it. ;-)

The music certainly keeps the viewer glued to the screen. Haha

Thanks for a look...

RedHotPoker
2017-3-26
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-3-26 10:19
Another awesome video,  I like it. ;-)

The music certainly keeps the viewer glued to the screen. Haha

Thanks. There's even a Reader's Digest edition!  

2017-3-26
Use props
ufoseeker1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397 ft
Australia

"Follow The Leader" still the best, edge of your seat with music to increase the senses,,,, and this is another excellent video with great music.

I really must check out Litchi, just worried that if problems crop up DJI will not want to help.  
2017-3-26
Use props
CoV
New
Flight distance : 5203 ft
United States

Great video, I'm not sure I'd be that courageous to venture that far out yet, haha.
2017-3-26
Use props
Augustus Brian
Second Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-3-26 08:05
Thank you.  How's this?

Dirty Bird:

Thanks. Those are some fine birds you have. Like the landing pad too.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-3-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-3-26 14:49
Thanks. There's even a Reader's Digest edition!  

https://youtu.be/WJHGiWKBQP0

Yes, that's pretty awesome.
Lovely relaxing music to sail the sky with.... ;-)

Thanks for the share....

RedHotPoker
2017-3-26
Use props
paukstis91
lvl.1
Lithuania

Nice! Incredible how far your bird traveled. Yesterday I flew away about 1km from homepoint and I was pretty timid about it. Maybe day by day I will fly more and more
2017-3-27
Use props
Glimmerman
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-3-27
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Augustus Brian Posted at 2017-3-26 07:53
Dirty Bird:

Aloha Augustus,

Keep Smiling!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-27
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-3-26 05:40
Thank you.  I replied over in the other thread.  Dude you have to get up near the volcanoes & catch the lava flows at dusk or night.  I'd be all over that if I was in Hawaii!

Aloha Dirty Bird,

Wrong island.  Very expensive over there!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-27
Use props
Augustus Brian
Second Officer
United States

Glimmerman Posted at 2017-3-27 03:55
Am I the only one who thinks this is incredibly boring and the scenery isn't exactly great either?  Not to mention that there  is very little skill involved in this?
I guess if the objective is to go to sleep,  this assists one in doing so.

Glimmerman:

I'll  take your bait:

Not everyone likes Woody Allen movies, or ferris wheel rides, or hot dogs with relish, or Innagadadavida's 6 minute drum solo, or, well you get the picture. I hope you can find someone, somewhere, so you won't  seem, to you, to be the only one who thinks Dirty Bird's flights are what you describe.

My rhetorical question to you is: Why are you searching for an accomplice?

I like vanilla ice cream with catsup...or is it ketchup...

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-3-27
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-27 04:14
Aloha Dirty Bird,

Wrong island.  Very expensive over there!

But so worth is to spend an evening or two to get some lava shots!  Guess it would cost a fortune in fuel to take the boat over?  Not sure of the distance for your location to the lava flows?

2017-3-27
Use props
DaGunn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 203117 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing.
2017-3-27
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-3-27 15:18
But so worth is to spend an evening or two to get some lava shots!  Guess it would cost a fortune in fuel to take the boat over?  Not sure of the distance for your location to the lava flows?

Aloha Dirty Bird,

The land area is a Federal Park that has outlawed drone.  Water access is a possibility but expensive as you note unless you already have a boat.

The lava shelves regularly drop off into the ocean causing mini tsunamis, so there is a stand-off zone.  Somebody recently got busted getting too close.  That side of the Big Island is also known for its rough seas.  But, when it is smooth, it is beautiful.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Augustus Brian Posted at 2017-3-27 05:05
Glimmerman:

I'll  take your bait:

Peanut butter and mayonnaise is a delightful taste experience. ;-)

Yes, his flights are interesting and fun to watch, aside from what one viewers comments may be. Haha

RedHotPoker
2017-3-27
Use props
Augustus Brian
Second Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-3-27 16:44
Peanut butter and mayonnaise is a delightful taste experience. ;-)

Yes, his flights are interesting and fun to watch, aside from what one viewers comments may be. Haha

RedHotPoker:

Not to mention the fact that there is considerable skill involved. Follow The Leader, in particular, required a good deal of pre-planning, learning and knowing the quads behaviors, weather conditions, waypoint considerations, software quirks, timing concerns, sweat and worry. Respect for this cross-country genre of quad flight is warranted.

I do have a problem with the character references of a few of the stunt drones, but that's my problem ( I'd  like to bring the lot of them in for "questioning.", especially Phillyss)....Can I interrogate them, Mr. Bird?

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-3-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Augustus Brian Posted at 2017-3-27 17:49
RedHotPoker:

Not to mention the fact that there is considerable skill involved. Follow The Leader, in particular, required a good deal of pre-planning, learning and knowing the quads behaviors, weather conditions, waypoint considerations, software quirks, timing concerns, sweat and worry. Respect for this cross-country genre of quad flight is warranted.

Yeah, some folks are just jealous, to see other pilots enjoying their drones to the very fullest.
But that's why some folks put the money into this hobby, & they get the most out of it, that they can.

We are fortunate and lucky to have this advantage....

RedHotPoker
2017-3-27
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-3-27 15:18

Aloha Dirty Bird,

Talk about coincidence, this was on the news recently!

http://khon2.com/2017/03/28/coas ... -kilauea-lava-flow/

You would think someone would be making flights for the customers.  Did you see those colors!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-29
Use props
#shotxclvck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3423297 ft
United States

# epicjourney
2017-3-29
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-29 01:48
Aloha Dirty Bird,

Talk about coincidence, this was on the news recently!

Seems they are really making people stay too far away.

2017-3-31
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Thank you.  It was a long flight for sure!  

2017-3-31
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Augustus Brian Posted at 2017-3-27 05:05
Glimmerman:

I'll  take your bait:

Alas it would appear he twas but the faintest glimmer of a man.  Almost...
2017-4-26
Use props
sky wombat
Captain
Flight distance : 1444049 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DirtyBird good to see you pushing the envelope yet again. Does DJI produce drone floaties? And you're up at 0700 hangover free and flying straight good one.
2017-4-28
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-3-27 19:44
Yeah, some folks are just jealous, to see other pilots enjoying their drones to the very fullest.
But that's why some folks put the money into this hobby, & they get the most out of it, that they can.

Yeah I had to delete some comments about my video's claiming I was going to kill someone flying my drones where I do at altitude and that I would spend the rest of my life in jail for flying illegally.

However Dirty Bird has done it again to me.  He comes alone with these awesome videos that just kill me.  Can't help but watch the full video and I don't skip anything.  One day I must learn to do way point flights.
But for now my mist covered mountains are safe from pre planned 10 mile missions lol.
2017-4-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-4-29 01:25
Yeah I had to delete some comments about my video's claiming I was going to kill someone flying my drones where I do at altitude and that I would spend the rest of my life in jail for flying illegally.

However Dirty Bird has done it again to me.  He comes alone with these awesome videos that just kill me.  Can't help but watch the full video and I don't skip anything.  One day I must learn to do way point flights.

Rubbing thee Chrystal Ball.... Trance is on. I see Litchi app in your immediate future. Hahaha
And also a shiny new Phantom 4 Pro too. ;-)

It's the most fun when you lose sight of your drone and must use the device screen and your wits to commandeer...

RedHotPoker
2017-4-29
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

sky wombat Posted at 2017-4-28 22:52
DirtyBird good to see you pushing the envelope yet again. Does DJI produce drone floaties? And you're up at 0700 hangover free and flying straight good one.

Thanks.  DJI doesn't make floats but the added weight & drag would likely push this mission beyond possible without a battery mod.
2017-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules