hi i kept getting this warning today
what does it mean and what settings should i have it set to in the dji go4 app
thanks

2017-3-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It means the storage space in your phone or tablet is full. You need to free up memory space for the app to cache the video and flight logs. You can do this manually or change your settings in the Go App to salvage the space automatically.
2017-3-25
Use props
josh crow
lvl.2
United Kingdom

thanks
for the reply
2017-3-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

You are welcome, I hope you solve the problem.
2017-3-25
Use props
Tigomello
New
Belgium

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-25 16:07
It means the storage space in your phone or tablet is full. You need to free up memory space for the app to cache the video and flight logs. You can do this manually or change your settings in the Go App to salvage the space automatically.

I tried to find tô do that on DJI GO 4 but I didn't find how to do that, could you help?
2017-4-1
Use props
meedz24
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1916 ft
United States

In the app, click on the "Me" tab --> Settings --> Clear Cache --> then select photo and video caches to clear.
2017-4-1
Use props
kaisweep
New
Netherlands

Hello,

Does it really matter that your cache space is full? What does the cache space do?
Its stored on your sd card anyway.

Thanks for the effort.
2017-5-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

kaisweep Posted at 2017-5-21 11:07
Hello,

Does it really matter that your cache space is full? What does the cache space do?

The cached version of the video is a low resolution version of the actual video footage that is recorded on the SD card in the aircraft. It is not much use unless you want a poor quality low resolution copy of the material at 720p and possible containing glitches from the transmission process. I have the function switched off in my system because it is no use to me.
2017-5-21
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

I leave my cache turn on to record just in case I crash or lose the drone for some reason.  If you can't retrieve the SD card, then you can look at the device cached version.  You are correct about it not being the best quality.  But it may just help in locating a lost drone.
2017-5-21
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

A Mavic pilot here...

I have been getting this same error yesterday during the flight, and video recording refused to start during two of the flights (after pressing the left video record button on RC, the remote would beep, the app would display the massage and not start recording).

I haven't checked the SD card to see if the videos are there, but they are missing from the app.

Checked General-About information on my iPhone, and it said that I have 38GB free space, so that should not be a problem. Or is the cache size dictated by the app and not the general available space on the device?

On a flight right after the "cache full" flight the warning disappeared and I managed to record video footage. So, the questions are:

- Would cache full really prevent you from recording a flight? At least to SD?
- Does the app clear the cache automatically?

Btw, the cached video has one use - it records the audio through the app mic, so you have the ground control chatter. Can be useful if you record some footage and comment. That audio track can later be used with the mute video from SD.
2017-7-21
Use props
fansbe948475
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1564911 ft
Germany

meedz24 Posted at 2017-4-1 10:16
In the app, click on the "Me" tab --> Settings --> Clear Cache --> then select photo and video caches to clear.

Thank you
2017-8-10
Use props
aaronalden
New

Italy

BumblerBee Posted at 2017-7-21 00:10
A Mavic pilot here...

I have been getting this same error yesterday during the flight, and video recording refused to start during two of the flights (after pressing the left video record button on RC, the remote would beep, the app would display the massage and not start recording).

Same issue here on phantom 4 pro. I hiked 6 hours in the dolomites and WOULD HAVE captured some EPIC shots but every time i looked down after making a great camera movement i noticed the P4P stopped recording. no explanation, no error except "cache full" WHY would the cache on my ipad being full stop the P4P recording to SD randomly on its own??
2017-9-4
Use props
Whu.lewis
New

United Kingdom

Does it still record though?
2017-9-10
Use props
Whu.lewis\
New

United Kingdom

Filed a wedding yesterday with this message does this mean I have ni footage?
2017-9-10
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Whu.lewis\@btin Posted at 2017-9-10 02:56
Filed a wedding yesterday with this message does this mean I have ni footage?

Anything you recorded should still be held in its original hi-res format on the SD card in the aircraft. If the cache memory in the display device was full and not set to automatically clear then the worst thing that can happen is that you won't have a recording of the streamed video (720 on your display device. But should be on SD card in aircraft (assuming it wasn't full).
2017-9-10
Use props
DIott3113
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1797516 ft
United States

It seems like the Maximum Video Cache setting in the DJI Go app has has not affect on the actual cache size.  I have the setting set to 2G however my cache has grown to almost 4G?  Am I misunderstanding what the max setting is supposed to do?
2017-10-1
Use props
JoeFriday
lvl.1
United States

I just got this 'cache full' warning and ignored the message.   I flew a test flight with the video recording.... and when I got back to my computer and loaded the video card, it showed I had 4 large mp4 files of close to 4 gig each.  I thought, "Whew... I guess it DID record after all!"

Uh... not exactly.  I copied the video files from the P4pro memory card to my desktop computer and tried to view them.... nothing at all.... even though the file size is almost 4 gb. I don't get this....
2018-5-27
Use props
FLYINHASS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21975 ft
Switzerland

Cleared, thanks meedz24 ("Me" tab --> Settings --> Clear Cache)... hi Josh ^^
2019-3-29
Use props
Ana MaEs
New

Bolivia

Buenas,
Me paso lo mismo hoy en un vuelo, cache lleno y mirando opciones le di a borrar cache de video y ahora han desaparecido todos los videos de mi telefono! Los he perdido? Se puede recuperar de alguna forma?
Gracias
2019-8-18
Use props
Tim Panasyuk
New

Geebax Posted at 2017-5-21 15:13
The cached version of the video is a low resolution version of the actual video footage that is recorded on the SD card in the aircraft. It is not much use unless you want a poor quality low resolution copy of the material at 720p and possible containing glitches from the transmission process. I have the function switched off in my system because it is no use to me.

Is it possible to recover the videos that i took back to 4k?
I recorded videos without Clearing cache and it is glitching and poor quality
2019-10-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain

Tim Panasyuk Posted at 10-13 09:05
Is it possible to recover the videos that i took back to 4k?
I recorded videos without Clearing cache and it is glitching and poor quality

Yes, if you had actually set up the aircraft to record in 4K, then those files should be on the SD card in the aircraft. Remove the card from the aicraft, plug it into a computer and copy the files off onto the computer.
2019-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules