Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I see vertical lines in the photos
12Next >
6528 55 2017-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Today is the first day that I turn on my I2. I have not been able to take off for lack of time yet.

I took some test photos and am observing vertical lines that change according to the chosen ISO. Above 3200 the lines disappear.

Does anyone know why?

Capturar200.JPG Capturar400.JPG Capturar800.JPG Capturar1600.JPG Capturar3200.JPG
2017-3-25
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

It's random. I still can not find a constancy.
2017-3-25
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

Today I finally managed to fly and it did not happen again. I think it must be some interference in my office. {:4_177:}
2017-3-27
Use props
rowanhs
Flight distance : 400925 ft
Australia

I've had this issue before after a crash on my Phantom 4. It ended up being the ribbon cable that went from the camera back into the drone. Obviously not the same camera/cable on the Inspire but thoughts you'd like to know. Hopefully nothing wrong with the camera though!

2017-3-27
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

This afternoon I did some more flights for tests and in some photos I see the vertical lines again.

There is a photo that I do not see and the next photo taken seconds later I see the lines.

The first time I noticed this I was using the SD that came along with the drone. I switched to what I used on Inspire 1 but it did not change anything.
Capturar01.JPG

Capturar02.JPG

Capturar03.JPG

Capturar04.JPG

2017-3-28
Use props
fans914171e5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 248668 ft
Egypt

does is happen in video as well ? i have the same problem disappeared after cleaning the metal contacts of bird and camera
2017-4-4
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

fans914171e5 Posted at 2017-4-4 23:54
does is happen in video as well ? i have the same problem disappeared after cleaning the metal contacts of bird and camera

Oh really? I'll try to do this. I would not want to be without the drone while the camera goes to California.

In the video I do not have this problem. Only in the photos.

How did you clean the contacts? Did you use any product? How he cleaned the drone contacts (they're too small).
2017-4-11
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean the camera and drone contacts? They are so small!
2017-4-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2017-4-13 07:11
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean the camera and drone contacts? They are so small!

A Q-tip would suffice. In addition, could you provide a few of the original files via Dropbox?
2017-4-13
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-13 15:50
A Q-tip would suffice. In addition, could you provide a few of the original files via Dropbox?

Original files

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7YzPO5rDklMZ2pFMFNXU3pYV1E

In these photos I did not touch the drone. I have been changing the ISO between one photo and another.
2017-4-14
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-13 15:50

Did you see the vertical lines? Do you think it could be a problem with the camera or the drone?
2017-4-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2017-4-17 14:04
Did you see the vertical lines? Do you think it could be a problem with the camera or the drone?

It could potentially be an issue with the camera itself, but I would try the following as well before sending the unit in for service. Try switching it out the lens (if available) to see if that's the root cause. Try using the DNG cleaner to see if it alleviates the issue. Artifacts can happen in low light situations, but the lighting in the last few pictures seem like it should have been ok. If you just got it, you should be able to get an exchange through your dealer.
2017-4-18
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-18 14:32
It could potentially be an issue with the camera itself, but I would try the following as well before sending the unit in for service. Try switching it out the lens (if available) to see if that's the root cause. Try using the DNG cleaner to see if it alleviates the issue. Artifacts can happen in low light situations, but the lighting in the last few pictures seem like it should have been ok. If you just got it, you should be able to get an exchange through your dealer.

I did not quite understand. How do I do this: "switching it out the lens"?

And what is the DNG cleaner?
2017-4-20
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

In the images I posted up I used the lenses 15mm and 25mm. In both I see the artifacts.
2017-4-20
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

I found out what the DNG Cleaner is. I installed but the DNG cleaner says: "Error! The input DNG files are invalid!"
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2017-4-20 08:54
In the images I posted up I used the lenses 15mm and 25mm. In both I see the artifacts.

If that's the case, then it's an issue with the sensor itself. If you haven't already, I'd recommend looking into an exchange. If the dealer is for some reason unable to assist, then a DJI Service Center would be able to assist you.
2017-4-20
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-20 13:31
If that's the case, then it's an issue with the sensor itself. If you haven't already, I'd recommend looking into an exchange. If the dealer is for some reason unable to assist, then a DJI Service Center would be able to assist you.

The dealer is Drone Nerds from Miami. They recommended I send it to DJI.

It's a boring job since I'm in Brazil. I will have a high cost to send and I will waste a lot of time with it.
2017-4-21
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

I auditioned with my friend. I put my camera in his drone and the problem did not happen. I put his camera on my drone and the problem did not happen.

But with my camera on my drone I see the vertical lines.

Anyone have any idea what that might be? If it was a defect in the camera we would see the problem when testing on my friend's drone.
2017-6-5
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

Anyone have any idea what that might be?
2017-6-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2017-6-21 09:09

May I have the firmware version of your drone and camera? Is it the latest version?
2017-6-29
Use props
The Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22890 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2017-6-21 09:09

I noticed you started this thread in March 2017, so have you still not found a solution to this problem?

I seem to have the exact same problem all of a sudden on my I1.
2017-6-30
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-29 01:44
May I have the firmware version of your drone and camera? Is it the latest version?

I have the latest version available. Everything updated last week. There's still the same problem.

What would make my camera run smoothly on another drone and another camera run smoothly on my drone? Only problem happens if I use my set.
2017-7-3
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

The Pilot Posted at 2017-6-30 10:07
I noticed you started this thread in March 2017, so have you still not found a solution to this problem?

I seem to have the exact same problem all of a sudden on my I1.

I still have the problem. Can I see your picture? Is your drone new or has it been flying long enough?
2017-7-3
Use props
The Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22890 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Its bought in August 2015 but has worked perfectly up until now. And the DJI representative haven't answered anymore in my thread?

Some people have told me that it can be a sensor fault unfortunately. I wonder how much it costs to fix that at DJI?

See my thread for pictures:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-102166-1-1.html

2017-7-3
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

The Pilot Posted at 2017-7-3 15:20
Its bought in August 2015 but has worked perfectly up until now. And the DJI representative haven't answered anymore in my thread?

Some people have told me that it can be a sensor fault unfortunately. I wonder how much it costs to fix that at DJI?

From what I have seen in other forums may be a problem in the flat cable.

My factory came with this problem, but I still do not know how to solve it.
2017-7-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2017-7-3 16:26
From what I have seen in other forums may be a problem in the flat cable.

My factory came with this problem, but I still do not know how to solve it.

Our engineer is analyzing the pictures that  you uploaded, I will come back to you once I hear from them, your patience will be highly appreciated.
2017-7-6
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-6 00:40
Our engineer is analyzing the pictures that  you uploaded, I will come back to you once I hear from them, your patience will be highly appreciated.

DJI Mindy, please inform your engineer that I tested the camera on another drone and it did not give a problem (I used the same memory card). The only difference between the drones is that the other drone did not have the ProRes and CinemaDNG licenses.

I noticed that Burst mode pictures also do not have the problem.

It's important to know that I only have the problem if the photo is under-exposed (dark).
2017-7-6
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-6 00:40

I forgot to mention that another camera and my drone also gave no problem.
2017-7-6
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

https://www.dropbox.com/s/87w1ttnozbey4e5/DJI_0015.DNG?dl=0

Some photos I see the red dots but in others (the minority) they come out with a black strip in the footer.
2017-7-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2017-7-6 05:57

Some photos I see the red dots but in others (the minority) they come out with a black strip in the footer.

Thank you for your information, I will keep you updated, appreciate your patience.
2017-7-7
Use props
stinkedit
New

Germany

dient read the hole post but maybe this quick video is something every dji owner should know about:

2017-7-22
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

stinkedit Posted at 2017-7-22 00:07
dient read the hole post but maybe this quick video is something every dji owner should know about:

https://youtu.be/I02S1vyjJLc

Excellent realization. I believe that the problem of mine is also this, but in my case, even by moving the connector I could not cause or remove the fault.

Have you tried putting another camera on your drone or putting your camera on another drone?
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2017-7-6 05:57

Sorry for the late response. We have confirmed with R&D engineer, the drone will need to be sent in for hardware evaluation.
We apologize for the trouble caused, please contact our support to create a ticket: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-7-26
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-26 00:11
Sorry for the late response. We have confirmed with R&D engineer, the drone will need to be sent in for hardware evaluation.
We apologize for the trouble caused, please contact our support to create a ticket: http://www.dji.com/support

Thank you DJI Mindy! Can the engineer tell me if I need the whole drone or can I just send the camera?
2017-7-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2017-7-31 04:42
Thank you DJI Mindy! Can the engineer tell me if I need the whole drone or can I just send the camera?

We would suggest to send all drone including aircraft and camera for thorough evaluation to locate the problem.
2017-8-1
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

Besides the problem of the red lines now some (several) photos are completely ruined. In the footer of the photo sometimes a piece of the previous photo is saved.

I've tried other memory cards if they think it's the card.

There's no way, I'll have to send the Inspire from Brazil to the US, pay for freight (round trip), risk being stolen by the BR Post Office and still lose a lot of money without the drone here.

2017-10-6
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2017-10-6 07:08
Besides the problem of the red lines now some (several) photos are completely ruined. In the footer of the photo sometimes a piece of the previous photo is saved.

I've tried other memory cards if they think it's the card.

I've seen the same in the bottom photo of the red lines.  I get red and green at times, but I believe it is GO 4 on my old, and no longer made, iPad Air 2 causing it.  I plan to update to the faster iPad Pro A10X this year and see if it continues.

I have had zero luck with Samsung gear prior, fwiw, with video lag matters.  Some days it works, and other days they don't, or even connect to GO 4.

2017-10-6
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-10-6 09:06
I've seen the same in the bottom photo of the red lines.  I get red and green at times, but I believe it is GO 4 on my old, and no longer made, iPad Air 2 causing it.  I plan to update to the faster iPad Pro A10X this year and see if it continues.

I have had zero luck with Samsung gear prior, fwiw, with video lag matters.  Some days it works, and other days they don't, or even connect to GO 4.

In my case this is saved in the dng file! It's not a broadcast problem.
2017-10-6
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

Right now my I2 is on its way to DJI to solve this and other problems.

But as I had predicted, it is bureaucratic and slow! I sent it 30 days ago and still have not left Brazil.
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2017-11-16 08:39
Right now my I2 is on its way to DJI to solve this and other problems.

But as I had predicted, it is bureaucratic and slow! I sent it 30 days ago and still have not left Brazil.

Wow, this is a torture, I sympathize with your situation.
If you need any assistance during the repair process, please don't hesitate to let me know, but I cannot help with the shipping process, I'm so sorry.
2017-11-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules