Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Best ND Filters: Taco RC or Official Dji?
4112 26 2017-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yhadar
lvl.4
Israel

Hey guys,
Many people say that the best ND filters are the Taco RC ones. Is it so? Are the official filters better? I'm talking about the:
Durability
Price
Value (bang for the buck)
Quality (build and video)
International shipping
Overall (conclusion)

Thanks for any answers,
Yhadar

2017-3-26
Use props
Airobotix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

The Taco filters are well priced, come in a nice, sturdy protective case, are easy to install/remove, don't interfere with the gimbal on self test and are well made.
2017-3-26
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.4
Israel

But are they better than the Dji filters?
These are my two main options.
If there are any other good and a cheap ones (reasonably cheap) I'll be happy too.
The PolarPro cinema series cost a lot... and the normal PolarPro don't let the gimbal calibrate...
I also understand that Taco RC have free worldwide shipping, so that's a big plus for me.
I know that on eBay you can buy and they ship internationally but these versions are without the nice foam case...
2017-3-26
Use props
Airobotix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

I bought my Taco filters on Amazon but the order was shipped direct from Taco with the case.
2017-3-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I use polar pro all the time, they're great, no problem with the gimbal.
2017-3-26
Use props
DJL
First Officer
Flight distance : 795810 ft
United States

Polar Pro cinematic series also are good ND filters,  It's  hard to find anyone who has them in stock. You can find them in stock here:  https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... _cinema_series.html
2017-3-26
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.4
Israel

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-26 05:05
I use polar pro all the time, they're great, no problem with the gimbal.

Do you use the cinema series?
2017-3-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yhadar Posted at 2017-3-26 07:04
Do you use the cinema series?

I have the original , I also have new Nd , and cinema series which I use mostly. Original ones are the ones that are a problem when starting gimbal.
2017-3-26
Use props
SkySailorMan
Captain
Flight distance : 2170768 ft
United States

+1 on the PolarPro. I bought the six-pack Cinema Series from PolarPro's Amazon listing. Very well made and they work perfectly with gimbal initialization.
2017-3-26
Use props
SteelFlyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 286076 ft
United States

Originally ordered the Polar Pro Cinema Series but when they were backordered for so long, I cancelled and ordered the Taco Multicoated filters.  I have had very good luck with them.
2017-3-26
Use props
NoSale
lvl.4
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

The Polar Pro cinema series are suppose to be back in stock at the end of March.  The shutter series is available now (1/2 of the cinema series).

I ordered directly from Polar Pro website.  If you search, there is still a valid coupon code that will get you 10% off.  Free shipping and top customer service.....
2017-3-26
Use props
PolarPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yhadar Posted at 2017-3-26 03:26
But are they better than the Dji filters?
These are my two main options.
If there are any other good and a cheap ones (reasonably cheap) I'll be happy too.

Our Regular ones do allow the gimbal to calibrate, they have been updated:
https://www.polarprofilters.com/collections/dji-mavic-filters-and-accessories/products/dji-mavic-filter-3-pack

Let me know if you have any questions on them!
-Jeff from PolarPro
2017-3-26
Use props
Bucefalo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 444944 ft
Italy

I think people get just too excited to "trash" their money.. using the nd dji filters, easy to apply, no problems with gimbal and in my opinion doing a good job! save your money and buy dji filters ;)
2017-3-26
Use props
BengalBoy
First Officer
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, I got my Mavic yesterday and finally got to place my DJI filters on it.  Excellent design and super light weight.  Unfortunately, I cracked the ND8 filter just trying to remove it from its foam insert.  So, like a lot of people have said, the DJI glass is super fragile.  I was being very careful trying to pry it up with my fingernail when I heard it crack.  I still have my ND16 which I will almost exclusively use and the ND4, but, be aware these filter's are more delicate than a Hummingbird egg shell.
2017-3-26
Use props
bomberuk
First Officer
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

taco rc for me ;)
2017-3-26
Use props
Nikon 1
Second Officer
United States

Taco RC Professional for me.  This is the "Up" version of their standard filter set with the difference being the glass is multi-coated.

Amazon (Prime) means free shipping.
2017-3-26
Use props
fansc2962bbc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 29452 ft
Norway

I bought the PGYtech filters. A nice metall box with n4, n8, n16 , uv and  cpl filters. Very well made. Aviation aluminium and  optical glass. No gimbal issues.  Fit the lens nice and .tight , but easy to remove. Have no experience with other manufaturer.
2017-3-26
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.4
Israel

In the Taco RC filters, what is the difference between multi Oates and normal?

Thanks,
Yhadar
2017-4-5
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Yhadar Posted at 2017-4-5 22:13
In the Taco RC filters, what is the difference between multi Oates and normal?

Thanks,

I answered the question here in the separate thread you created with this same question.
2017-4-6
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.4
Israel

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-6 02:30
I answered the question here in the separate thread you created with this same question.

Yes I saw, Thanks!
2017-4-6
Use props
Canes76
First Officer
Flight distance : 818199 ft
  • >>>
United States

Really love the Taco's...I will be doing a review soon!
2017-4-6
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.4
Israel

Canes76 Posted at 2017-4-6 05:19
Really love the Taco's...I will be doing a review soon!

Great! I'd love to watch! Will you be uploading it to YouTube? What is your channel name?
2017-4-6
Use props
ArtistFirst
Second Officer
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

Neither, Polar Pro Cinema Series.
2017-4-6
Use props
ArtistFirst
Second Officer
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

I made this video a few weeks ago and as soon as my Vivid CS get here from Polar Pro, I'm going to make a similar but shorter video.

They are in transit now.

Unfortunately I have a problem with my Mavic and had to exchange it but I should have my new one in a day or two and my filters any day now.

https://youtu.be/OLiHrnQGvow
2017-4-6
Use props
Canes76
First Officer
Flight distance : 818199 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yhadar Posted at 2017-4-6 07:27
Great! I'd love to watch! Will you be uploading it to YouTube? What is your channel name?

Yhadar

Here is the channel - I have the footage from each filter already filmed - 4, 8, 16, 32, and 64 - just need to put it together.  Will most likely be up by this weekend!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgaPkSuTlQV-Wz23qDJEcxA
2017-4-6
Use props
djiuser_9O3fqDE
New
Australia

Nikon 1 Posted at 2017-3-26 16:31
Taco RC Professional for me.  This is the "Up" version of their standard filter set with the difference being the glass is multi-coated.

Amazon (Prime) means free shipping.

What benefit is the multi coating?
2018-1-10
Use props
Nikon 1
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_9O3fqDE Posted at 2018-1-10 19:45
What benefit is the multi coating?

Reduced lens flare in light that hits the lens on an angle.  Think of it as ghosting under bright light.
2018-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules