P3P gimbal wire ribbon needed
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6b51b894
lvl.1
Thailand

Hi All,
I have recently purchased a new (1 battery charge cycle) P3P which was in storage for approx 18mths. I had to do many firmware updates and have loaded then but with issues. My dji go app tells me I am currently up to date with the latest firmware but I do not have image. Each time I activate the bird the signal immediately comes up as No image transmission signal. I have read all the forum threads, phantom pilot forum threads, dji website, contacted dji support and finally looked at many youtube footage of how to dismantle the gimbal. Well I found the wire ribbon under close inspection has two layers and these have seperated. If I didnt put the gimbal apart I would not have found it. I am hoping this is the cause for the no image signal but now comes the hard part. I cannot find anywhere I can buy this part except for the cheap china copy part which I do not want. (many threads about copy ribbon being poor quality and faulty)

So does anybody know where I can buy one? All help appreciated as dji website just wants me to send in the bird for them to fix and I already have it in parts. I have the tools, knowledge, time and ability to do this easy repair.

thanks Rob
2017-3-26
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Look in ebay. PRO and advanced are same ribbon cable.
2017-3-26
Use props
fans6b51b894
lvl.1
Thailand

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-3-26 09:07
Look in ebay. PRO and advanced are same ribbon cable.

thanks for that, I just found them this morning and have purchased a triple layer one hoping its better than the other cheap copies.
2017-3-26
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

fans6b51b894 Posted at 2017-3-26 21:22
thanks for that, I just found them this morning and have purchased a triple layer one hoping its better than the other cheap copies.

Yep, good luck. Not hard to fix.
2017-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules