Wha is too much wind? Issues with takeoff..
2660 30 2015-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nbx33
lvl.1

United States

SO i got my Phantom and it always seems to wheelie up when i try to takeoff cause it to break blades and prop gaurds.

THen once in air about 10 feet even the slightest of breezes are causing the Phantom to drift away too fast to get used to the controls.  
So is this things a zero mph wind device?
Any input on conditions for flying would be ideal..
2015-2-26
Use props
bbrunner11.gmai
lvl.1

United States

something isn't right.  the wheelie sounds like you didn't calibrate your RC in both RC Assistant and Phantom Assistant.  The breeze problem sounds like you are in ATTI mode.  Silly question, but did you RTFM?
2015-2-26
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

what model phantom?
what flight mode (phantom or naza)?
what are your s1 and s2 switch positions at takeoff?

and no, not only is it not a zero wind device, it will hold position pretty well in a serious wind of over 15mph if calibrated properly and locked in on enough satellites.  share more info and im sure we can help you out.
2015-2-26
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

To hover in place it has to be either in Phantom mode or in NAZA mode with switch S2 in the top position. Plus you must have a 6 satellite lock.
2015-2-26
Use props
Nbx33
lvl.1

United States

phantom mode and gps mode

2015-3-2
Use props
Nbx33
lvl.1

United States

calibrating the rc  i have attempted and  had no luck  when i connect the rc and the phantom to  my PC  it doesnt show that it is connected other then a audible chime..
and as for the flight manual what are you calling the flight manual?  paperwork from box or  downloadables from dji?

?
2015-3-2
Use props
Nbx33
lvl.1

United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-2-27 05:03
what model phantom?
what flight mode (phantom or naza)?
what are your s1 and s2 switch positions at  ...

my s1 and s2 are up  full?
2015-3-2
Use props
Nbx33
lvl.1

United States

i have phantom 2
ill get the version in the morning
2015-3-2
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

If you are running the Phantom Assistant softwares (RC Assistant and Phantom Assistant) on a PC, Did you download the DJI Win Driver as the other softwares will not be recognized without this software,,!..IT IS A MUST FOR THE OTHERS TO WORK...2000%+ matter of fact!
2015-3-2
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

And really!...did you say "wheelie"?
These things ain't got no wheels!...they have propellers!
Maybe it should be called a "Propellie"!
2015-3-2
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

yes, you need to dload the win driver but make sure you tell us first what model you have and we'll set you on the right page
2015-3-2
Use props
Nbx33
lvl.1

United States

where can I find this windriver?
And yes a propellie!!

I don't get much time  to fly and so far I haven't had this device in the air a lot.  I will try to video my start up procedure with my sj4000
to make sure i am getting enought satelites

2015-3-7
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

You can download the driver from the DJI website look for the model you have and click download then look for DJI WIN Driver Installer then click exe

You can also download a manual from this site.
2015-3-7
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/download

On this page, the second group down are the win files.

I think you will find a huge difference once calibrated.  I flew for the first time today - after doing all the calibrations - even though there was about a 8 - 10 mph wind and it being 20 degrees.  I could not believe how stable and controllable it was.  I was also very impressed at just how responsive it is to sudden stick /direction changes.  In hover directly into the wind, it stayed within 2 feet of the same spot.  Take-offs were smooth.
2015-3-7
Use props
Nbx33
lvl.1

United States

I have the Phantom 2.   NOT the vision or Vision+ I will take a look at these win drivers I may need some assistance on calibration
2015-3-7
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

Watch these

Since you don't have the Vision version, not all the information will apply, but the calibrations and how to do them will.  At least watch the first three videos.
2015-3-7
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Nbx33 Posted at 2015-3-8 05:56
I have the Phantom 2.   NOT the vision or Vision+ I will take a look at these win drivers I may need ...

Go to the link below and navigate to the model you have and then Download the below...
Without the DJI Win Driver Installer the other two will NOT work!

DJI WIN Driver Installer
Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.2
Phantom 2 Assistant Software v3.8

http://www.dji.com/support

And no more Propellies
2015-3-7
Use props
Nbx33
lvl.1

United States

So I did install the WinINstaller and the RC calibrated..   And updated the firmware on the Phantom  
Ill be looking for irregular rotors speed before take off because I notice the FRONT 2 were always going faster then the rear 2 cause the propellie's.. {that word is so hard to say and type}

Now for the test Flight. 3-6 mph wind today and I am nowhere near power lines and stuff like that.

SO here we go..
So this test flight I will be trying to maintain a hover and simple controls nothing advanced.
2015-3-13
Use props
Nbx33
lvl.1

United States

ok so frustration is setting in..

wheelies  wheelies  wheelies..

I have broken prop gaurds now . it did get off the ground once about 3 feet started heading right as if the controls were forcing it that way. using the controls  to counteract the direction caused it to crash and throw the battery out the phantom. Come to think of it  always  goes right.  no matter which way it faces  it goes right.

So I need some help because right now its a expensive paperweight. and its frustrating
2015-3-13
Use props
Nbx33
lvl.1

United States

I am getting a few seconds of  fast flashing green leds which to me tells me I have satellite lock on enough  satelittes.
then it goes steady green medium bursts of green leds

so I will re watch those videos and see if I am doing something incorrectly
2015-3-13
Use props
Nbx33
lvl.1

United States

SO i recalibrated EVERYTHING

and will be seeing if anything changes
2015-3-13
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

Can you take video of it setting on the ground with the motors running but not trying to take off. If like you said it the back props are not turning as fast as the front one something is wrong.
2015-3-13
Use props
yanbu.ksa
lvl.1

United States

Do NOT be worried. There is a particular calibration for the phantom TAKE OFF in Software Assistance called Advance IMU Calibration.

See the following Video:  

Regards.
2015-3-14
Use props
Nbx33
lvl.1

United States

So I thought I posted a reply back
  I completely re calibrated everything like in the video posted something somewhere did update.   and not all the  blades spin like normal and lift off is achieved with minimal effort..    one of the updates didn't take.    Now I have the Green Light on the RC and no Error during compass calibration and  gets GPS lock faster then before...

2015-3-19
Use props
rdc4444
lvl.2

United States

Punch it!!  Pull straight up on the stick until you,are up in the air!! I use to baby the lift off when I first bought it and all it would do is tip over
2015-3-19
Use props
rdc4444
lvl.2

United States

Sorry I read the entire thread and it seems like you are having some other type of issue... Wish I could help but have no advice.. Thought you were having problems with taking off only.
2015-3-19
Use props
Nbx33
lvl.1

United States

I did have those issue and when I punched it and got airborne  I got the drunk Flyer status until I could maneuver a safe crash..<<<<  SAFE CRASH     LOL.     

Now  since the calibration is completed I can baby the throttle on take off and its slowly lifts up like I expected...  calibration was the issue...

But since I made some videos posted link in my last post.  thanks guys
2015-3-19
Use props
rdc4444
lvl.2

United States

Are you pushing on the right stick during take off? I once got confused after a heavy night of drinking and got the left and right stick confused on takeoff and tipped over onto the ground. Get it up in the air with the left stick only and let it hover for awhile before trying to move it.
2015-3-19
Use props
Jerdel
lvl.2

United States

Yug Posted at 2015-2-27 07:11
RTFM (Read the flight Manual).

In case you did not understand the abbreviation.

I thought the F stood for some other word
2015-3-21
Use props
Jerdel
lvl.2

United States

Nbx33 Posted at 2015-3-20 10:56
So I thought I posted a reply back
  I completely re calibrated everything like in the video posted ...

Nice video. What did you use to edit it and add music?
2015-3-21
Use props
Nbx33
lvl.1

United States

Windows Movie maker.  I am going to invest in Sony Vegas soon but for not.  My money is going to go into my Phantom to equip it with Gimbal and A reputable FPV
which s where my next questions are going to be directed.
2015-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules