How to Install the IOSD Mini P2V+ (Update)
4929 13 2015-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skymaker6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49009 ft
United States

Hello,

I have been looking for some type of video on how to install the iOSD Mini on a "Phantom 2 Vision +", PLEASE note I said the P2V+, so far I can only find how to install in on a Phantom 2.

And if you look at those videos, ther are removing something from the front legg, not the Compass.

So, Hello to anyone from DJI support, or anyone that has installed on on a P2V+ only.
I just added a photo, does anyone know what the silver box is?

Thanks for any hep any one can give.

inside of P2V+

inside of P2V+
2015-2-26
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

I don't have a vision +  so don't know if you can put the iosd mini in. I do know the silver box is the Wi-Fi Transmission Module the thing on the landing gear they plug the mini into is called a can-bus but I don't see it on the vision +
2015-2-28
Use props
daag78.gmail
lvl.4
Pakistan

this is 2.4ghz transmitter for video transmitting ..
2015-3-1
Use props
Axeman This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-3-1
Use props
skymaker6
lvl.3
United States

@Axeman I think you may be correct, because so far there is nothing on installing the iOSD on the Vision+ anywhere and so far DJI has not reply to my request for information on how to install it. the iOSD will sent the information to your FPV, because in most cases you are not using the Vision App.

@tonyray955, you are correct so far I have not found the 'Can-Bus" anywhere on the Vision+, that is one of the reason I took the cover off to see if it was inside.

This is becoming a big project, and has taken a long time to get any information on it. I may just be out of luck.

Thanks All,
2015-3-1
Use props
Axeman This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-3-1
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

Here is a picture of a phantom 2 the can-bus is the cable coming from the top left and plugging to the left of the GPS plug on yours nothing is plugged into it so you don't have a can-bus on the vision+ also the cable that is yellow black red black right next to the zenmuse ribbon cable that's the cable that goes to the iosd mini and it already has something plugged into it on yours. So I don't think you can use the iosd mini on the vision+.

2015-3-1
Use props
skymaker6
lvl.3
United States

tonyray955 Posted at 2015-3-2 07:45
Here is a picture of a phantom 2 the can-bus is the cable coming from the top left and plugging to t ...

Thank you for the update. It looks like people are selling it and saying you can use it on the vision +
2015-3-1
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

I ask support and been told that since P2V+ does not support modification now so there is no further installation information from DJI .
I remember that I saw someone add an iOS mini to vison plus at a Chinese forum. I'll see whether I could find the post and try to translate it.
2015-3-1
Use props
skymaker6
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-3-2 11:57
I ask support and been told that since P2V+ does not support modification now so there is no further ...

Thank you, one thing I did find is the Flytrex Live 3G, I like what it has and it has great install instruction for Vision plus without the can-bus http://www.flytrex.com/support/f ... -plus-installation/

I was thinking about getting that, and I think there is a post somewhere  here, I'll have to look for it.
2015-3-1
Use props
skymaker6
lvl.3
United States

Just as an added note this is what I got from DJI support: "

"Thank you for contacting DJI North America.
We do not recommend any modification to the Phantom 2 Vision Plus, Nor do we have any videos that will explain how to install the iOSD mini on that unit, the Phantom 2 Vision plus is a complete unit. working on it or opening up the shell on the Phantom will void your warranty."

So, now that I know, I will not be adding the iOSD min to my P2VP+
2015-3-2
Use props
JSam
lvl.1

United States

In the PV2+ , Next to the GPS socket is the CAN bus socket.  It says CAN on the circuit board.
2015-9-6
Use props
JSam
lvl.1

United States

Silver box is the WiFI transmitter.  Look toward the bottom of your photo.  The white plug next to the GPS socket is the CAN bus socket.
2015-9-6
Use props
SkySpy00110001
lvl.1

Hungary

Probably very late, but i installed the dji iosd mini into the p2v+, i desoldered the withe connector, looked up the pinout online, and made a cable that connects to the iosd mini, and soldered it to the board, it works fine!
2020-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules