Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video image in and out and freezes on slave
1859 8 2017-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans41f7a2b1
New
Flight distance : 515246 ft
United States

I just down graded the sovtware on the drone and both controllers. Then upgraded everything and the slave keeps locking up and freezing while the master seems to be fine.  What do I do now?
2017-3-26
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Ok , are you using the same type of go app device for both the slave and master ?  Most video issues on the slave RC are the fault of the go app deice  on the Slave .  A good way to test this is to swap the two Go app devices around and see if the problem  is now bad video on the master .  

Keep in mind the video signal is the only thing that is transmitted to both the RC and Master.  All of the controls go through the slave to the master . Diagram below

Dual_Controllers.png
2017-3-26
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

-Make sure you are running NO other apps in background of the Slave RC go app.
-If using an apple device be sure to enable the"Hardware Decode " on the go app , general settings .

2017-3-26
Use props
fansd57e461f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 364642 ft
United States

I don't have dual controllers or a slave monitor, however I was having the same issue on my iPad Mini.  I did some testing just yesterday and solved my problem.  Although it may not fix your problem.  Ever since the latest firmware upgrade, I've had this issue.  The video signal flickers, locks up momentarily, and sometimes I have green pixels at the bottom of the screen.  I read that the new firmware update isn't compatible with older processors.  So, I hooked up my iPhone 6 which has a faster processor.  That was the trick.  Video image was rock solid.  Not a glitch.  I really like the bigger screen of my iPad Mini, but at least I figured it out.  So if you're having these issues, try a device that has a faster processor.  
2017-3-26
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

fansd57e461f Posted at 2017-3-26 15:58
I don't have dual controllers or a slave monitor, however I was having the same issue on my iPad Mini.  I did some testing just yesterday and solved my problem.  Although it may not fix your problem.  Ever since the latest firmware upgrade, I've had this issue.  The video signal flickers, locks up momentarily, and sometimes I have green pixels at the bottom of the screen.  I read that the new firmware update isn't compatible with older processors.  So, I hooked up my iPhone 6 which has a faster processor.  That was the trick.  Video image was rock solid.  Not a glitch.  I really like the bigger screen of my iPad Mini, but at least I figured it out.  So if you're having these issues, try a device that has a faster processor.

9-10 times the problem with video  especially on the slave RC is Go app device related, thanks for sharing your experience.

donnie
2017-3-27
Use props
tcjdrones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 333179 ft
United States

This was a super helpful post - I've been having extreme latency issues after running the recent updates. Running dual controllers on the I1Pro with dual iPhone 7's instead of dual iPad Mini 2's did the trick.
2017-8-29
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.4

United States

fansd57e461f Posted at 2017-3-26 15:58

One thing that's been confusing me is how quickly the iPad mini 4 (1.5GB RAM and a 1.5GHz processor) overheats and becomes unusable significantly faster than the iPhone 6 (1GB RAM and 1.4GHz processor).

Both devices, on the latest firmware and latest DJI GO 4, have serious problems. But at the end of the day, the iPhone 6 is slightly better than the iPad mini 4. This makes no sense ...

Regardless, we have also seen this serious delay with the new firmware when using master+slave RC. The older firmwares had no issues like this. Now, the delay for the slave is seriously like 2-3 seconds. How is a camera operator supposed to do their work with latency like that?

We are anxiously awaiting the new v01.01.0200 firmware. I sure do hope DJI has addressed the mountain of issues we're dealing with now. I know people have referred to their AC as a "brick" with this latest firmware update. Ours ... Well, we still go up in the air so it's not a brick -- so we have now classified it as "special".

It needs a brain transplant ASAP. Please DJI help us out.
2017-8-30
Use props
Laurens BYRS
New
France

Hello, I have upgraded the Inspire firmware as well as the remote control, I have checked connections between the camera and the Inspire, everything seems to be OK.
When the Inspire is on the ground everything is pefect and video is fluid, but after lifting the video freeze even after landing.

Any solution ?

Thanks.
2017-9-13
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

Laurens BYRS Posted at 2017-9-13 05:49
Hello, I have upgraded the Inspire firmware as well as the remote control, I have checked connections between the camera and the Inspire, everything seems to be OK.
When the Inspire is on the ground everything is pefect and video is fluid, but after lifting the video freeze even after landing.

Is this on the master ?  What are you using for the /go app ?   Can you try another Go app device for testing ?  IF you have a strong processor on the go app device , Like an I pad with A9 or A10 processor  then move on to other causes .  If NOT try another device .

You may have a pinched wire from the Vibration board to the AC, Inspect it . Or the Mesh between the gimbal and the vibration board may be dirty or need to be loosened a wee bit for better contact  . Also read my tips page for other ideas and more detail .

http://forum.dji.com/thread-64817-1-1.html
donnie
2017-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules