Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"Flight Distance" in profile and posts
3116 28 2017-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WolfgangStiller
Captain
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

I just noticed under my icon on my posts it shows a "flight distance". What is that? Meters flown according to DJI GO4? Curious, since I know my overalll distance is much higher than that but I'd guess it doesn't know when I am flying with other apps such as Litchi.

2017-3-26
Use props
Flybee
Captain
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

It's not OK for me either and I have never used anything else the DJI Go so there are some corrections to be made I guess.
2017-3-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I have the same problem, I did some time ago have to delete my app and reinstall, I did get a message to save flights but ignored it as there wasn't anything important on any of them and I always have kept hard copy log book , so it might have something to do with that..
2017-3-26
Use props
rydfree41
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

I noticed it but thought it may be some indication of how often you post on the forum .
2017-3-26
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

What is that? Meters flown according to DJI GO4?

Yes, it's meters flown; at least the number that shows on here matches what shows up for me in DJI Go 4. It appears to get updated immediately after you sync your flight information.

I'd guess it doesn't know when I am flying with other apps such as Litchi.

No, it doesn't. Just as those don't show up in the flight history of DJI Go 4, the distance from those flights doesn't get included in the total distance shown here.
2017-3-26
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Huh, mine's not exactly right but is in the ballpark, off by 32m.
2017-3-26
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-3-26 13:19
Huh, mine's not exactly right but is in the ballpark, off by 32m.

I'd say that's pretty close   I just checked and it's pretty close to what DJI GO4 shows for me. I do most of my flying via Litchi so it's off from my actual distance.
2017-3-26
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-3-26 16:58
I'd say that's pretty close   I just checked and it's pretty close to what DJI GO4 shows for me. I do most of my flying via Litchi so it's off from my actual distance.

It's def pretty close, but it's curious that it's not identical to what the app says. Maybe it's a conversion rounding error in the different libraries DJI is using for the app and website as I'm looking at feet here in the US.
2017-3-26
Use props
Surrealplaces
lvl.4
Flight distance : 908819 ft
Canada

I synced up this evening, for the first time ever, but it happened right after I changed phones and re-installed DJI-GO, so it shows me as 1m lol.
2017-4-19
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
United States

Surrealplaces Posted at 2017-4-19 21:00
I synced up this evening, for the first time ever, but it happened right after I changed phones and re-installed DJI-GO, so it shows me as 1m lol.

What was it before?   If you didn't do a sync (or just cleared your data before a sync) before reinstalling, your old data would be lost.
2017-4-20
Use props
Surrealplaces
lvl.4
Flight distance : 908819 ft
Canada

Can't recall what the flight distance was before, but yes, no sync beforehand.....so all gone now. Oh well, more reason to go out and do some flying
2017-4-20
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
United States

Surrealplaces Posted at 2017-4-20 15:29
Can't recall what the flight distance was before, but yes, no sync beforehand.....so all gone now. Oh well, more reason to go out and do some flying

That explains it. Thanks for confirming. (I hate unexplained things like that).
2017-4-20
Use props
Socalrob
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892 ft
  • >>>
United States

I didn't sync quite a few and deleted also. Starting over but shows I have a phantom standard when I only have the Mavic and a P3P.
2017-4-20
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
United States

Socalrob Posted at 2017-4-20 17:55
I didn't sync quite a few and deleted also. Starting over but shows I have a phantom standard when I only have the Mavic and a P3P.

I think it knows about all your prior flown drones.
2017-4-20
Use props
InJamaica
First Officer
Flight distance : 1667894 ft
  • >>>
Jamaica

I will try to sync mine today and see the results
2018-1-22
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
United States

InJamaica Posted at 2018-1-22 11:55
I will try to sync mine today and see the results

I have since noticed that it knows about all my flights. Notice, distance is in meters and there is sometimes a lag in the stats being updated.
2018-1-22
Use props
PatrickM923
lvl.3

I have tried to get the flight distance updated two times.  Not yet successful.   I fly multiple dji drones, could that be causing a problem???
2018-10-5
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
United States

PatrickM923 Posted at 2018-10-5 18:59
I have tried to get the flight distance updated two times.  Not yet successful.   I fly multiple dji drones, could that be causing a problem???

It works with multiple drones but there is often a delay. I had to wait a week to see my status updated one time. Generally the update is instant.
2018-10-6
Use props
PatrickM923
lvl.3

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2018-10-6 18:09
It works with multiple drones but there is often a delay. I had to wait a week to see my status updated one time. Generally the update is instant.

Well, it hasn't updated.  I must be doing something wrong.  As I understand the process, I just have to open the DJI GO 4 app, choose the three bars in the upper right hand corner, choose the cloud sync button, which is also in he upper right hand corner when the app opens he flight list page, and then choose, "1 month", "6 months", or "All" on the "sync your flight records" splash page that opens up.  Then the app does its thing, I wait for it to finish, and then I can close the app.  Whew!  Sorry for such a long post, but I wanted to be sure to include all the steps I take.  Am I missing something??
2018-10-7
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

PatrickM923 Posted at 2018-10-7 19:00
Well, it hasn't updated.  I must be doing something wrong.  As I understand the process, I just have to do is open the DJI GO 4 app, choose the three bars in the upper right hand corner, choose the cloud sync button, which is also in he upper right hand corner when the app opens he flight list page, and then choose, "1 month", "6 months", or "All" on the "sync your flight records" splash page that opens up.  Then the app does its thing, I wait for it to finish, and then I can close the app.  Whew!  Sorry for such a long post, but I wanted to be sure to include all the steps I take.  Am I missing something??

You also need to make sure that the account you are logging into DJI Go 4 is the same as the one you are using to log into this forum.
2018-10-7
Use props
PatrickM923
lvl.3

KlooGee Posted at 2018-10-7 19:42
You also need to make sure that the account you are logging into DJI Go 4 is the same as the one you are using to log into this forum.

Aha!   That might be it.  I’ll check it out tomorrow. Thank you!
2018-10-7
Use props
PatrickM923
lvl.3

I made changes to my login and believe I am  now logging into DJI Go 4 and the one I am using to log into this forum are the same.  However, now when I log in it shows my "Points".   I'm not sure what that is.  Is there another setting location to choose between points and "Flight Distance"?
2018-10-9
Use props
PatrickM923
lvl.3

I’m still doing something wrong.  Does it matter if I also use “DJI GO” for an Osmo Mobile device?  And, does it matter if I have DJI GO 4 on multiple devices?  I have dji go 4 on an iPhone and on an iPad.  I rarely, if ever, use  the one on my iPhone.  Any ideas or thoughts?  All help appreciated.
2018-10-10
Use props
Haseeb Uddin
Flight distance : 68675 ft
Pakistan

So my DJI Go 4 app says I've flown 11,343 meters, but my profile says i've flown 16148 meter. How does that works??
2019-3-5
Use props
ScanDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 1026260 ft
United States

Haseeb Uddin Posted at 3-5 00:44
So my DJI Go 4 app says I've flown 11,343 meters, but my profile says i've flown 16148 meter. How does that works??

I have the same "problem". According to DJI GO4 I have logged 229 km, forum says 243 km and Airdata UAV 278 km. Recently I started to fly more with Litchi, so guess that's where the 229 vs 278, but the forum I have no clue about. Does anyone know how the forum distance is calculated?   
2019-3-5
Use props
Haseeb Uddin
Flight distance : 68675 ft
Pakistan

ScanDrone Posted at 3-5 05:53
I have the same "problem". According to DJI GO4 I have logged 229 km, forum says 243 km and Airdata UAV 278 km. Recently I started to fly more with Litchi, so guess that's where the 229 vs 278, but the forum I have no clue about. Does anyone know how the forum distance is calculated?

I suppose, flights made other than DJI Go 4 app are not logged in the app and hence not on the forum as well. But I never flew other than DJI Go 4 yet.
2019-3-5
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Captain
Flight distance : 10149541 ft
Canada

they have change my flight distance from metres to feet, yet I didn't ask for that nor do I prefer feet to metres,  was the level also posted?  As I recall the level was also there along with the distance.
2019-3-6
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Captain
Flight distance : 10149541 ft
Canada

is there any way one of the administrator's could answer the question how it is that my flight distance is now measured in feet and not metres as it was in the past?
2019-3-7
Use props
TakeFlite
First Officer
Flight distance : 780233 ft
Australia

Being a bit naive I deleted the app and just assumed my records would save, guess I know now. Gives me a good reason to get back out there though and build back up those records again.
2019-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules