Prohibited Items List Holland America
2380 7 2017-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sticks
lvl.2

United States

Any one have experiance with this? Going on an Alaska cruse in May.

Prohibited Items List
Drones also referred to as Unmanned Aerial Vehicle  (UAV) or Remotely Piloted Aerial Vehicle (RPA), and any other remote  controlled aerial devices/toys

Thank you

Sticks

2017-3-27
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

Sorry, no experience with this but it would seem that Holland America is trying to prevent cruise passengers from launching drones from the ship and annoying other passengers / preventing privacy issues.  It would seem that you just would not be allowed to fly if you were on shipboard; Land excursions might be a different situation?
2017-3-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I expect with the growing trend for drones they are becoming an nuisance so they take the easy way out and ban them.
2017-3-28
Use props
Sticks
lvl.2

United States

I received a final confirmation today in an email from the cruse line that no drones are allowed and they do not issue wavers even if your intent is to only fly while on shore.
2017-3-29
Use props
kaeyalin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153665 ft
United States

Doing a cruise with Royal Caribbean, under similar rules.  RC, at least, will be security checking and x raying passengers and their bags every time they return to the ship from a shore visit.
2017-3-29
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

Being an American who is mostly in America, I wonder if whatever "foreign" ports Holland America / Royal Caribbean docks in have specific drone regulations and they have chosen to deal with the different regulations by flat out banning drones on board?

One way to handle a confusing set of regulations, I guess.  Rather tough, but the fairest.
2017-3-29
Use props
kaeyalin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153665 ft
United States

Nikon 1 Posted at 2017-3-29 16:23
Being an American who is mostly in America, I wonder if whatever "foreign" ports Royal Caribbean docks in have specific drone regulations and RC has chosen to deal with the different regulations by flat out banning drones on board?

One way to handle a confusing set of regulations, I guess.  Rather tough, but the fairest.

I don't know for sure but I think it has more to do with  ensuring no one is tempted to fly within or from the cruise ship, via outright ban.

I can't say I'd blame em for that decision, much as I'd like to take my Mavic wtih me.
2017-3-29
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

One expensive way to get around that, IF you wanted to fly in a specific port would be to pack and ship your Mavic to the Post Office in that specific city, with a Hold @ Post Office restriction.  When you get into the city, jump to the Post Office, pick up your Mavic, do your flying, repack it and ship it to your local post office with that same Hold @ Post Office until you get home and can pick it up.

Expensive and fraught with risk, but it does get you the ability to fly it in that country.

YMMV
2017-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules