Part identification
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John Smith
lvl.2

United States

I'm curious about something that's both ubiquitous and mysterious (at least to me :-)

When searching for parts, I often come across part names associated with part NUMBERS, such as:

Part 49 Gimbal Flat Cable
Part 38 Mobile Device Holder
2312A CCW motor (part 94)
2312A CW motor (part 95)

So what I want to know is where do these numbers originate?

Are there lists available which identify these part names and numbers?

2017-3-27
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha John,

Part 49 is the Gimbal cable that connects the gimbal with the body of the Phantom.  Part 38 is the device holder that holds your Android or iOS device so you can see where you are flying.  The CCW and CW motors are ClockWise and CounterClockWise motors that actually fly your Phantom.

The numbers originate with the manufacturer.  Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-28
Use props
John Smith
lvl.2

United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-28 03:25
Aloha John,

Part 49 is the Gimbal cable that connects the gimbal with the body of the Phantom.  Part 38 is the device holder that holds your Android or iOS device so you can see where you are flying.  The CCW and CW motors are ClockWise and CounterClockWise motors that actually fly your Phantom.

No no no...you misunderstand. I'm not asking what the parts I posted are, I already know that.

What I'm asking is if there is a data sheet/list/whatever that SOURCES these numbers, such that if say, I blew out a framistan on my P3, I could look it up to find what the proper name(s) and part #(s) is/are for framistans.

I suspect that such lists would also be beneficial in checking to see if a particular part is the same across all versions of phantom 3 (like batteries and propellers) or if a particular part is peculiar to specific models or not (like cameras and RCs).

And while I'm at it here (and this should probably get its own thread), does anybody know if there are any schematics available for Phantoms?  :-)

Thanks for responding!  :-)

2017-3-28
Use props
Elbert H.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6299455 ft
United States

John
It's unusually quiet when one poses this question, I asked the basically the same question a few months ago. As far as I can tell, it's a state secret. Same for a request for a repair manual, no response. Our only hope is that somebody else, ie 3rd party, has put some kind of manual and/or parts list together for users who prefer to do their own repairs

Watch this. I'm going to post a request for gimbal trouble shooting, probably wont get a helpful reply. but we'll see.

Good luck
2017-3-29
Use props
John Smith
lvl.2

United States

Elbert H. Posted at 2017-3-29 08:35
John
It's unusually quiet when one poses this question, I asked the basically the same question a few months ago. As far as I can tell, it's a state secret. Same for a request for a repair manual, no response. Our only hope is that somebody else, ie 3rd party, has put some kind of manual and/or parts list together for users who prefer to do their own repairs

Heheh...I like the way you think!  :-)

And I'm afraid I have to agree with you; as the old saw goes, I get the feeling that somebody out there "knows" what I want to know, and they could tell me - but then they'd have to kill me.  :-)

In the meantime, I shall observe your "gimbal quest" with great interest, and wish you the best of luck!  :-)
2017-3-29
Use props
Desert Rat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2287 ft
United States

John Smith Posted at 2017-3-29 09:57
Heheh...I like the way you think!  :-)

And I'm afraid I have to agree with you; as the old saw goes, I get the feeling that somebody out there "knows" what I want to know, and they could tell me - but then they'd have to kill me.  :-)

Information is Knowledge..   And Knowledge Is Power..  And Those with Power..  Don't Like to Share

2017-7-22
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340620 ft
United States

what you want is an exploded view parts break down list
2017-8-29
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Just like the coke formula, these are closely guarded secrets.  
2017-8-29
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340620 ft
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-8-29 06:37
Just like the coke formula, these are closely guarded secrets.

no doubt, I've looked everywhere and have come up empty pretty sad because I have deep web searching capability and can usually find info I need. so this leads me to think its very guarded. I get that the information can lead to copying, but honestly these days china can copy anything and do it in a manor that would fool even the best eye for fakes. and all they need to do it is a single unit and reverse engineering. many companies have components that are only made for them and even those get copied eventually.  there should be at least and exploded view drawing for the thing even if no parts list is generated with it. I think it would help to be able to point out the component on the chart and say this is what I need rather then I need one of those thingies that hook to the whatchamacallit
2017-8-29
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Unfortunately, there is no data sheet that can refer to specific part numbers. If you go to the online store and go to the accessories area, you will find many of the most common parts listed that people are looking for.
2017-9-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-20 12:40
Unfortunately, there is no data sheet that can refer to specific part numbers. If you go to the online store and go to the accessories area, you will find many of the most common parts listed that people are looking for.

Yes, see www.greathobbies.ca website, for a large parts department.

Actually, most hobby shops make a greater percentage of their profit, from selling those overpriced bits.

RedHotPoker

2017-9-20
Use props
Anonymously_Unknown
lvl.3
Flight distance : 602303 ft

Jamaica

This can help you.  You only need to scroll to the section that you needhttps://github.com/o-gs/dji-firmware-tools/wiki/DJI-Hardware
2018-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules