5165 52 2015-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Heads up Guys and Girls....... New firmware is on the dji site.
2015-2-27
Use props
argykaraz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1108356 ft
United States

i am currently updating
2015-2-27
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank's me too.
2015-2-27
Use props
owen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 267316 ft
United Kingdom

do we know what it fixes?
2015-2-27
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

just on the chat line at present to try to find out what it fixes
2015-2-27
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here are the release notes.....http://download.dji-innovations. ... elease_Notes_en.pdf
2015-2-27
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank's Dave E
2015-2-27
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

Thank You for the early notice...
2015-2-27
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

it addresses the drifting issue and motor lock up and other updates. As to what the other changes are it does't state them.
2015-2-27
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dave E Posted at 2015-2-27 20:39
Here are the release notes.....http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/inspire_1/en/Inspire_1_ ...

have you updated you Inspire??
2015-2-27
Use props
Arctictern
lvl.2

United Kingdom

rodger Posted at 2015-2-27 21:03
it addresses the drifting issue and motor lock up and other updates. As to what the other changes  ...

These appear to be the updates

1. Video downlink performance has been enhanced to provide a more stable video transmission signal.
2. OSD information display on HDMI devices has been optimized.
3. Connection performance between the Master and Slave remote controllers has been enhanced.

It doesn't mention anything about fixing the drifting issue. Where did you get that info from?
2015-2-27
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mine is beeping as we speak
2015-2-27
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Arctictern Posted at 2015-2-27 21:12
These appear to be the updates

1. Video downlink performance has been enhanced to provide a more  ...

The first day that it was out that was listed under the Download itself. I just checked it again and there is nothing there at all. "update addresses the drifting issue that some users have experienced, motor lockup and other changes. Please update your Firmware immediately." Why it states nothing now I have no idea at all. Now there is the update and the zip and PDF that you reported are under "Release Notes". Got me?
2015-2-27
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mine has updated without issue. Rodger I think you are referring to previous release notes. The above link relates to the release notes for this firmware update.

Stupidly I didn't check the "about" details prior to update. Can someone post a pic the version numbers prior to updating please so that we can compare.
2015-2-27
Use props
argykaraz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1108356 ft
United States

It is almost 2 hours that i am trying to update mine! It hasnt completed since i started updating. I think i will do this: Turn off the inspire. Format SD card. Re-donwload and extract the firmware and then try again.. Any suggestions?
2015-2-27
Use props
Arctictern
lvl.2

United Kingdom

rodger Posted at 2015-2-27 21:32
The first day that it was out that was listed under the Download itself. I just checked it again a ...

Nothing surprises me with DJI. The left hand doesn't seem to know what the right hand is doing most of the time. They seriously need to pull their socks up so to speak. Does anyone feel comfortable doing these updates when they can't even be straight about what the update actually fixes? It seems the app's are suffering issues already along with the firmware update appearing to have the wrong version number attached. Looks like DJI are going to employ a few thousand unpaid beta testers again!
2015-2-27
Use props
mehmethanay.gma
lvl.1

Turkey

I connected phone to remote and I opened Djı pilot after connnecting I switced on remote and drone . update to new firmware İsad yes...
on phone screen I saw updating %0 but not increasing... after a while remote starts to beep and then (like 5 minutes) ıt shot down itself. so dji app says now usb disconnected. drone is going on beeping aproximatly 30 minutes...
is that normal progress?
2015-2-27
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Guys and Girls. Once again here is the link to the release notes that refer to the latest firmware update posted today. It is quite clear what has been fixed. http://download.dji-innovations. ... elease_Notes_en.pdf

I have found that the best way to do a firmware update is forget the app, just do it by inserting the sd card with the update files on it into the camera with the power off. Disconnect your tablet from the TX, switch the TX on, then the aircraft and leave well alone. After a few seconds the aircraft will pick up the new firmware on the card and start installing it. It gives 4 beeps   D..D..D..D as it installs and when finished changes from 4 to 3...... D.....DD. It takes a while so be patient.

Switch off the aircraft once complete and then switch off the TX. Remove the card from the camera and use a usb adapter to connect the sd card to the TX. Switch the TX on and again leave well alone. It starts beeping and the light turns blue. Once complete it stops beeping and the light turns green. Again be patient. Once complete switch the TX off, remove the sd card and put it back in your computer. There will now be 2 new files on the card which indicate if the updates have been successful.  

Then you're done. Unless you have a second slave TX.

2015-2-27
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Arctictern Posted at 2015-2-27 21:51
Nothing surprises me with DJI. The left hand doesn't seem to know what the right hand is doing mos ...

Well, it made me look like a fool! Next time I will be sure to take a screen shot! Thank you for a courteous reply. When I read that the first of the week I felt relieved about the drifting issue as so many have reported experiencing the drifting issue. Honestly I have not flown mine yet as I am a bit nervous about putting $3K in the air and watch it decide to go on a vacation. That and the weather here in Rhode Island snow and sub zero temps. I have so much snow I will be able to keep the Beer cold in a snow bank this fourth of July Cookout.
2015-2-27
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dave E Posted at 2015-2-27 22:04
Guys and Girls. Once again here is the link to the release notes that refer to the latest firmware u ...

Thank's for the information will do mine later
2015-2-27
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

There was a lot of talk that this firmware update would address the "gimbal twitch" issue, but no mention of that in the release notes. I suppose there's only one way to find out for sure...
2015-2-27
Use props
Ozren
lvl.3

Croatia

@Abe, i am wondering the same thing, just updated my craft, will test it tomorrow !! If you can report your findings here.
2015-2-27
Use props
Ozren
lvl.3

Croatia

Also, last firmware was 14, this is 17, so this is the list of updated stuff ;

1. Enhanced self-check when the aircraft is powered on.
2. Optimized IMU calibration process.
3. Raised the electro-magnetic interference standard for compass calibration.
4. Optimized aircraft yawing motions.
5. Auto-takeoff altitude set to 1.2 meters (3.9 feet).
6. Aircraft automatically descends and lands if RTH is triggered when the aircraft flies within a 20 meter
(65 foot) radius of the Home Point.

1. Video downlink performance has been enhanced to provide a more stable video transmission signal.
2. OSD information display on HDMI devices has been optimized.
3. Connection performance between the Master and Slave remote controllers has been enhanced.
2015-2-27
Use props
Ozren
lvl.3

Croatia

I can confirm my gimbal still sucks, firmware did NOT fix anything about the gimbal, still drifts, dont know about twitching, have to fly it tomorrow. Curious thing, i just received email from DJI with RMA number....
2015-2-27
Use props
TheFlyGuy
lvl.2

Israel

From the release note it seems that Dji didn't fix anything with the flyaways, compass issue, IMU, gimble etc.
Maybe they did but not seems like like that.

I guess we all keep on calibration process of the compass and IMU every time we fly..
2015-2-27
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just flown with the new firmware update and tried to use the hdmi output from the transmitter to my cinemizer goggles. I didn't even take off, as the video signal was that poor. The video signal to the app was fine. I then tried the goggles connected to the hdmi output from my Shield tablet and that was fine.
2015-2-27
Use props
crossfittb
lvl.3

United States

I'm assuming the new download can only be extracted windows version not MAC? I downloaded the file. Tried to extract it on my MAC but no luck. What am I doing wrong?
2015-2-27
Use props
martysmith
lvl.1

New Zealand

Mid update and while the Inspire is still beeping, error came up on display 'Battery connection to centre board failed'.

Anyone else experienced this?

Still beeping... I'll give it another 20 min.
2015-2-27
Use props
AcesAreWld
lvl.2

United States

I can't believe it, I think this update bricked my Inspire.  I did the upgrade - the craft beeped for 10-15 mins and then stopped. The remote disconnected and eventually shut off on it's own. I reboot both devices and they WILL NOT LINK.

I try upgrading the remote firmware but it will never initiate the upgrade. I tried the BIN file on USB sticks, tried a Micro-SD to USB adapter, and tried using the Inspire 1's camera via USB cord - it won't even start the upgrade.

I called Tech support - they had me try to re-link the remote and the Inspire - no luck. They said if the remote didn't upgrade, then that could be the problem. The solution - send it in for a 4+ week repair. unacceptable.

Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas on how to force this remote to upgrade? Did your remote upgrade with the new firmware? I'm stuck here.. any help is appreciated.
2015-2-27
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

Ozren Posted at 2015-2-28 00:25
I can confirm my gimbal still sucks, firmware did NOT fix anything about the gimbal, still drifts, d ...

(((SIGH)))))That is sad o hear Ozren

after reading this as a person who deals with firmware updates and debugging ill leave it at this to DJI-

1) Don't put out and update just to try to appease users by simply putting out an "update"
2) Please communicate the full extent of the update not just the "Making things better" updates. There is no shame in talking about fixing the other bugs people have been screaming about for weeks, it to shows that you are listening and addressing the issues that have been hindering users for a while.
3) I understand to fix a firmware or software issue the most important things is being able to recreate the issues on your end. Communication is key to helping make this happen as its proven that engineers are only a couple people and your users are guaranteed to find those issues you cant find or reproduce.
4) IMO you better give Tahoe Ed and the two other guys I have actually seen coming onto the forums on behalf of DJI and taking the beatings from a lot of upset people a big fat bonus, a hearty hand shake and a nice fat bottle of White Chinese whiskey ($300 a bottle). IMO they are your greatest resource to information and to your consumers and for some probably the only reason they are still flying DJU products after this bejumbled product launch with the Inspire. Thank you Ed and Blade Strike.
2015-2-27
Use props
franknesss
lvl.2

United States

AcesAreWld Posted at 2015-2-28 01:49
I can't believe it, I think this update bricked my Inspire.  I did the upgrade - the craft beeped fo ...

This just happened to me. My Inspire 1 and remote won't link up anymore.
2015-2-27
Use props
AcesAreWld
lvl.2

United States

franknesss Posted at 2015-2-28 02:08
This just happened to me. My Inspire 1 and remote won't link up anymore.

Were you able to upgrade your transmitter units? I cannot get mine to upgrade no matter what I try.
2015-2-27
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

Damn. I am not updating until more is know about the I1 and controllers not linking.. Just finished a month long repair and don't want to start another..
2015-2-27
Use props
franknesss
lvl.2

United States

AcesAreWld Posted at 2015-2-28 02:11
Were you able to upgrade your transmitter units? I cannot get mine to upgrade no matter what I try ...

I'm an idiot. I didn't update the remote. I'm doing it now, hopefully that will fix the issue.
2015-2-27
Use props
AcesAreWld
lvl.2

United States

I have tried putting the BIN file on a USB Stick formatted FAT as well as formatted ExFAT, I tried using the Micro-SD card in a USB to Micro-SD adapter, and I tried using the Inspire 1 camera as an SD reader and USB cable to the remote. None triggered a firmware upgrade on either my master nor my place remote.

Let us know your results after upgrading your transmitter...
2015-2-27
Use props
stevemckay15.ho
lvl.3
Flight distance : 327352 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don't forget ppl when upgrading 2 remotes >>  Delete automatically generated .txt files (xxx_GS.TXT in the SD cards when upgrading multiple remote controller...
2015-2-27
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

Please read this.  This basically explains everything.
Screen Shot 2015-02-27 at 1.32.41 PM.png
2015-2-27
Use props
drayton_k
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Updated both the craft and the remote without a problem. The craft update took maybe 10 minutes at most, and the remote maybe 5 minutes. Test flew it tonight and everything is fine, no problem whatsoever.
2015-2-27
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

AcesAreWld Posted at 2015-2-28 01:49
I can't believe it, I think this update bricked my Inspire.  I did the upgrade - the craft beeped fo ...

I hope that your bird will be ok! I really hate to hear this.
2015-2-27
Use props
garyianschwartz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 132894 ft
United Kingdom

how can you tell what version firmware is installed, I only got mine yesterday so new to this process
2015-2-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules