DJI Lightbridge HDMI to SDI Convertion Problem
6702 27 2014-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
amirhamdani
New

United Arab Emirates

Hello,
  I have the Dji Phantom 2 with GoPro and Lightbridge.
  I'm trying to connect the lightbridge to a Video Mixer Over a Blackmagic HDMI to SDI Converter but without success.   

I have seen that the last version of the lightbridge support the HDMI to SDI convertors.  

Did anyone tried to make that kind of Setup ?

Thank you

2014-10-9
Use props
DJI-Tenna
lvl.2

China

Hi Sir,  please kindly send in your LB to us for a look.
2014-10-9
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please try the new firmware before sending it back.  The firmware promotes greater compatibility with HDMI devices.  In the prior versions of the Lightbridge firmware the BlackMagic HDMI-SDI converter was not supported.  I have successfully used a MissingLink 3G-HD-SD converter that was provided by the production company.  Lightbridge to a slave ground unit to the converter to multiple locations on the media wall.  
2014-10-14
Use props
amirhamdani
New

United Arab Emirates

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-10-15 07:03
Please try the new firmware before sending it back.  The firmware promotes greater compatibility wit ...

Thank you for your reply.
Yes we did try the new firmware update and still not working with the Blackmagic HDMI to SDI converter.
Are you sure about the MissingLink 3G-HD-SD ? I have checked the price and its around 550 USD, I can not put that amount just to test it
Can you please tell me what resolution did you got at the SDI output ? is it 720 or 1080 ....
Thank you so much.
2014-10-19
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

The unit belonged to the production company.  I was outputting at 1080i.  
2014-10-19
Use props
Paulo Paulino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2774265 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Anyone knows any other HDMI to SDI that works?
Is there any list of HDMI to SDI converters that are supported from the LB?
Thanks.
2014-11-4
Use props
jhosuer
New

Panama

amirhamdani Posted at 2014-10-20 11:36
Thank you for your reply.
Yes we did try the new firmware update and still not working with the Bl ...

hello, did it work for you with the Missinglink 3G-HD-SD and the slave LB ground unit?
thank you.
2014-11-12
Use props
jhosuer
New

Panama

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-10-15 07:03
Please try the new firmware before sending it back.  The firmware promotes greater compatibility wit ...

Greetings,
is there any guarantee by DJI that the video conversion (HDMI-SDI) will take place  if i purchase both lightbridges master and slave as well as the MissingLink 3G-HD-SD converter and updating the new firmware for the video conversion HDMI-SDI?

Thank you.
Josh
2014-11-12
Use props
DJI-MS
lvl.2

China

Actually you don't need to use the converter that may probably cause this kind of problem. Just use the HDMI. : )
2014-11-13
Use props
shawn
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

The issue is that the hdmi signal coming out of lightbridge is encrypted. We provided aerial livestream for a recent concert in Atlanta and had the same issues when trying to convert to SDI then go into the video switcher. We ended up finding a cheap device on amazon.com that strips the encryption then from there we went into the sdi converter then to the video switcher.
2014-11-17
Use props
cates.mj
lvl.1
United States

shawn,
What did you find on amazon that does it.  Can you post link?
2014-11-18
Use props
rene
New

Panama

shawn@remedyfil Posted at 2014-11-18 07:21
The issue is that the hdmi signal coming out of lightbridge is encrypted. We provided aerial livestr ...

Shawn, can you be so kind and let us know what device you found in amazon?
2014-11-18
Use props
shawn
lvl.1

United States

rene@aerocam507 Posted at 2014-11-19 09:46

Here is the link. The description doesn't say anything about stripping the encryption but I promise you it will work.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003UYO ... p_awd_9u4Bub0D185GW
2014-11-22
Use props
titorolon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4131 ft
Spain

shawn@remedyfil Posted at 2014-11-22 23:09
Here is the link. The description doesn't say anything about stripping the encryption but I promis ...

I have the same device, and it works; also I have this HDMI to 3G-SDI converter, that also works

http://www.cablematic.es/buscado ... da-dual/HC82/?pag=2
2014-11-22
Use props
ad
lvl.1
France

Personally i think that not all LB are equal with their hdmi port signal.

LAslty i tried 4 LB with all of them updated to latest firmware and 2 were working well with several hdmi to SDI converter whereas the other 2 never got working with exact same setup.

I'll buy the amazon thing and let you know if that changes anything.
2014-11-24
Use props
wissam_ayoub
New

United Arab Emirates

Hi Guys,
LB is not outputting 1080i50 when using HDMI to SDI converter on a broadcast monitor screen what so ever!
it only outputs:
720p60 on realtime mode,
1080p60 on full HD mode 50Hz,
1080i60 on full HD mode 60Hz,

Strange isn't it??

Note:
LB outputs 1080i50 as a charm from the HDMI directly to a consumer TV screen but not to the converter.

Any ideas?
thank you guys,

my setup:
Phantom 2,
Gopro hero 3+ Black,
Lightbridge with latest firmware 1013,
LYNXTTechnik Yellobrik CHD 1802 HDMI to SDI converter,
2014-11-25
Use props
zellevision
lvl.1

Sweden

Yes it does if you set it to "realtime", atleast for us, 1080 50i
2014-11-28
Use props
david.michaud.e
New

France

The issue is that the hdmi signal coming out of lightbridge is encrypted. We provided aerial livestr ...

Hi,

what is this device please ???

Thank you so much
2015-1-23
Use props
david.michaud.e
New

France

Hi,

Thank you so much
2015-1-23
Use props
david.michaud.e
New

France

david.michaud.e Posted at 2015-1-23 22:45
Hi,

Someone can confirm me that with this device it's working ???

Thanks a lot
2015-1-23
Use props
david.michaud.e
New

France

wissam_ayoub@ei Posted at 2014-11-25 22:52
Hi Guys,
LB is not outputting 1080i50 when using HDMI to SDI converter on a broadcast monitor screen ...

Bonjour,

A tu trouvé une solution à ton problème ? car j'utilise aussi le convertisseur CHD 1802 de chez Yellow brik (j'ai également essayé un decimator, blackmagic et aja en vain).
2015-1-23
Use props
ad.studioartifi
lvl.1
France

wissam_ayoub@ei Posted at 2014-11-25 22:52
Hi Guys,
LB is not outputting 1080i50 when using HDMI to SDI converter on a broadcast monitor screen ...

Bonjour,

A tu trouvé une solution à ton problème ?

Hello I own 4 Lightbridge unit all updated with latest firmware. I have tested all signal converter on the market from AJA, BM and chinese crap.

After many different test there is no real explaination it's just that 2 of my unit sends a working signal to the SDI converter when the other 2 sends a signal that isn't recognize. The 2 faulty unit however diplay well on monitor as 1080 50i. Using the monitor loop doesn't help them being recognize by the hdmi/sdi converter.

In definitive after hundred of hours of testing they're nothing you can do to fix the non recognized signal.

Serial number gives no indication that later release have better result and the pb is completely random.

The only thing i'm sure is that the pb comes from GROUND UNIT ONLY as i paired all air/ground in different ways and the pb was clearly not from the air unit.

I also suspect as there is no logical reaso of why some unit works whereas some other don't that it's an HARDWARE pb of the ground unit having a poor hdmi ouptut signal but i have no proof of this.

It's probable that a next upgrade of ground unit may help increase the quality of hdmi output signal and improve compatibilty but to me there's no other solution than ask for replacement and pray you get a good unit.

All test were performed at 720 & 1080 50i. Someone stated above that the pb does not exists at 60i i'll see if it's true and get back here soon.
2015-1-31
Use props
ad.studioartifi
lvl.1
France

2014-11-22 23:09
rene@aerocam507 Posted at 2014-11-19 09:46

Here is the link. The description doesn't say anything about stripping the encryption but I promise you it will work.

BTW i tried this one as well as many other does not change anything
2015-1-31
Use props
ad.studioartifi
lvl.1
France

up on this

So to make everything complete i tried all settings with 60i in 720&1080 no better result with the non working unit.

SO to sum  if you're experiencing pb with SDI convertier be aware that some unit  may work in the exact same configuration while some others don't.

Don't waste your time in testing send it back to DJI.
2015-2-11
Use props
reustaquio
New

Brazil

Does anyone have success in convert the LB HDMI signal to SDI for live broadcast pourposes ? :@
2015-2-25
Use props
tahoejmfc
lvl.1

United States

no, you prolly need to send you LB unit back with the SDI converter you plan on using
2015-2-25
Use props
DJI-Jackson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51243 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

reustaquio@live Posted at 2015-2-26 05:11
Does anyone have success in convert the LB HDMI signal to SDI for live broadcast pourposes ?

Hi, Sir.

Please contact to our local dealer for repairment if your LB can not work with HDMI to SDI converter. Make sure the fireware are updated to newest ones.
2015-2-26
Use props
adrianchiste
lvl.2

Argentina

hdmi to sdi converter that supports LB? Thx
2015-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules