Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Turn Mavic on with gimbal clamp
2161 8 2017-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TAiS46
New

Thailand

Hi there,

at the moment I need to download the files from the SD Card with the Micro USB Cable connected to the drone.
Do I need to remove the gimbal clamp before turning the Mavic on?

Thanks
Simon
2017-3-29
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

Yes TAiS46, always remove the clamp before powering on the drone.
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-29
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bunny is correct.  It puts extra strain on that gimbal.  Remove it before every power up.
2017-3-29
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I take it you already know that you could instead just remove the SD card itself. Plugging the SD card directly into your computer is generally a much faster way to transfer content and if you do it that way you don't have to bother with removing the clamp and turning on the drone.
2017-3-29
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

I agree with DroneFlying  above statement
As for the removal of the gimbal clamp , it is good practice to remove it B4 power up of AC
always, even though I hear it does not damage the gimbal --- why cause more ware + tare
2017-3-29
Use props
TAiS46
New

Thailand

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-3-29 04:17
I take it you already know that you could instead just remove the SD card itself. Plugging the SD card directly into your computer is generally a much faster way to transfer content and if you do it that way you don't have to bother with removing the clamp and turning on the drone.

Yes I know this but I didn't have an adapter at the moment. I can only read non micro sd card.
2017-3-29
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

TAiS46 Posted at 2017-3-29 06:17
Yes I know this but I didn't have an adapter at the moment. I can only read non micro sd card.

Yes I know this.

I thought you might but wasn't sure since you asked a pretty basic question about the gimbal clamp.
2017-3-29
Use props
Flyboyz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142615 ft
Singapore

Its good practice to remove gimbal clamp when power up Mavic as not to put strain to the gimbal.
2017-3-29
Use props
Burmman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182142 ft
United States

I have forgotten to remove it twice since I purchased my Mavic. I ordered a remove before flight flag online so I will remember to do so.
2017-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules