Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spare part for Inspire 2
12Next >
4085 46 2017-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sky High View 9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 211001 ft
United Kingdom

Hi there, I had the misfortune of having a 'freak' accident with my brand new Inspire 2.  It struck the floor from only a few feet high and unfortunately one of the plastic legs broke near to one of the motors. I have since sent the I2 off to an authorised DJI repair centre for repair (This is in the UK)  I have since been informed that I will have to have a full new  'Arm' fitted which I totally understand and accept. The problem I am finding is that after 3 weeks ,the repair centre is telling me that they have still not received the new 'arm' from the supplier (Which I think is possibly in another part of Europe-maybes Amsterdam or somewhere else)   Can anyone here advise if there is anywhere else that could be recommended for acquiring the spare parts as I am now concerned that this waiting could go on for a few more weeks or longer. I realise that the I2 is very new but there must be 'spare parts' available somewhere that can be bought and sent to the UK . Thanks in advance for any advice ,I am sure you can understand the trauma incurred of spending so much money on something new  then having its use whipped away  and then having to wait for ages to get it fixed. Thanks
2017-3-29
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Sorry to hear about your mishap.

Unfortunately, it is typically difficult to get spare parts relatively early into a product's life cycle.

This is generally an issue with any company but DJI is a little slow.

There are no companies other than those taking intact machines and then stripping them down for parts to sell at a premium.
2017-3-29
Use props
Sky High View 9
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for reply Mike, that was my concern.  I suppose I will just have to sit it out and wait.  I have a phantom 4 that I can use just now but I had put so many hopes (not to mention the money) into getting the I2 that its demoralising when this sort of thing happens. Once again, thanks for reply.
2017-3-30
Use props
allanart
First Officer
Flight distance : 1050577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried Heliguy (https://www.heliguy.com)?
I don't know what level of spares holding they have, but I have found them to be very helpful..
Good luck!
Allan
2017-3-30
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Sky High View 9 Posted at 2017-3-30 00:08
Thanks for reply Mike, that was my concern.  I suppose I will just have to sit it out and wait.  I have a phantom 4 that I can use just now but I had put so many hopes (not to mention the money) into getting the I2 that its demoralising when this sort of thing happens. Once again, thanks for reply.

The first people who get spare parts are Hong Kong companies. Stick with DJI's official support sites wherever you are. Despite complaints on this forum, I've found them (at least the unit in Shenzhen) to be technically sound and reasonably prompt.

Sorry about the wait but we've all been there and in the end, your attitude will keep you happy for longer
2017-3-30
Use props
SerSigal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369652 ft
Italy

Hi Sky High View 9! Similar problem from Italy.

On February 23 my inspire2 was sent to the Italian importer to be repaired. They could not do anything so it have been sent in Holland.
Yesterday I received confirmation from Holland that they can fix it. Avoid other possibilities, it seems that the only way is the European dji center in Holland.

I hope to be helpfull to fix it faster.
2017-3-30
Use props
Sky High View 9
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-3-30 01:35
The first people who get spare parts are Hong Kong companies. Stick with DJI's official support sites wherever you are. Despite complaints on this forum, I've found them (at least the unit in Shenzhen) to be technically sound and reasonably prompt.

Sorry about the wait but we've all been there and in the end, your attitude will keep you happy for longer

Thanks Mike, I will stick it out ,  the drone repairer I am using is trying to get the part from DJI Holland so hopefully I will see some progress soon,cheers
2017-3-30
Use props
Sky High View 9
lvl.1
United Kingdom

SerSigal Posted at 2017-3-30 02:07
Hi Sky High View 9! Similar problem from Italy.

On February 23 my inspire2 was sent to the Italian importer to be repaired. They could not do anything so it have been sent in Holland.

Thanks Sersigal, the drone repairer I am using is trying to get the part from DJI Holland so hopefully it wont be too much longer(Its been 3 weeks so far but seems like longer) . best regards
2017-3-30
Use props
Sky High View 9
lvl.1
United Kingdom

allanart Posted at 2017-3-30 00:33
Have you tried Heliguy (https://www.heliguy.com)?
I don't know what level of spares holding they have, but I have found them to be very helpful..
Good luck!

Thanks allanart,'Heliguy' are not too far away from me and I have sent them an enquiry e mail (Aswell as a few others) to see how they stand about getting the part. The repairer I am using is trying to get the part from DJI Holland but when they said (After 3 weeks ) that the part hadn't been shipped I was losing faith. I will give it another 2 weeks and see what other repairers can do about getting the part.
2017-3-30
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Sky High View 9 Posted at 2017-3-30 03:16
Thanks allanart,'Heliguy' are not too far away from me and I have sent them an enquiry e mail (Aswell as a few others) to see how they stand about getting the part. The repairer I am using is trying to get the part from DJI Holland but when they said (After 3 weeks ) that the part hadn't been shipped I was losing faith. I will give it another 2 weeks and see what other repairers can do about getting the part.

One of the moderators will shortly ask you for your ticket number. (this is what they tend to do). We keep this thread active and like bees, they will come to this flower. Good to be patient though. Even 'expedited' cases can take awhile but at least they will move you along the queue..
2017-3-30
Use props
Sky High View 9
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi folks again, still dangling and no closer to getting a result. Its about 8 weeks since my earlier post and the company (In England)who stated they would repair my 'Inspire 2' are still waiting for the part from DJI. Its a 'full arm' which is needed. Is there any reason why DJI would not be sending out spare parts like this to their authorised repairers. The company have told me that they have received some parts from DJI but not the part needed. I would have thought that because the plastic 'leg' is so fragile that there would be a lots of 'spare legs' needed etc.  I have sent DJI support a few e mails and was advised to send an e mail to DJI Europe which I did but strangely I received an e mail (To be honest it was like reading an encrypted message) and it informed me to send an e mail to DJI Europe which I had but strangely the e mail reply appeared to come from the main support office. I checked my e mails and I had deffo sent the e mail to DJI Europe as it was a link I had been sent from the main office. I would really appreciate some advice / help with this as all I am asking is to get my Drone fixed  for payment-I am not asking for anything free,just to get it fixed and move on. I must say, when I paid for the I2 , there was no problem there,that was very quick and smooth...
If anyone knows of any repairers in the UK who have the 'legs' now and can do the repairs could you please let me know ,many thanks.
2017-5-24
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Breaking a plastic leg will end up of repairing the boom arm. Wow, it sounds like that it will be a costly mistake. Could you share a photo of the broken leg so that I2 owners are more aware of the circumstance.
2017-5-24
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
Singapore

DTK Posted at 2017-5-24 15:59
Breaking a plastic leg will end up of repairing the boom arm. Wow, it sounds like that it will be a costly mistake. Could you share a photo of the broken leg so that I2 owners are more aware of the circumstance.

Don't exaggerate. On the Inspire 1, the legs are separate parts from the boom. I expect this to be so for the Inspire 2 as well. DJI Mindy usually responds to these posts but she's missing here. I wonder why.
2017-5-24
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Australia

I am confused. Is your repairer going to replace "a full new arm" or a plastic leg?
2017-5-24
Use props
Sky High View 9
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi, yes a very costly mistake but a really good learning experience. It has been about 12 weeks since it happened so please excuse me for adding some humour to my tale of what happened. Believe me, when it happened the shock had me 'stunned' and luckily no one was with me to see my 'pain'.  Here we go, " I ordered the I2 after much deliberation and eventually convincing my wife that I 'needed' the upgrade (From my P4) so I could produce high quality videos. The waiting for delivery seemed like months when in fact it was only about 2 days from a local dealer(UK). You know how the next bit goes,'The unboxing and finally the opening of the 'DJI Case'. The anticipation and excitement after watching all the promo videos (I think the same one over and over again :-) and then when you finally see it ,WOW !, its a work of art, its a beauty, its fantastic  etc. The thoughts of even one dead bug or tiny bit of mud getting onto its 'shell' is unthinkable ............   Well, the weather had been dismal and it was 4 days until the maiden flight so I did all the tests, checked FW ,all the other stuff etc so when the first day of decent weather came I was ready.   Then the big mistake I made was this, because it was brand new and I wanted to keep its 'little feet' clean I thought I would use a 'Brand new' Take off / Landing mat .............. little did I know that within about 3 seconds of a nice smooth, successful 'Take off' that the wind from the props would lift a corner of the mat then a small 'gust' of natural wind from the side would blow the mat from the ground and into the props.....  everything dropped to the ground in a huddled mess. (This all happened within a nano second, no chance for evasive action) Then I had to watch my brand new I2 upside down, squirming around on the gravel and mud until I could knock off the engines.  I could see that there was lots of prop pieces smashed all over the ground but when I went in to examine things ,I could see that one of the legs had completely snapped(See attached pic)".  The lesson I learnt and what I do now is place medium size weights to all four corners of the TO/Landing mat . And to think ,the I2 was only about 3 feet high when it fell to the ground so it doesn't take much to break the 'Plastic' legs.
To answer the queries , the company who are going to repair it have told me that because the whole boom arm/ legs are all bonded together, it has to have the whole arm changed. I was quoted about £500 . Like I said earlier, excuse the humour attached to my tale but I have had to look at this as a vital learning experience as I paid £4500 (Including the X5s) and it would be very easy to get very down and negative about this- at least no one got hurt and at the end of the day I will get it back fixed someday-just dunno when !!
Link to picture on msn onedrive:
2017-5-25
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Australia

Sky High View 9 Posted at 2017-5-25 00:31
Hi, yes a very costly mistake but a really good learning experience. It has been about 12 weeks since it happened so please excuse me for adding some humour to my tale of what happened. Believe me, when it happened the shock had me 'stunned' and luckily no one was with me to see my 'pain'.  Here we go, " I ordered the I2 after much deliberation and eventually convincing my wife that I 'needed' the upgrade (From my P4) so I could produce high quality videos. The waiting for delivery seemed like months when in fact it was only about 2 days from a local dealer(UK). You know how the next bit goes,'The unboxing and finally the opening of the 'DJI Case'. The anticipation and excitement after watching all the promo videos (I think the same one over and over again :-) and then when you finally see it ,WOW !, its a work of art, its a beauty, its fantastic  etc. The thoughts of even one dead bug or tiny bit of mud getting onto its 'shell' is unthinkable ............   Well, the weather had been dismal and it was 4 days until the maiden flight so I did all the tests, checked FW ,all the other stuff etc so when the first day of decent weather came I was ready.   Then the big mistake I made was this, because it was brand new and I wanted to keep its 'little feet' clean I thought I would use a 'Brand new' Take off / Landing mat .............. little did I know that within about 3 seconds of a nice smooth, successful 'Take off' that the wind from the props would lift a corner of the mat then a small 'gust' of natural wind from the side would blow the mat from the ground and into the props.....  everything dropped to the ground in a huddled mess. (This all happened within a nano second, no chance for evasive action) Then I had to watch my brand new I2 upside down, squirming around on the gravel and mud until I could knock off the engines.  I could see that there was lots of prop pieces smashed all over the ground but when I went in to examine things ,I could see that one of the legs had completely snapped(See attached pic)".  The lesson I learnt and what I do now is place medium size weights to all four corners of the TO/Landing mat . And to think ,the I2 was only about 3 feet high when it fell to the ground so it doesn't take much to break the 'Plastic' legs.
To answer the queries , the company who are going to repair it have told me that because the whole boom arm/ legs are all bonded together, it has to have the whole arm changed. I was quoted about £500 . Like I said earlier, excuse the humour attached to my tale but I have had to look at this as a vital learning experience as I paid £4500 (Including the X5s) and it would be very easy to get very down and negative about this- at least no one got hurt and at the end of the day I will get it back fixed someday-just dunno when !!
Link to picture on msn onedrive:

don't see your link for the picture. Really want to know how the plastic leg is bonded to the arm and hence cost you an arm and a leg, no punt intended
2017-5-25
Use props
Sky High View 9
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DTK Posted at 2017-5-25 15:59
don't see your link for the picture. Really want to know how the plastic leg is bonded to the arm and hence cost you an arm and a leg, no punt intended

It appears that the little square box  is the icon for the link, dunno what system they use for links on here but when I wrote the link address,it changed into the little square box. I have just clicked on the little square box and it worked. Hope it works for you.
2017-5-26
Use props
Sky High View 9
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Doesn't appear to be any constructive advice coming my way from any Dji personnel so I will move on, I will get it repaired eventually or it could make a good handheld camera I suppose, much less hassle. I know one thing for sure, I wont be buying any more drones. The amount of hassle and legal bumph just isn't worth it ......
2017-5-28
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Australia

Sky High View, the little square did not lead me any where to download the photo. I am not sure whether you can send by PM. Since I have not seen your photo, I don't know exactly the damage to the AC. However, you can always bond them back by using superglue or 2 part epoxy that glue plastic and metal together. I have fixed my X3 gimbal arm by using 2 part epoxy. It is very strong glue. The gimbal was cracked after falling from 35m after caught up with a tree branch. The plastic leg has no critical function for flying. For landing you only need to make sure the leg is structural sound for the impact when landing. ie it is really not much you land properly. So you always can help yourself if no other assistance comes forward. Also check youtube, on how to fix.
2017-5-28
Use props
allanart
First Officer
Flight distance : 1050577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's a very sad story Sky High View 9, I feel for you!
For what its worth, I bought a large rubberized mat from Homebase - its intended for use in a indoor gym (weight-lifting etc.). Its a little more cumbersome but certainly wont get caught-up in the prop-wash!
I know exactly how you feel about the somewhat cryptic messages from DJI Support - they really ought to be able to communicate better!
Hope you get the machine repaired soon!  
Regards
Allan
2017-5-29
Use props
Sky High View 9
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DTK Posted at 2017-5-28 14:56
Sky High View, the little square did not lead me any where to download the photo. I am not sure whether you can send by PM. Since I have not seen your photo, I don't know exactly the damage to the AC. However, you can always bond them back by using superglue or 2 part epoxy that glue plastic and metal together. I have fixed my X3 gimbal arm by using 2 part epoxy. It is very strong glue. The gimbal was cracked after falling from 35m after caught up with a tree branch. The plastic leg has no critical function for flying. For landing you only need to make sure the leg is structural sound for the impact when landing. ie it is really not much you land properly. So you always can help yourself if no other assistance comes forward. Also check youtube, on how to fix.

Hi DTK, I will try send picture by PM . The damage is to the actual 'leg'  that is attached to the 'Arm boom' that holds one of the motors so renders the drone totally 'unflyable'.  All the wires are intact and the motor still works but with it being a complete 'fracture' it will need a total new 'Boom arm'. (Thats what I am advised by at least two repairers due to the fact that the plastic 'leg end' is a solid bond and not detachable) I have tried adding the link again to see if this one works.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ah4XjsIqZSW7gfE5MIjyzlYC6zeIgA
2017-5-30
Use props
Sky High View 9
lvl.1
United Kingdom

allanart Posted at 2017-5-29 04:06
That's a very sad story Sky High View 9, I feel for you!
For what its worth, I bought a large rubberized mat from Homebase - its intended for use in a indoor gym (weight-lifting etc.). Its a little more cumbersome but certainly wont get caught-up in the prop-wash!
I know exactly how you feel about the somewhat cryptic messages from DJI Support - they really ought to be able to communicate better!

Thanks Allan, yes , the mat you have bought should do the trick.  I thought I had covered all the risks etc in my pre-flight checks etc but was caught out by the one thing I had not considered or had been warned about. The take off / landing mat I used appeared 'heavy duty' but obviously the I2 is a much more powerful machine than I had thought. It wont happen again !!  I suppose every flight is a learning experience and shows that we can never relax for one minute.
2017-5-30
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Australia

Sky High View, thanks for the photo. Yes,  it is not the leg, it is the boom arm. Unfortunately, the repair will be expensive. And it is better to play it safe to fix it properly. I am really sorry to see that.
2017-5-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We feel so sorry for your unpleasant experience.
Could you please provide me the contact info of the authorized repair center where you sent the I2 for repair?
You can try to PM me the info so we can help you look into it and check what we can do for you, thanks.
2017-5-30
Use props
Sky High View 9
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-30 18:23
We feel so sorry for your unpleasant experience.
Could you please provide me the contact info of the authorized repair center where you sent the I2 for repair?
You can try to PM me the info so we can help you look into it and check what we can do for you, thanks.

Thanks Natalia, much appreciate your response, I will send the details by PM. Only this week we had agreed that my best ( and probably only ) option was to send it off to Dji Netherlands for repair.
2017-6-6
Use props
Sky High View 9
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DTK Posted at 2017-5-30 14:51
Sky High View, thanks for the photo. Yes,  it is not the leg, it is the boom arm. Unfortunately, the repair will be expensive. And it is better to play it safe to fix it properly. I am really sorry to see that.

Cheers DTK, yes the drone is being sent off to DJI Netherlands very soon by the repair company I sent it to ,hopefully wont take too many weeks before its back.
2017-6-6
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Australia

Keep us in the loop how it goes as there needs a lot of improvements for DJI to provide satisfactory customer services. I also am a newbie and learning the intricacy of flying a drone. Unfortunately, accident will happen and I had my fair share too. My I1 clipped a very tall tree at 35M and fell from its grace on top of a pile of leaves and debris. It had survived the crash with a broken prop and cracked gimbal arm. The prop was replaced and the cracked gimbal arm was glued back. In this hobby/small business, one needs to also learn how to improvise and fix whatever problems.
2017-6-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sky High View 9 Posted at 2017-6-6 10:41
Thanks Natalia, much appreciate your response, I will send the details by PM. Only this week we had agreed that my best ( and probably only ) option was to send it off to Dji Netherlands for repair.

I received your message and replied it, please help confirm more details if convenient, thank you very much, we'll try our best to help you get it addressed.
2017-6-7
Use props
Sky High View 9
lvl.1
United Kingdom

As a conclusion for this thread I am pleased to say it is a happy one. I got my I2 back today and although I knew that a few parts had been replaced with new parts I was still really impressed that it looked brand new all over. The total price including collection and delivery by the drone repair company who sent it off to DJI Europe for fixing was £562.82. Although a hefty repair bill I am very relieved to get it back in brand new condition and can now hopefully enjoy using it . Safe flying everyone and thanks for your comments.
2017-7-14
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

$30 on ebay.........
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Inspire-2-RC-Camera-Drone-Spare-Part-14-Landing-Gear-1-pc-US-Dealer-/162522259257?hash=item25d714df39:g:vqcAAOSw0hlZH2yv
xxxhx.jpg
2017-7-16
Use props
Sky High View 9
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-7-16 10:56
$30 on ebay.........
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Inspire-2-RC-Camera-Drone-Spare-Part-14-Landing-Gear-1-pc-US-Dealer-/162522259257?hash=item25d714df39:g:vqcAAOSw0hlZH2yv

If only that was where the break was it would have been much easier and less expensive for me. It was the 'Boom arm' that got damaged. There is an attached picture above in 'Post 21' showing the actual broken 'Boom arm'.
2017-7-21
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sky High View 9 Posted at 2017-7-21 14:23
If only that was where the break was it would have been much easier and less expensive for me. It was the 'Boom arm' that got damaged. There is an attached picture above in &aposost 21' showing the actual broken 'Boom arm'.

OUCH!!!
That's ugly. Didn't see that picture before.
Hope that never happens again.... to anyone!!
2017-7-21
Use props
Sky High View 9
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-7-21 15:37
OUCH!!!
That's ugly. Didn't see that picture before.
Hope that never happens again.... to anyone!!

Yes, that was a great learning curve for me. I won't forget the shock of when it happened. I knew straightaway that it wouldn't be a cheap fix.  Onwards and upwards hopefully :-)
2017-7-22
Use props
fans89ec73d1
New
Mexico

Hi,My name is Jonh......Im living exactly the same history..... I am in Mexico,  i crashed my Inspire 2. I ve gotten the complete Arm, but now  I need the speed control. DJI tell me that it spere part doesnt have. What can i do ???
2017-10-10
Use props
fans41f3800c
Captain
Flight distance : 529836 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fixed my own ordered the part from cloud city drones came within a week had it fixed within 10 days the repair was a little difficult but it was way better than waiting 12 weeks for a simple repair I will never send my stuff to DJI their support and service are the worst I’ve ever experienced with any product I’ve ever bought in my life good luck to you
2017-10-10
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Australia

I agree with you. Advance electronics are all modular. When it comes to repair, you only need to diagnose the issue and replace the part. When replacing the parts, you may or may not need specialised tools. But for drones, it only needs common tools. So yeah, you are handy person, you will be way better off to do it yourself. Having the control of time and quality, I think it is the most important. What also helps is that a lot of knowledge can be found on youtube or google.
2017-10-10
Use props
fans89ec73d1
New
Mexico

Gracias a Todos...
He conseguido la pieza (speed control) y lo he arreglado de manera local, No tengan miedo, metanle la mano ustedes mismos.

Desde Mexico, saludos
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans89ec73d1 Posted at 2017-10-10 08:09
Hi,My name is Jonh......Im living exactly the same history..... I am in Mexico,  i crashed my Inspire 2. I ve gotten the complete Arm, but now  I need the speed control. DJI tell me that it spere part doesnt have. What can i do ???

We strongly suggest to send in the drone to repair center for repair, since we will not provide warranty service if there is any damage during unauthorized modification, disassembly.
It is not easy to repair a drone, for the sake of safe flight, please send in at your most convenience.
2017-10-12
Use props
fans41f3800c
Captain
Flight distance : 529836 ft
  • >>>
United States

For the Sake of safe flight? That’s funny .bad propellers bad apps bad electronics a lot of  on answered questions of several crashes. And you take the public for a bunch of uneducated people who are buying your products. Have you ever read the forms that people are talking about with your service department?Yeah I want to send my baby off to some foreign country knowing that I’ll never come back the same. LOL not in my lifetime I’ll take my chances thanks
2017-10-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans41f3800c Posted at 2017-10-14 05:17
For the Sake of safe flight? That’s funny .bad propellers bad apps bad electronics a lot of  on answered questions of several crashes. And you take the public for a bunch of uneducated people who are buying your products. Have you ever read the forms that people are talking about with your service department?Yeah I want to send my baby off to some foreign country knowing that I’ll never come back the same. LOL not in my lifetime I’ll take my chances thanks

We do listen to all the feedback from social media, and we know we have many shortcomings but we are trying our best to keep improving. Please allow us some time.
We apologies for those customers who have unpleasant experience with our products and customer service, hope your experience wit us will be better in the future.
2017-10-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules