23149 67 2017-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyBergen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135820 ft
Netherlands

Griffith Posted at 2017-4-21 05:44
I tried my new S8+ last night.  Worked like a charm.  It was sunset so I didn't fly a thorough test, but I did go about a half mile away, shot some sunsets and RTH'd.  Decided to land manually due to darkness and nearness of roof.

Only glitch was I didn't have the correct cable to connect to the RC (side connector) and had to use an adapter that came with the S8.

In the original package of the Mavic there are 3 connectors: 1- the pre-installed apple connector (because DJI is in love with apple).  2- the micro usb   and a USB c cable. so look back in your original package if it's still there
2017-5-1
Use props
TonyBergen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135820 ft
Netherlands

Griffith Posted at 2017-4-21 05:44
I tried my new S8+ last night.  Worked like a charm.  It was sunset so I didn't fly a thorough test, but I did go about a half mile away, shot some sunsets and RTH'd.  Decided to land manually due to darkness and nearness of roof.

Only glitch was I didn't have the correct cable to connect to the RC (side connector) and had to use an adapter that came with the S8.

In the original package of the Mavic there are 3 connectors: 1- the pre-installed apple connector (because DJI is in love with apple).  2- the micro usb   and a USB c cable. so look back in your original package if it's still there
2017-5-1
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

TonyBergen Posted at 2017-5-1 21:58

Found it. Thanks.  I've been flying with  as Samsung S5 and had left the other cables at home.  I hadn't notices that the connector on the Samsung was different.
2017-5-2
Use props
Mike Mac
New
United States

Just spoke with Mavic tech support Samsung s8 / s8+ are not compatible
2017-5-3
Use props
AmFam-Lee
New
Flight distance : 37408 ft
United States

I have the S8 and it has been working great for the last two weeks. My phone just got an update yesterday a I tried to fly my Mavic and the App keeps crashing saying the current display size is not supported. I have changed the screen setting and it says the same thing. Anybody have this issue? Photo of message
2017-5-3
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

One thing you may need to check. In Settings>Display >Full Screen Apps,   make sure DJI GO 4 is turned off.
2017-5-4
Use props
WhatTheHeli
lvl.1
Flight distance : 461240 ft
  • >>>
United States

It Does....
2017-5-11
Use props
fansd254ebb5
New
Australia

I've had my Mavic for 3 days now (first ever drone), and the app stopped working after my first flight on the GS8+.

Setting up the drone and getting in the air on the first day was flawless, no issues at all. On the second day, the app won't open, I get the error message "DJI Go 4 Has Stopped" before it even starts.

I have reinstalled the app, updated my phone, deleted all files associated with DJI on the device, and made sure it is set to the correct screen size. Nothing works...

The frustrating thing is that nothing changed on my phone between day 1 and day 2, so why doesn't the app work now!

I feel like my only option is to buy Litchi if I want to ever use my brand new drone again. Does anyone know if this affects DJI Care claims?

Very disappointed, I've contacted DJI but their tech support isn't very effective... Any advise would be greatly appreciated as I'm at a bit of a loss here
2017-5-17
Use props
Alonsomujica
New
United States

I have a Galaxy S8 Plus and i was getting the same problems with the app crashing saying the "Display was not supported" so here is what i did to get it to work. First i unistalled the App and delete all the app files in the phone. Then i went to the DJI website and downloaded the App directly from them. Now the app works even if i enable the feature "Full screen" aspect ratio for the app. The only problem i have is that the app will sometimes crash when the drone is on the air. Thanks god for the return home buttom on the controller so i guess it's not fully supported yet so be careful.. Anyways for some reason the version on the android 'Play Store' does not work on Galaxy S8 Phones and if you compare it to how big is the installer file in there to the one on the DJI Site. The one on the DJI Site is a lot bigger.
2017-5-17
Use props
Toomey
New
Australia

Thank you so much. DJI said to use the QR code but I just thought it went to the app store! Since downloading from their website, it at least open again. Will need to see how it performs when flying.
2017-5-18
Use props
fans0be05a35
lvl.1
Czechia

fansd254ebb5 Posted at 2017-5-17 17:00
I've had my Mavic for 3 days now (first ever drone), and the app stopped working after my first flight on the GS8+.

Setting up the drone and getting in the air on the first day was flawless, no issues at all. On the second day, the app won't open, I get the error message "DJI Go 4 Has Stopped" before it even starts.

I don't want to be a bad prophet, but in my case Litchi doesn't work as well. I've S8 and sometimes DJI app doesn't start , sometimes crashes a couple of minutes after.  What's the worst, that in most cases even remote controler stop working and drone is absolutely  uncontrolled. And the same things happen to me with Litchi as well.  Finally, with S8 I'm not able to use my Mavic in no way. DJI support is another sad story. After 10 minutes chat, when I started to think I'm talking with chatbot I was recommended to check if S8 is supported device. Realy great advice, especially when I literaly wrote in my first sentence " Despite I know S8 is not officially supported device, ..."
So be careful with Mavic nad S8 at any case
2017-5-20
Use props
lev_2551
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3953 ft
Italy

Went to Toscany for holiday with my mavic pro and my new Samsung Galaxy S8.
Tried it at home for a short flight and it worked.
Unfortunately here it disconnects randomly after some seconds up to some minutes.
Also the phone drains power from the remote control.

When I connect it via USB-C Cable to the bottom USB-port of the remote control it works much better.
It still drains power, but much less and I had no disconnections for a flight time of 90 minutes.

Hope this helps someone.
2017-5-29
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

It works, and it works for the S7.
2017-5-29
Use props
RobDownUnder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103609 ft
Australia

I have a Mavic and use a Samsung S8 phone. Found that the auto brightness must be turned off and select a suitable brighter setting for out doors. I had read that flight mode was a good idea and have used this. I have done 9 short flights of no more thaqn 5 mins each without issues. Impressed with photo quality. I have never flown RC before, so a total beginner.
2017-7-1
Use props
Spyder3534
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32375 ft
United States

DJI videos are not playing on my S8+
2017-7-5
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Danny-B- Posted at 2017-3-29 10:43
Haha, it's not even out yet. It's still a month till its released properly. Given that the S7 isnt a supported model still (although works fine) i wouldnt get your hopes up too much ... i've attached the specs, you should be able to compare them with the controler size specs to see if it'll fit

Samsung S7 is supported.  http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads   near the bottom of the page where it lists compatible.  Not sure why they haven't updated for 4.1.3, but my Samsung S7 works fine.

Android Version v4.1.2.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.
2017-7-5
Use props
DickDrippy
New
United States

Mike Mac Posted at 2017-5-3 08:08
Just spoke with Mavic tech support Samsung s8 / s8+ are not compatible

lol...liar!! Tech support doesn't exist.
2017-7-5
Use props
RobDownUnder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103609 ft
Australia

I am new to RC flying and have been gradually adding skills and becoming comfortable with the DJI Go4 software on Samsung S8. I have not experienced issues yet.
For those who had initial problems, have these resolved?
Are other users having serious drone crashing issues that some reported in April?
2017-7-6
Use props
fansc2b4dab7
New

South Africa

Does the s8 plus charge the controller?
2017-9-24
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

I will create a new thread with the "screen resolution issue. Check it out.
2017-9-24
Use props
CarlosTheMan
New
United Kingdom

My Samsung S8+ always disconnects the gimbal after short time, not working. DJI should finally check and post an official statement what's their answers to problems and plans
2017-9-28
Use props
JNevs
lvl.1
United States

I just got my s8+ and can't seem to get the provided android cable to fit the phone to connect to the rc. Is there a new cable for it now?
2017-12-28
Use props
fans833ab75c
New
Flight distance : 26 ft
Australia

I have the galaxy s8+ and am thinking of getting mavic pro platnum does anyone have a mavic and fly using this phone and how does it work with Android
2018-1-21
Use props
fans558d6bea
New

India

Hi. I recently bought a samsung galaxy s8 plus. Tried flying my Mavic for the first time using my new phone but it just won't connect. The remote controller does connect to the aircraft but there's no live view (The phone does starts charging). I probably tried all the troubleshooting techinques like
1.) Reinstalling the app.
2.) Changing the connector cable.
3.) Restarting the Remote / aircraft / phone.
4.) Enabling the Developer mode.
5.) Using the QR code on DJI's website to download the DJI Go 4 app.

Please help.
Screenshot_20180126-101812.png
Screenshot_20180126-101939.png
2018-1-25
Use props
cajun
New
Flight distance : 92 ft
United States

fans8a09b16b Posted at 2017-4-20 09:34
Hi All, So I've received My Samsung Galaxy S8+ Today and I can confirm it works 100%:

Does Samsung Galaxy S8+ fit the DJI Mavic controller?

this might be a stupid question but. When I order it, do I have to specify type of plug I need with it. I have a Samsung galaxy s8 active. Only DJI i've seen, the guy had a Iphone.  PS. Your video is cool.
2018-2-1
Use props
Guilherme Braghirolli
New

Brazil

Hello guys.
Just bought a Mavic Pro and thinking about getting a Samsung S8 as well.
I have found lots of incompatibility cases over the internet with those two, but according to the listing below, the Samsung Galaxy S8 is one of the devices supported by DJI.
Considering the incompatibility cases are not that recent, I'd like to know if there was any update to correct those issues or if they are still happening.
2018-5-18
Use props
makattack
lvl.2

I just flew three battery packs through my Mavic Pro connected to my SG-S8 and was fine except for one point where after landing, and putting the controller / phone down, I snagged the USBC cable connected to the phone and it got disconnected. I had to power the Mavic Pro, followed by the controller down in order to have it reconnect. I also had exited the DJI GO app completely for good measure.
2018-5-18
Use props
fans4ee4a121
lvl.3
Canada

It works fine for me
2018-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules