RC FPGA error: Hardware malfunction, please contact customer service for repa...
9337 9 2015-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mark
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Inspire and remote 1 updated fine.

Remote 2 update failed and will not even retry, app reports RC FPGA error: Hardware malfunction, please contact customer service for repairing.

2015-2-27
Use props
Midi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5134951 ft
Germany

May i ask if you tried another stick and update again.

Just put the update on an usb stick and use it in the remote usb port.
No app, just power up the remote and let it try to update.
2015-2-27
Use props
mark
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Yes tried that and nope didn't work, however I found that I had to power the master on then the firmware retried on the slave and it passed this time.
2015-2-27
Use props
mark
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Was nothing to do with the stick the same stick worked in the first remote
2015-2-27
Use props
einar.jenssen
lvl.1

Norway

I have the same issue with mine remote. The first one
2015-2-27
Use props
einar.jenssen
lvl.1

Norway

Same with the second... using a different USB device
2015-2-27
Use props
einar.jenssen
lvl.1

Norway

Left the power off for a while. Formatted the USB stick and tried again. Both controllers now upgraded.... Almost gave me a heart attack
2015-2-27
Use props
mail
New

Kazakhstan

Hi everybody!

I got my firmware upgrade message when tried to fly drone, today. Went back home and followed all the steps as per manual. Drone and Slave RC upgrades went fine. Unfortunately the Master RC upgrade failed and continued to fail whatever I tried, as per other hobbyists tweaks. Nothing really worked. Formatting, Upgrading through either Stick or USB or from Gimbal, my master RC would report error and be flashing red with frequent beeps.  I gave up and set my Slave as Master RC, rebound it with Drone and had a few FPV flights. When I came back home, I tried to set up my former Master as Slave ignoring flashing and beeping red light and then tried again, exactly like:
1. micro stick format from DJI App connected a Master RC,
2. then coppied firmware file to formatted Micro SD again
3. then powered on Master RC
4. then Drone
5. then connected Slave RC though miscro USB cable with Camera/Gimbal
6. powered on Slave and.... at first it would red flash and beep again for some 10-20 seconds and then turn into normal upgrade state (blue leds and quadraple beeps).....

after a bit longer waiting for upgrade progress,  IT WORKED OUT. I could upgrade and make it work my former Master RC as new Slave. Got a great relief since there is no DJI service nereby in Kazakhstan and I ordered my kit among the first customers from US and probably has very frist HW version.

Wish it works for you too, guys
Nurlan (DJI picked up the first part of my mail@nurlan.com as my name )))
PS: Dear DJI guys/moderators:
1. pleaase change my name as Nurlan, for this Forum and
2. do fix your upgrade file to eliminate such flitches when SW upgrade fails, reported as HW problem and forces your customers to exercise warranty replacements of RCs. Obviousely this has something to do with your current SW updrage version behaviour on some of erilier RC HW releases.

2015-3-19
Use props
raju
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116509 ft
India

Hardware malfunction, please contact customer service for repa... soloshan
2016-12-7
Use props
raju
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116509 ft
India

Hardware malfunction, please contact customer service for repa...and camera view
2016-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules