6460 14 2017-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bnewman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6285066 ft
  • >>>
United States

[size=14.6667px]One of my standard capacity batteries for my Phantom 4 Pro is extremely[size=14.6667px] difficult to remove.  It takes prolonged effort with both hands to remove it.  My three other batteries come out with one hand (although one high capacity unit can be stubborn sometimes).

[size=14.6667px]Anyone else experience this?
2017-3-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Are you able to push down the locking clip down enough to feel it release from the aircraft?
2017-3-29
Use props
fansb2edd25e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 736775 ft
United States

I had the same problem with one of my batteries  it's since loosened up.  I used a plastic knife to depress the pattern tab.   It wasn't an elegant solution but it worked
2017-3-29
Use props
tvl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197779 ft
United States

I only have two batteries, but they both are a little difficult to remove. However, I have discovered a method that makes them much easier to remove.

Normally, I have removed the batteries with the drone in the upright position, but I have found that if I turn the drone upside down and then remove the batteries, it is much easier. I don't know if this is because you are depressing the clips differently when inverted or if the battery is in a position that makes removal easier or what the reason may be. I just know that it is easier for ME to get them out. Try it and let us know!
2017-3-29
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansb2edd25e Posted at 2017-3-29 16:16
I had the same problem with one of my batteries  it's since loosened up.  I used a plastic knife to depress the pattern tab.   It wasn't an elegant solution but it worked

Arrgghhh! no, no, no!

There are numerous threads on the differences in housing design of the new high-capacity batteries to the original. I believe that there is a different internal spring in the cap of the new, due to constant spring pressure on the internal cap on the original sometimes leading to a crack in its cap. Evidence of this are the two screws now used on the side of the cap (an internal brace?). End result - the Hi-cap is a snugger fit.

There is a removal technique which works everytime - I'm amazed at how well, in fact. Grasp the battery (in the craft) from behind with both hands - thumbs on the top clip with fingers on the bottom clip - push both in. While holding the battery this way, pivot your wrists out bracing them against the rear legs. That creates a levering action, and the tight battery magically just slides out.

I hope my description makes sense. If you're gripping it as described, you should be able to work out the action anyway...
2017-3-29
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
Netherlands

My original P4P I had when they first came out all 4 batteries were pretty tight, one original P4P battery and three P4
My new replaced P4P all the batteries fit nice with a little movement up and down and easy to get in and out, can do it one handed. also my new one does not have the high pitched wine that my original one had, so DJI must have altered a few things with the design
2017-3-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Under normal conditions, it will eventually loosen up a little.
But those should be tight, opposed to being too loose. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-3-29
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

My wife, who is going to be flying this drone in the Philippines this August, is unable to remove the battery from the drone herself. It's easy for me, but I'm a body builder and have strong hands. For her, it will be a  problem that will prevent her from using the drone. Even my daughter cannot remove the battery. The latching system is just too tight for women to use.
2018-6-7
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

A word of caution. Examine the 10 pin connector on the battery carefully to see if there are any abrasions on the connector (the black plastic), if there are any marks it means that the connector in your phantom and the connector on the battery are not aligned properly. If you have only one battery that is difficult then it is the one on that battery that is out of spec. It will be difficult to remove but, the more important issue is that you can lose your B+ and your Phantom will drop like a rock. Happened to me. Another warning sign is you can turn the battery on while inserted and the LEDs will illuminate but nothing happens, no audio, no Gimbal movement. And my experience was with the 5870 man Battery.
2018-6-7
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

2018-6-7
Use props
bnewman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6285066 ft
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-3-29 17:36
Under normal conditions, it will eventually loosen up a little.
But those should be tight, opposed to being too loose. ;-)

Indeed, it did loosen up over time.
2018-6-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

bnewman Posted at 2018-6-27 18:35
Indeed, it did loosen up over time.

Just insert and remove it gently, so that it stays tight.

RedHotPoker
2018-6-27
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-6-27 19:31
Just insert and remove it gently, so that it stays tight.

I purchased one of those after market charging docks and the P4 Batteries fit tighter than the P4Pv2 Batteries. There is a definite size difference, not by much.
One thing I never do is just snap my battery into the battery compartment, I always hold the clips together slide it in, release the clips , then pull on the battery to make sure it's securely seated. The P4 batteries fit like they were brand new.
2018-6-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

ATJ Posted at 2018-6-28 04:42
I purchased one of those after market charging docks and the P4 Batteries fit tighter than the P4Pv2 Batteries. There is a definite size difference, not by much.
One thing I never do is just snap my battery into the battery compartment, I always hold the clips together slide it in, release the clips , then pull on the battery to make sure it's securely seated. The P4 batteries fit like they were brand new.

I would do as you are, and treat those flight packs to kid glove handling...

RedHotPoker
2018-6-28
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Did you drop the battery?
2018-6-28
Use props
Advanced