Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Advice
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frost
lvl.1
Flight distance : 196299 ft
United States

Im about to buy a new device to power drone....any suggestions on which tablet/ipad to buy? Im not sure what the specs should be
2017-3-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It really depends on whether you want iOS or Android. There is a supported device list on the spec page of any aircraft you have.
2017-3-29
Use props
Frost
lvl.1
Flight distance : 196299 ft
United States

I believe I'm going with Samsung Galaxy tab A ....thanks for your robotic, obvious and straight forward answer. I was merely looking for opinions and experiences of others....ya know this a forum. But anyhow thanks
2017-3-29
Use props
JBinFla
lvl.1
United States

I like the iOS devices, but as I understand iOS vs Android is like the Ford vs Chevy thing (we all know Ford is better, but tell our friends they're Chevy's are just fine)   LOL that's a joke I like both.

I'm an iOS guy myself, I like the iPad mini.  DJI GO 4 needs at least a Mini 2.  It may work with full size iPad but I don't think it'll fit in the mount on your controller so you might need to buy something if you want the full size tablet.  Also if you get iOS, get the one with cellular connection so you can have GPS/real-time maps.
2017-3-29
Use props
k2d2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79 ft
United States

What is a good editing software to use for video with music ?
2017-3-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Using an iPad Air2 64gb Cellular. It's been stellar and completely trouble free.

Quite the little work horse, for sure...

RedHotPoker
2017-3-29
Use props
Mitcon
lvl.1
Australia

Frost Posted at 2017-3-29 16:20
I believe I'm going with Samsung Galaxy tab A ....thanks for your robotic, obvious and straight forward answer. I was merely looking for opinions and experiences of others....ya know this a forum. But anyhow thanks

I'm using a Samsung Tab A (8in) and it works ok, there is slight video lag but not enough to bother me. Just not as smooth as with my phone but the 8in screen is nice and it's really not that bad, still certainly useable and good for flying. Least mine has been
2017-3-29
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Tab A will be a bit slow.. I personally use nvidia shield k1, but u need to keep it on android 5, or 6 at most. 7 breaks things. Honestly people love ipad minis...  I dislike IOS, but... I am tempted to convert just for that one device.. seems like way less issues with compatibility....
2017-3-29
Use props
andreylb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68136 ft
Brazil

I used both and no problems so far (I use with a $100 dollar android phone, it's crazy, but reliable). The IOS have more functions. I have the Ipad Mini 4 32gb 4g(for gps and map on the go), looks better and is prettier. At the end of the day, is only about the money you want to expend.
2017-3-30
Use props
endotherm
Captain
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Frost Posted at 2017-3-29 16:20

Including a statement like "Im not sure what the specs should be" in your initial question comes across as though you are unaware of a recommended devices list etc.  So any "obvious" "robotic" answers are to be expected and completely appropriate.  On the other hand if you had asked for recommendations or experiences of forum members you would have got the advice you were looking for, and could have avoided appearing rude to DJI-Jamie.
2017-3-30
Use props
TPVAerials
lvl.4

United States

endotherm Posted at 2017-3-30 03:50
Including a statement like "Im not sure what the specs should be" in your initial question comes across as though you are unaware of a recommended devices list etc.  So any "obvious" "robotic" answers are to be expected and completely appropriate.  On the other hand if you had asked for recommendations or experiences of forum members you would have got the advice you were looking for, and could have avoided appearing rude to DJI-Jamie.

100% Agree!
Also, Frost made a decision within a day, before he even received any replies...
2017-3-30
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56 ft
United States

k2d2 Posted at 2017-3-29 17:06
What is a good editing software to use for video with music ?

There's a post on this already. But I have used Cyberlink Power Director for the past 5-6 years. Very simple to use and pretty cheap. You can find copies on Ebay for under $50. Add video. Add transitions. Add music. Add voice. Add subtitles. Uploads directly to YT or Facebook.
2017-3-30
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56 ft
United States

On thing to add on the OP. When you ask a question like, "What tablet should I use?", you might also want to add a few things to make it easier for others to reply and make suggestions. Otherwise, the sky's the limit. For example: "Guys, I'm looking at getting a new tablet to use with my P3S. I had a Galaxy note, but I don't like how slow it was. I don't want to spend over $300 either. Any suggestions?"

If you don't give ideas on what you like, it's hard to make suggestions. I can't imagine going to a car forum and ask, "What car should I get?".
2017-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules