Litchi and Mavic Pro
4838 21 2017-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
usere7a04e8b35
lvl.2
United States

I have seen a couple of posts about problems with the Litchi App and the Mavic. Right on their Facebook page there's a little warning about problems with the Mavic. Does anyone have any updates on the status of this problem? I have a bunch of flying that I want to do in the next couple of days and the enhanced waypoint mode would be very useful.
2017-3-29
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I don't believe that waypoint missions are affected, but in any case it's the latest Mavic firmware (v01.03.0500) that broke Litchi, so one option is to downgrade to the prior firmware version (v01.03.0400).
2017-3-29
Use props
81SFORLIFE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 313281 ft
United States

I use Litchi a good bit. I've done regular flying around FPV, Waypoints, 360 Panorama shots, and orbits. Those are the 4 main modes I use.
2017-3-29
Use props
usere7a04e8b35
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the feedback.
2017-3-30
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United States

They have disabled the affected functions in the latest update until DJI release new Firmware
2017-3-30
Use props
fans1383ca65
lvl.1
Flight distance : 181532 ft
United States

I can' even use Litchi anymore. Waypoints are not accurate, gimbal does not even point to assigned POI and occasionally the mavic rotates 360 when there are no rotation assigned. Prior to firmware update, Litchi always was flawless. I've calibrated IMU, Compass, installed/reinstalled Litchi. I no longer use it until hopefully new DJI firmware is released.
2017-3-31
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1905381 ft
United States

fans1383ca65 Posted at 2017-3-31 14:20
I can' even use Litchi anymore. Waypoints are not accurate, gimbal does not even point to assigned POI and occasionally the mavic rotates 360 when there are no rotation assigned. Prior to firmware update, Litchi always was flawless. I've calibrated IMU, Compass, installed/reinstalled Litchi. I no longer use it until hopefully new DJI firmware is released.

Maybe downgrade to the previous FW while still available? (.04)Better do it soon. They've been updating about every month now, and only keeping the latest and the one previous accessible on dji assist.

Not sure why anyone would assume that DJI is going to change something that will help Litchi work in the next FW.  If they change something and it  restores full Litchi functionality, the change wouldnt specifically be to help Litchi or Litchi users. I'm sure they would rather see Litchi and other 3rd party apps simply  fly away never to be seen again.

2017-3-31
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

fans06b77ccc Posted at 2017-3-31 16:22
Maybe downgrade to the previous FW while still available? (.04)Better do it soon. They've been updating about every month now, and only keeping the latest and the one previous accessible on dji assist.

Not sure why anyone would assume that DJI is going to change something that will help Litchi work in the next FW.  I'm sure they would rather see Litchi and other 3rd party apps simply  fly away never to be seen again.

If that were true, why bother publishing an API?
2017-3-31
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1905381 ft
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-3-31 16:24
If that were true, why bother publishing an API?

Fair point. I guess we will be able to better judge their willingness to help  3rd party app developers and their users  by any future FW changes that will put Litchi back on track. Hope they fix it because Litchi can be a very useful tool.
2017-3-31
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

fans06b77ccc Posted at 2017-3-31 16:37
Fair point. I guess we will be able to better judge their willingness to help  3rd party app developers and their users  by any future FW changes that will put Litchi back on track. Hope they fix it because Litchi can be a very useful tool.

I hope so, too. Haven't used Litchi yet but it's on my list.
2017-3-31
Use props
fans2e9aa3da
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7159 ft
United States

Litchi recently updated app (3/21) to fix bugs with new firmware.
2017-3-31
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

fans2e9aa3da Posted at 2017-3-31 17:35
Litchi recently updated app (3/21) to fix bugs with new firmware.

Not true. The latest version of Litchi advises against using Track, Focus and VR modes saying they're all unusable with the latest FW.
2017-3-31
Use props
Mojito
lvl.2
United States

I always thought of waypoint  an app I can tap on my map create points altitudes  angle of camera and send it on its way automatic. But all the waypoint youtube shows you having to run the points and record them.  Is there an app I can set the parameters on ground before it takes off?
2017-5-10
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

Mojito Posted at 2017-5-10 06:50
I always thought of waypoint  an app I can tap on my map create points altitudes  angle of camera and send it on its way automatic. But all the waypoint youtube shows you having to run the points and record them.  Is there an app I can set the parameters on ground before it takes off?

Is there an app I can set the parameters on ground before it takes off?

Yes, Litchi's Mission Hub allows you to create the waypoints, points of interest, and parameters of a "mission" entirely through their web browser interface and / or through their mobile app before the flight. Then when you want your aircraft to fly that mission you just start up the Litchi mobile app, tell it which mission you want to fly, and it takes care of the rest.
2017-5-10
Use props
Mojito
lvl.2
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-10 07:00
Is there an app I can set the parameters on ground before it takes off?

Yes, Litchi's Mission Hub allows you to create the waypoints, points of interest, and parameters of a "mission" entirely through their web browser interface and / or through their mobile app before the flight. Then when you want your aircraft to fly that mission you just start up the Litchi mobile app, tell it which mission you want to fly, and it takes care of the rest.

Thank you  I will have too try it .
2017-5-10
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
France

I use FPV Camera for waypoint missions. No issues with .500 / .600 / .700 - and I think all 3th party app's are using the same SDK interface?

(O yes , one small isuue - when RC is out of reach I get once the message "mission completed". No worries because the plane is still flying finishing the mission)
2017-5-10
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

SHamers Posted at 2017-5-10 08:45
I use FPV Camera for waypoint missions. No issues with .500 / .600 / .700 - and I think all 3th party app's are using the same SDK interface?

(O yes , one small isuue - when RC is out of reach I get once the message "mission completed". No worries because the plane is still flying finishing the mission)

I think all 3th party app's are using the same SDK interface?

That's always been my understanding, yes. The one exception might be Autopilot, which I understand dynamically controls the aircraft during the mission instead of uploading instructions to the aircraft at the beginning.
2017-5-10
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
France

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-10 09:02
I think all 3th party app's are using the same SDK interface?

That's always been my understanding, yes. The one exception might be Autopilot, which I understand dynamically controls the aircraft during the mission instead of uploading instructions to the aircraft at the beginning.

Correct - but I like the indepandacy of the Aircraft, even when the RC is out of reach.
(Of course I keep trying to keep RC connection ;-)

2017-5-10
Use props
simsurf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 327497 ft
Australia

fans06b77ccc Posted at 2017-3-31 16:22

Not sure why anyone would assume that DJI is going to change something that will help Litchi work in the next FW.  If they change something and it  restores full Litchi functionality, the change wouldnt specifically be to help Litchi or Litchi users. I'm sure they would rather see Litchi and other 3rd party apps simply  fly away never to be seen again.

If dji made an app that didn't crash constantly on my supposedly supported nexus 6p then litchi wouldn't exist...
2017-5-25
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

simsurf Posted at 2017-5-25 23:17
If dji made an app that didn't crash constantly on my supposedly supported nexus 6p then litchi wouldn't exist...

Not true. I am using Litchi to capture 360° panoramas and to get the "course lock" flight mode. Both features are not available in DJI Go 4.
2017-5-25
Use props
IVAN01
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559938 ft
Russia

Actually there IS course lock in the DJI Go
2017-5-26
Use props
No1much
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143878 ft
United States

Some of us just find Litchi to be more stable on our particular devices, and/or prefer their user interface over DJI GO. Your mileage may vary, of course. (In my case, Litchi uses about 30% less phone battery per flight on my Note 4, and I find the Litchi UI more comfortable to use.)
2017-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules