Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 2 Multiple slaves DOES NOT work
3741 29 2017-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6d512c6e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18656654 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I just wanted to point out that DJI's most popular PRO Drone still does not have a working system for multiple slave units as advertised.

Here's the inspire2 description:
Remote Controller   
  • Signal frequency switching between 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz. Lightbridge technology.
  • Controllable range: 4.3mi (7km)*
  • Master-slave mode: Multiple slave controllers supported
  • Ports: Extension port, HDMI port, USB port

Professional environments often require:
1) Pilot and camera operator monitoring (obviously)
2) Director monitor
3) Focus puller monitor
4) Client monitor
5) Video village monitor

#2 onwards does not work!!

2017-3-29
Use props
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

Just to understand..  the Director monitor and client monitor... I flew the I2 and had a 3m HDMI plugged into the HDMI (out) of the main controller.  That ran into a 10" HD screen (HDMI in) which then displayed the image (for the director).  From the 10" screen's HDMI out we ran another 3m HDMI cable to a small HD TV screen's HDMI in to get image to the client.  I have not checked this after the firmware update...
2017-3-30
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 914711 ft
United States

I 2 Fly Posted at 2017-3-30 03:57
Just to understand..  the Director monitor and client monitor... I flew the I2 and had a 3m HDMI plugged into the HDMI (out) of the main controller.  That ran into a 10" HD screen (HDMI in) which then displayed the image (for the director).  From the 10" screen's HDMI out we ran another 3m HDMI cable to a small HD TV screen's HDMI in to get image to the client.  I have not checked this after the firmware update...

Yes that will work, but doesn't help in a situation like what I do.   I film Ski Races with the I2, and hope to be able to take over with my I2 soon.., But I have a camera operator using a second remote, then I have a 3rd remote connected to a TV inside the Ski Lodge, so the Friends and Family of the skiers can watch the race live from inside the lodge.

In a case like this a 3rd remote is needed, because I can't have a 300 foot long HDMI connection tethering me or the camera operator to the lodge.

DJI needs to at least offer what they advertised.   
2017-3-30
Use props
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

OK - I hear you.  I have not seen the "multiple" slave controller part...  Could be interesting.
2017-3-30
Use props
allanart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1050577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Would it not be easier to install a wireless link between either the Master or the Slave Controller to a display in the Ski Lodge?
Regards
Allan
2017-3-30
Use props
Viper Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31644 ft
United States

How do you do that?
2017-3-30
Use props
meskal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 989275 ft
Russia

Whoo, dont you ever think you asking too much guys? multiple slaves... In Russia we are not able to use even ONE slave remote for camera op. and DJI itself has no information about this.
so use what you have and feel yourself lucky)
2017-3-30
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 914711 ft
United States

allanart Posted at 2017-3-30 06:53
Would it not be easier to install a wireless link between either the Master or the Slave Controller to a display in the Ski Lodge?
Regards
Allan

Because most wireless setups need some sort of power supply,  It adds extra weight to the remote and makes it more bulky.   The extra remote connected to the TV means I don't have to worry about extra battery packs for the transmitter, or finding a place to plug in a receiver.
2017-3-30
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Were you able to connect the second slave remote to the master radio?

I have never had the master and slave very far apart .... so I cannot say for sure. What I remember early on with the Inspire 1 slave remote is, it could not be to far away from the master to keep the link solid.

This is what I found for the Inspire 2 "  The maximum effective distance between the Master and Slave controllers is 100 meters "

Not sure this helps you much, but thought I would at least let you know the master and slave remotes cannot be to far apart from each other.

Rich

2017-3-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It is something that's currently being worked on, only dual control is available. We unfortuately do not have an ETA as to when that will be made available.
2017-3-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I 2 Fly Posted at 2017-3-30 06:32
OK - I hear you.  I have not seen the "multiple" slave controller part...  Could be interesting.

The excerpt the OP provided was from the DJI Store's product overview.
2017-3-31
Use props
fans6d512c6e
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-31 11:50
The excerpt the OP provided was from the DJI Store's product overview.

@DJI-Jamie
Can you please update the status of this?
Really bad considering this is a professional system and the whole master slave thing which is a selling point has NEVER worked. Is this really being worked on?

Remote Controller   
Signal frequency switching between 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz. Lightbridge technology.
Controllable range: 4.3mi (7km)*
Master-slave mode: Multiple slave controllers supported
Ports: Extension port, HDMI port, USB port

So much effort being put into stuff like album editors and music favouriting in Go4 app, yet the core features of the Inspire2 are left unattended.
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans6d512c6e Posted at 2017-8-1 15:36
@DJI-Jamie
Can you please update the status of this?
Really bad considering this is a professional system and the whole master slave thing which is a selling point has NEVER worked. Is this really being worked on?

I will report your request to our engineers to make it happen as soon as possible, please pay attention to future release in our website, sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience.
2017-8-2
Use props
Rotor360
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-2 02:17
I will report your request to our engineers to make it happen as soon as possible, please pay attention to future release in our website, sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience.

Hi,
can you please let me know what the status is on this?
Thanks
2017-9-7
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

So if the third remote can't be connected as a second slave sending the unit back to DJI isn't going to help.  In the USA we call this marketing tactic bait and switch.  Since I bought a third TX to do this little trick may I return it for refund.
2017-9-9
Use props
Ale Reynoso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

eggbeater Posted at 2017-9-9 10:16
So if the third remote can't be connected as a second slave sending the unit back to DJI isn't going to help.  In the USA we call this marketing tactic bait and switch.  Since I bought a third TX to do this little trick may I return it for refund.

We thought about a third RC as receiver (we do not need a RC at all, a lightbridge reciver would be ok) to send video signal to an OB truck or video village, but as the i2 sends the video signal from the master RC directly (different from the Inspire 1. duble checked) you cannot have this third RC too far appart (if if happens to work). With the latest i2 fw this is just a few meters
2017-9-9
Use props
Ale Reynoso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

meskal Posted at 2017-3-30 11:09
Whoo, dont you ever think you asking too much guys? multiple slaves... In Russia we are not able to use even ONE slave remote for camera op. and DJI itself has no information about this.
so use what you have and feel yourself lucky)

Why you cannot have a slave controller in Russia?
2017-9-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rotor360 Posted at 2017-9-7 02:40
Hi,
can you please let me know what the status is on this?
Thanks

Not yet, Rotor, we are so sorry to have kept you waiting, please note the future release in our website, thank you.
2017-9-9
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Strange how nothing ever changes much - Dual ops for the I1 worked for a short while until DJI decided to cut the number of channels to 8.
Ever since then 2nd RCs have gathered dust. I use my slave RC as an ipad holder on my bedside table!
2017-9-10
Use props
zeilstar
lvl.1

United States

Has this feature been fixed? Is there a place to track feature requests or bug fixes?
2018-1-18
Use props
fans00217082
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4764022 ft
  • >>>
Estonia

So it has been like what 16 months when Inspire 2 hit the stores ?!
And still to this day you can't use multiple slaves, like why?
Are you actually trying to fix the issue or just waiting for the Inspire 3 release so you can have an excuse to drop Inspire 2 support all together?
2018-3-16
Use props
Rotor360
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

fans00217082 Posted at 2018-3-16 22:04
So it has been like what 16 months when Inspire 2 hit the stores ?!
And still to this day you can't use multiple slaves, like why?
Are you actually trying to fix the issue or just waiting for the Inspire 3 release so you can have an excuse to drop Inspire 2 support all together?

Yeah, this is a joke. Read post #10:
"It is something that's currently being worked on, only dual control is available. We unfortuately do not have an ETA as to when that will be made available."
Well, that was a lie.
2018-3-17
Use props
Elettrone78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I want to add that a slave came operator should have it's own interface restricted to camera operations only as much as the pilot should have its' own interface without the ability to interfere with camera operation also removing some clutter from the screen, why the heck I, as a pilot, would need or want to see the damn histogram just to say one.
As I always say DJI hardware is so ahead of the time as much is behind in software and customer service/satisfaction and this is not gonna change anytime soon because there is no real competitor on the market so make peace with it and take what's working or simply quit buying their equipment.
What drives me crazy is that they'd rather put on the market two new useless consumer drones over saturating the offer rather than caring for and fixing the products already on the market, especially the professional tools, and yet they thrive.
2018-3-18
Use props
RikDingo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2358225 ft
France

I can confirm that the distance between master RC and slave can not exceed 100m (in fact you are happy when you reach 50 !). So NO you can not have a distant "village monitor" receiving the video feed by using a slave remote connected via hdmi to the village.
It is really really really really really really really really really really stupid.
The only way to work woth a distant truck or village, is to have a wireless system transmission (like connex HD) :
the master RC is connected to the transmiter via hdmi port
the track or village have their monitor connected to the receiver via hdmi

hope you understand, I'm french !
2018-3-20
Use props
Rotor360
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-9 23:33
Not yet, Rotor, we are so sorry to have kept you waiting, please note the future release in our website, thank you.

Any news on this?
2018-9-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi Rotor, thanks for your attention and patience to Multiple Slave RC feature, we will release an accessory to support this feature within this week if everything goes smoothly, please note our online store. Thank you.
2018-9-17
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-17 01:35
Hi Rotor, thanks for your attention and patience to Multiple Slave RC feature, we will release an accessory to support this feature within this week if everything goes smoothly, please note our online store. Thank you.

Hi Mindy,

I don´t want to sound like a crook but are we getting this accessory for free ? Because when I bought the Inspire 2 it was a promised feature and I am still waiting for it to be delivered !!! I already bought the third controller !

2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Flo the Pirate Posted at 2018-9-17 09:11
Hi Mindy,

I don´t want to sound like a crook but are we getting this accessory for free ? Because when I bought the Inspire 2 it was a promised feature and I am still waiting for it to be delivered  !!! I already bought the third controller !

I'm afraid not, the working principle of the Slave RC has been changed, we must attach an accessory to enable this feature, for more details, please check our website when it releases, thank you.
2018-9-18
Use props
Frostypb88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294692 ft

The multilink that’s coming out fixes this issue. Up to 3 supported.
2018-9-23
Use props
neilw_uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4814482 ft
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-18 00:53
I'm afraid not, the working principle of the Slave RC has been changed, we must attach an accessory to enable this feature, for more details, please check our website when it releases, thank you.

Hi Mindy,

I also had a thread on this issue and if DJI do not give this accessory to customers FOC then your are in breach of the sale of good act as it was sold to us as a working feature and not with a if you buy the accessory add on etc....

Like others on here we've all dumped money into the 3rd remote which is currently a wast of money.

I think you need to speak with the sales people up stairs and have a word and then come back with the right answer.

Just to jog your memory:
2018-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules