Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Got my repaired Mavic - see what they sent
2101 17 2017-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dafi87
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54272 ft
Germany

Hey there,

long story short:
I sent my Mavic in for an out of the box warranty issue on Feb 20th. Camera problem that resulted in image softness on right side.
After 37(!) days, I received my "repaired" Mavic back from the DJI Support facility in Germany. What I found in the box is not more than a really bad joke, unfortunately.

2017-03-29_1.jpg 2017-03-29_11.jpg

The camera was not seated properly in the gimbal clamp but to make things even worse - the replaced camera has a scratched lens!
The camera I sent in was free from any physical damage or scratches.
How ignorant could someone be to send something like this out to a customer? I mean this really makes me stop believing. Do they just swap out parts between sent in drones?
Does DJI not care at all? I sent in a brand new bird and this is what you send back? This is so wrong. I'm feeling so lost with this company and their service.
Oh and if anybody asks - a short flight test showed that they didn't even fix the original problem. Still soft right edge in photos, maybe a tiny bit better.

DJI-Thor, Mindy, Natalia, Ken - any chance that you could escalate this to somebody in charge? There needs to be some sort of solution!
What if I have to send this in again if there are any other problems? They'll certainly say hey there was physical damage to the drone and we can't help you out.
2017-3-30
Use props
rogermbyrne
lvl.1

Germany

feeling very sad reading this, mine is out for delivery with UPS today after waiting for 45 days for DJI to replace it, I really hope that I don't have anything like this in the box.

2017-3-30
Use props
RealFixxxer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 348343 ft
Russia

Please, do not change the camera in CAS-471426-G3M1R7, although I wrote that the image is blurry. Let a better blurred image than I have, there will be such problems .. ((
2017-3-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sincerely apologize for your unpleasant experience, we do understand how you feel, this situation has filled us with regret.
The gimbal lock is not installed properly, which seems to be caused by shaking in transportation, please check whether it can perform self-calibration normally.
We've reported the scratched lens on camera to our appropriate department, will escalated it for you soon.
Thanks again for bringing this to our attention, we'll keep improving on QC and service to make your experience with us better.

2017-3-30
Use props
Nancy^^
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3481 ft

Hong Kong

Doesn't seem too bad. If I were you, I'll shoot and check whether the footage is fine.
Since it takes too long to replace the drone. Finger cross for you.
2017-3-30
Use props
fansba659e27
lvl.1
United States

I got mine back today from a refresh return and my gimble lock was the same way!!!! The gimble seems to calibrate ok but is pretty bouncy. I dont think my first one was near that bouncy... How hard is it to install a gimble lock?!
2017-3-31
Use props
Rex_Caelus
New
United States

Is there a repair shop closer than China?
2017-3-31
Use props
Rex_Caelus
New
United States

I accident crashed it into a tree and the gimbal plate broke and the rubber bands holding the gimbal plate snapped.
2017-3-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Rex_Caelus Posted at 2017-3-31 14:23
I accident crashed it into a tree and the gimbal plate broke and the rubber bands holding the gimbal plate snapped.

Sorry to hear your crash.
Where you purchased the drone? It shows you're in US according the information on forum, we have official service center in US.
Hope this link helps: http://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2017-3-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansba659e27 Posted at 2017-3-31 13:52
I got mine back today from a refresh return and my gimble lock was the same way!!!! The gimble seems to calibrate ok but is pretty bouncy. I dont think my first one was near that bouncy... How hard is it to install a gimble lock?!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I feel sorry to hear the trouble. It might be caused by sharking during transportation.
May I know you flew it or not? how about the performance?
I've reported your concern to our management, will improve the QA so you will be more enjoyable on our drones.
2017-3-31
Use props
stephen33
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90515 ft
Canada

37 days feels like a deal after receiving mine back this week after 52 days.
2017-4-1
Use props
dafi87
lvl.1
Germany

Natalia, thank you so much for hopping on that train so quickly! They can be glad to have you on the team!

I really thought things would get better know, since they quickly sent me a new RMA form. I was overly happy to see it even was Priority RMA this time.

But then... looks like the same ridiculous story goes on and on and on
They received my drone again on Apr 4th and guess what happened since then? Correct. NOTHING.
So this is what is expected for Priority(!) RMA?

It's just so sad to see how they deal with their customers. Looks like DJI has endless working days, if 1-2 working days to conduct damage assessment takes that long.

20170418.png
2017-4-18
Use props
kave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1942 ft
Sweden

I have the exact same scratches on my brand new one. I have arranged so Apple have sent me a new one. It probably wont affect image quailty but my Mavic had problems writing to sd card as well.
2017-4-18
Use props
Ejder Bingül
lvl.3
Turkey

So many problems with Mavic, i suggest Phantom for more stabilized technology. Mavic is New product and due to high demand DJI can not give a proper service to their clients. I am sorry to read your bad experience.
2017-4-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

dafi87 Posted at 2017-4-18 02:55
Natalia, thank you so much for hopping on that train so quickly! They can be glad to have you on the team!

I really thought things would get better know, since they quickly sent me a new RMA form. I was overly happy to see it even was Priority RMA this time.

We’re deeply sorry about.  Could you please provide me with your case number?
I'll help to find out what's going on with your case.
2017-4-18
Use props
dafi87
lvl.1
Germany

Thanks for your help, Mindy!
I've sent you the case number via PM.
2017-4-18
Use props
Burmman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182142 ft
United States

I keep seeing all these horror stories about repairs and replacements. I am very thankful that mine has been problem free from the start for me. I hope this gets fixed for you.
2017-4-18
Use props
fans8c7e7e0a
lvl.1

United States

This is not a surprise to me because it has happened twice with me. That I send my Mavic for repair and it was shipped without locking the gimball properly.
    I'm still waiting for mine and this time I will recorded because I think many people don't believe how DJI its shipping the Mavic without locking the gimball
2017-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules