Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
video editing
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
k2d2
New
Flight distance : 79 ft
United States

What is a good softwear to use to edit video ?

2017-3-30
Use props
TPVAerials
lvl.3

United States

Just a few tips when posting a "general/broad" question:
1. You will receive opinions from many people on why certain programs are good & why others are terrible...remember they are just opinions. Majority of people will advise using: Final Cut Pro X (video), iMovie (video), Adobe CS (photo & video), Photoshop (photo), Lightroom (photo), Avid (video), Pinnacle Studios (video), etc.
2. You will have people asking what type of editing you plan to do: photo, video, stitching, 720p-1080p recreational use, 4K cinema quality, or all of the above.
3. You will have people suggest $500 programs. Which then you will ask, well are there any good free programs. They will then reply "the free versions won't be able to do this or that, blah blah blah..." Examples: Windows Movie Maker, iMovie, Wondershare Filmora, VSDC, Lightworks, etc.
4. Finally, someone may suggest to use the search function on the forum & find previous posts with pages & pages of responses. Try searching: Program, software, editing, computer, etc...you're sure to get plenty of hits.

I decided to save you the trouble of getting many lousy replies on here & instead will direct you to the search function to get many replies within seconds! Many debates & opinions have been thrown around on there already & there is plenty of good info provided, you just have to search it.
If I wouldn't have said all of the above, someone else would be along shortly to do so...
You may get more replies if you can narrow down the specifics of what you may be looking for! Good luck on your search!
As an FYI...I use iMovie (free) on my iMac. I also have subscription to Adobe Creative Suite. These 2 programs can essentially...do it all.
2017-3-30
Use props
k2d2
New
Flight distance : 79 ft
United States

TPVAerials Posted at 2017-3-30 09:54
1. You will receive opinions from many people on why certain programs are good & why others are terrible...remember they are just opinions. Majority of people will advise using: Final Cut Pro X (video), iMovie (video), Adobe CS (photo & video), Photoshop (photo), Lightroom (photo), Avid (video), Pinnacle Studios (video), etc.
2. You will have people asking what type of editing you plan to do: photo, video, stitching, 720p-1080p recreational use, 4K cinema quality, or all of the above.

Thank you I am just stating all of this and just looking for something simple to start with.
2017-3-31
Use props
Simon Child
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153852 ft
United Kingdom

One missing from the above list is DaVinci Resolve. The free version does pretty well everything you will want except for 3D video   However you need decent hardware to run it, in particular you need a good graphics card not just the motherboard onboard graphics

2017-3-31
Use props
dbensonp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 968 ft
United States

I've been using NCH Suite for a couple years and haven't had any issues. It's VideoPad video editor is user friendly and 4K videos are brilliant.....Good luck!
2017-3-31
Use props
fans6cc79898
lvl.1
Flight distance : 479895 ft
United States

TPVAerials Posted at 2017-3-30 09:54

I asked a broad general question on here one time, and about 10 minutes later, a long, black cadillac with its lights out drove by my home spraying about 1000 bullets from sub-machine guns, then squealed off into the dark shadows of the night.
2017-3-31
Use props
TPVAerials
lvl.3

United States

fans6cc79898 Posted at 2017-3-31 17:56
I asked a broad general question on here one time, and about 10 minutes later, a long, black cadillac with its lights out drove by my home spraying about 1000 bullets from sub-machine guns, then squealed off into the dark shadows of the night.

I was trying to spare K2D2 from experiencing the same thing...
It gets brutal in the forum when opinions/emotions start flying!
2017-4-1
Use props
Highasakite
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Ya and even worse when bullets start flying! Safety First! Ken.
2017-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules