End of the Phantom 3
1160 9 2017-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GeoffN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89564 ft
United Kingdom

On holiday in Cape Town, South Africa, and there was a Dji stand in the middle of a shopping mall.  They only had the Phantom 4 so I asked about the 3............... apparently it's now phased out and all production has stopped.  All they're doing is keeping some stuff back for "spares".  Pity as a lot of people just won't be able to afford a Dji drone now.

2017-3-30
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

The P3S and soon to be P3SE are still on ...

Nigel
2017-3-30
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Phantom 4 was also stopped.
2017-3-30
Use props
Brum Ken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 787877 ft
United Kingdom

so could i ask if the spares will still be available for the p3s
2017-3-30
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

I believe they stopped production on the P4's &  P3's not including the P3S to be able to increase the production of the Mavic when it was way behind compared to demand. Word at the time was these models would be phased out, only keeping the P3S.
2017-3-30
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

The P3SE is on test in China and as far as online DJI info goes ... it has all the traits of the Adavnced / Pro basically but in a Std package price ...

Me ... you can keep the Mavic .. we have one in the club and to me its too small, fragile and the camera ? Sorry I cannot justify the price nor the design of the Mavic. OK for backpackers and so-on ... but compared to a P3Pro ? I know which I prefer. We have P3S .. P3A ... P3P .... P4 and Mavic in the club ... In terms of which I reckon is best ? The P3A / P3P ... I discount the P4 which is a good machine - but WHY did DJI have to change battery etc. ? If they had kept the P3 base battery and size - many people would have upgraded to it I reckon ... but so many had P3 batterys etc. - and didn't want expense of inventory again.

P3SE is what I'm waiting for ...

Nigel
2017-3-31
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-3-31 00:54
The P3SE is on test in China and as far as online DJI info goes ... it has all the traits of the Adavnced / Pro basically but in a Std package price ...

Me ... you can keep the Mavic .. we have one in the club and to me its too small, fragile and the camera ? Sorry I cannot justify the price nor the design of the Mavic. OK for backpackers and so-on ... but compared to a P3Pro ? I know which I prefer. We have P3S .. P3A ... P3P .... P4 and Mavic in the club ... In terms of which I reckon is best ? The P3A / P3P ... I discount the P4 which is a good machine - but WHY did DJI have to change battery etc. ? If they had kept the P3 base battery and size - many people would have upgraded to it I reckon ... but so many had P3 batterys etc. - and didn't want expense of inventory again.

Any idea on its availability timing?
2017-3-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

While the production of most of the P3 series is done, the aftersales support for them will still continue. Repair services will still be available for as long as the parts are still available.
2017-3-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

stuka75 Posted at 2017-3-31 13:05
Any idea on its availability timing?

For the P3SE, it's only available in China at this time. It's unknown as to whether it will make the US.
2017-3-31
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Give you a good deal on a P3P V2, One flight.
2017-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules