Reports of controllers dying while/after updating firmware
1104 4 2015-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

I have seen multiple reports of the controllers losing the ability to link with the craft during or after the firmware update. Is this because the firmware update is bugged or some user caused error?
I am terrified to update the firmware at this point. I only have 1 controller right now.

Can someone from DJI provide any comment about this so that the entire community can understand the problem?

2015-2-27
Use props
greg7140
lvl.2

United States

jhogge...when I saw the update, I updated right away before I even saw any posts on this forum even mentioning the update was available and my update went very smoothly for the aircraft and both controllers...BUT, if I was just logging on now and seeing the issues some people have had during the update I would not update right now.   

Just my 2 cents...I feel damn lucky that mine went through with no issues!    Of course somehow this could be user error...but with the amount of posts...I highly doubt it...
2015-2-27
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

Please, refer to two other threads here about this issue:

Remote Contoller now dead

New Firmware
2015-2-27
Use props
Renaat
lvl.3

Japan

Impossible to upadte RC with usb card, I linked RC with camera and no problem.
2015-2-27
Use props
snathla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Renaat Posted at 2015-2-28 10:52
Impossible to upadte RC with usb card, I linked RC with camera and no problem.

I used the older method of updating the controller using the camera and cable and it appeared to update, lights went from blue to green and then I restarted and it is connecting. USB has never worked for me.

The bird on the other hand went thru the update process and then recorded a test indicating cancel. But now it indicates that the firmware is updated in the Pilot APP.
2015-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules