Issues switching from RC to WiFi and back
1003 5 2017-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Silverado101980
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5858166 ft
United States

I've noticed this and happens every time I switch from RC to WiFi it connects like it should and the wifi part works fine...but going back to RC is where I get into trouble.

This issue is I flip the switch from wifi to RC and connect with my phone and it goes round and round connecting and disconnecting then it will finally connect and turn on my Mavic and go fly and I'm set no issues... .Until I take off then it will disconnect and the RC is froze like dead stick screen is locked up this can go for up to 5 min. If I hit the power button the RC screen goes dark I hold both back buttons and both rec and capture the it beeps and comes back and I have control again.... So my remedy is to use DJI assistant 2 reset the Mavic and RC and re flash the firmware and I'm good no problems but when I go back to WiFi boom all over again...

I don't use wifi to fly just to make camera setting or view things without the RC not a big deal to me I just won't use the wifi from now on but anyone else having something like this happening ?
2017-3-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I have reported this to our engineers.
If convenient, could you please make a short video of this issue for better assistance?
2017-3-31
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
United States

I will see what I can do I'll need to have someone around to record for me. It kinda makes me nervous but I will work something out for the DJI crew....Thanks DJI Mindy !
2017-3-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hello, I have confirmed with our engineers. Each time you switch the mode, you will need to restart the aircraft.
Please test more and let me know the results.
Please click "reply" button so I can see you are responding to me.
2017-4-5
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-5 20:20
Hello, I have confirmed with our engineers. Each time you switch the mode, you will need to restart the aircraft.
Please test more and let me know the results.
Please click "reply" button so I can see you are responding to me.

I do turn off the Mavic when I switch back and fourth I haven't tried it on wifi yet so I don't have any video help for you yet on what's going on but I've flown maybe 30 flights since re flashing the firmware with no issues at all
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Silverado101980 Posted at 2017-4-6 15:03
I do turn off the Mavic when I switch back and fourth I haven't tried it on wifi yet so I don't have any video help for you yet on what's going on but I've flown maybe 30 flights since re flashing the firmware with no issues at all

Please test more and if you have any further issue, please let me know.
2017-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules