Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FedEx signature
1430 5 2017-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JustJon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7864 ft
  • >>>
United States

I simply can't believe I have to sign for a FedEx box containg the upgraded prop mounts for the Phantom 4? Some folks work for a living. UPS and FedEx have dropped stuff off worth hundreds of dollars with no signature... one time they left a $300 tablet in a box leaned up against a tire of one of our vehicles in the driveway.

Twice they tried,  and will try the last attempt tomorrow... of course we work then too. I just can't see giving up a $200 income day to stay home for a $18.00 FedEx delivery. I guess it gets sent back and then who knows what happens?

Why not make it our call on these small cost deliveries? Check a box to not have to sign when it's ordered, that makes it our problem if the folks next door steal it? I can understand this if it's a quad in the box... but two little plastic bags with prop parts?

What happens tomorrow when they send it back DJI? Guess I request my money back? I'm not gonna pay shipping again as I wont be home for that delivery either!!

2017-3-30
Use props
masonmediaTN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 634199 ft
United States

I use to work for fedex ground. These things are up to the shipper. There are 3 signature types, in person signature, adult signature (18 and up) and indirect signature. Check the tracking #, it should say which type it is. Is it coming from FedE ground or Express? Also, if they left a door tag it should say if its a direct or indirect signature. You could try leaving a signed note, if its an indirect signature they should be able to leave it. Hope this helps.
2017-3-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The signature requirement is placed across all orders due to the increase in theft. Should the package be returned to shipper, then you can make the request to redeliver, but if left alone you would be credited back to your account. Have you tried contacting onlinesales@dji.com to look into alternative methods of delivery?
2017-3-30
Use props
masonmediaTN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 634199 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-30 15:39
The signature requirement is placed across all orders due to the increase in theft. Should the package be returned to shipper, then you can make the request to redeliver, but if left alone you would be credited back to your account. Have you tried contacting  to look into alternative methods of delivery?

Maybe DJI should use an indirect signature on smaller items, that way it would be up to the customer to whether the item is left at the door on not and the blame would not fall on DJI. just a thought.
2017-3-30
Use props
fans4d8536e5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1399934 ft
United States

I agree.  I will almost never order from DJI again because i can't get the package.  I can't stay home and wait for it either, hoping it shows up when I am sitting there.  DJI really needs to change it's policies, at least allow the customer to pick it up at a fedex location-I'll sign for it there.  But I had to wait almost 10 days to get my products-propellers-because I couldn't line up with fedex.  Then after ten days, they held it at the fedex location, where I could go get it and sign for it.  

DJI needs to change the way it allows customers to get packages-it's losing DJI some serious money.  I just go to amazon now instead of DJI.
2017-4-2
Use props
JustJon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7864 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah... missed the third attempt. Now it's being held at FedEx for a few days. I have a FedEx location 8 miles from me but they choose to hold it at the hub location which is 42 miles from me.

It can just go back... ordering from Amazon tonight! NEVER again will I order from you DJI... unless you change your ways!

Nothing against FedEx! They could only do what shipper chooses to make them do.
2017-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules