Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Need pointers on video editing
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frost
lvl.1
Flight distance : 196299 ft
United States

So i bought the samsung tab A and im having one issue. Video is great, recording is great...however, when im in edit mode, everything operates properly until i get to final step where it tells me outputing video....gets part way through then returns to video select screen. All the editing that is done will not save. The tablet is one of the top recommended  so i dont understand whats wrong. Any advice would be great.
2017-3-30
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Frost,

The best I can remember from similar questions on this Forum, tablets do not do editing very well.  The editing has to be very basic and use the pre-configured options from the app in order to have any success at all.  The files can be 4 GB or more.  That is a lot of processing and memory.

That said, because you said that your tablet is capable, you can look at the processing graphs and memory allotments.  These will tell you how stressed your tablet is doing the editing.  Storage can also be an issue if you are not redirecting the resulting video back to your SD card.  It does sound like you are unable to save the finished video due to not enough storage.  Go into the settings for the editing app and change the storage folder from the tablet storage to your SD card.  Who knows, maybe we can get lucky, and I might be right.  Worth a try!  

If it still fails, try making a short video first to see if the whole process works.  Then check out the result for clues about what could be problems for a larger finished video.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-31
Use props
Frost
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried small vids...my SD card is at full capacity.. (64g).and the editing app I'm using is dji go...does it have a setting for that?
2017-3-31
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-31 00:40
Aloha Frost,

The best I can remember from similar questions on this Forum, tablets do not do editing very well.  The editing has to be very basic and use the pre-configured options from the app in order to have any success at all.  The files can be 4 GB or more.  That is a lot of processing and memory.

Very true, editing on a Tablet is a daunting task.
2017-3-31
Use props
Frost
lvl.1
United States

Just read another thread with someone having the same problem on same device. The editing process goes fine. Easy to edit...looks great. Just won't output the result
2017-3-31
Use props
Beezzzzy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 280522 ft
United States

You're a brave soul for editing on a Samsung Tablet.
2017-3-31
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Frost Posted at 2017-3-31 04:21
Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried small vids...my SD card is at full capacity.. (64g).and the editing app I'm using is dji go...does it have a setting for that?

Aloha Frost,

Can you get another SD card and download to that?

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-4-1
Use props
Michaelt89
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336880 ft
Israel

Editing on android....omg, you can't even trust android to open your mail, editing are done on PC or a Mac dude.
2017-4-1
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

While I'll try not to be as pointed as Michaelt89, I will add that the saying about "the right tool for the job" comes rushing to mind. I have been a hard core PC guy all my life but after trying several Android tablets for my first DJI drone, I broke down and tried an iPad. Wow, what a difference. I never got to the point of trying to edit with any of the Android tablets but editing with the iPad is a breeze. I've even made a couple of 4K videos with my iPad Pro 9.7". For more serious projects I use Vegas Pro on a PC or Final Cut Pro on a Mac. Believe me that using the right tool for the job makes all the difference in the world.
2017-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules