Gimbal jsut swings up and down?
680 2 2017-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

So I had to remove some sand from my motors which required me to take apart my phantom. I put all the wires back in place, I get no errors etc, but whenever I startup my phantom the gimbal just swings up and down forever. Like it's trying to calibrate but cannot. I tried manually tilting the camera through the gimbal wheel, I tried restarting the drone multiple times, I tried calibrating the camera through the app but nothing gets it to stop tilting all the way up and all the way down. This has happened before and what I usually do is just power cycle the phantom but nothing still has seemed to work.

Edit: Just lightly touching the gimbal while it was tilting up and down got it back to normal. I was testing to see how much resistance there was and there was little no resistance for a second and then it snapped back to how it should be functioning. Weird but im not complaining.

2017-3-30
Use props
Maxxgold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19157 ft
United States

Do a search and you will find all the info you need on this subject.
2017-3-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

You would want to double check the physical connections, especially the ribbon cable, to ensure that they are secure and inserted in the proper directions?
2017-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules