Incorrect information
1263 29 2017-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Info1769
lvl.2
United States

Well, I received my Mavic today after 35 days out for "repair." It was easily the worst customer experiece I've ever experienced. Communication was aweful at best.

The drone was sent in for the soft focus in the lower left corner, as well as intermitently having zero focus at all. Videos looked like watercolors. I was never told what was wrong with my drone, or what was being done to solve the issue. When it was finally in transit and shipped back to me, I contacted DJI to see if I was getting a replacement, or repair. I was told a repair, i.e. same SN
. Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 4.02.09 PM.png
I received my drone today with a completely different SN, and scratched name plate. Which leads me to beleive I received a refurbished unit. I haven't flown it let alone turned it on, as I was blown away by being lied to. That said, I'm not surprised - as I don't expect much from DJI Customer Service anymore.

I contacted them just now to ask why I was lied to, and they had zero answers. They couldn't even tell me if the drone I was sent was new or refurbished.

It's a shame that DJI will go down as the best drone manufacturer with seemingly the best technology, with the worst customer service. I want to believe in this company, but it's a shame how dishonest they can be to customers who spend their hard earned money to support a company that can't tell the truth.
2017-3-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry if the rep had given you the incorrect information.
I'm 100% sure there's no intent to deceive you, it was a mistake.
Please provide your case# and take a photo of the scratched name plate and I will send this to be reviewed.
2017-3-31
Use props
Info1769
lvl.2
United States

I know he never meant to deceive me. It just boggles my mind, the lack of and mis-communication available from customer service. Unless it is fixed, and unless they give you guys (their employees) the tools to give accurate information - I am convinced this company will fail. It's unfortunate given the technology that DJI developed.  
2017-3-31
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Info1769 Posted at 2017-3-31 14:17
I know he never meant to deceive me. It just boggles my mind, the lack of and mis-communication available from customer service. Unless it is fixed, and unless they give you guys (their employees) the tools to give accurate information - I am convinced this company will fail. It's unfortunate given the technology that DJI developed.

I dont think they are going to fail, they just need lots of improvements on customer service. One of the reasons they wont fail is because of you.
2017-3-31
Use props
avbond
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7487 ft
United Kingdom

Info1769 Posted at 2017-3-31 14:17

Could not agree more the customer service has be the worst of the worst. be interesting to see jus how many people ditch DJI , my experience has put me off flying all together, DJI will Fail , or get taken over, maybe they could learn something from Samsung and admit there mistakes !!
2017-3-31
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I received my drone today with a completely different SN, and scratched name plate.

Out of curiosity, what are you referring to as the "name plate"? The bottom section of the battery compartment with the serial number, etc.?

It's been a long time -- if ever -- since I've seen anyone say that they received back a Mavic with their original serial number, including some who were assured that only a "repair" was being done. Having said that, though, the replacements that people have received seem to be working very well.
2017-3-31
Use props
Info1769
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-31 13:42
Please provide your case# and take a photo of the scratched name plate and I will send this to be reviewed.

The Scratch on the name plate is the least of my worries. I haven't had time to fly it, but if it flies and records in focus video, I'll be happy. I just am upset that I was given incorrect info even when I asked to confirm the same SN.
2017-3-31
Use props
Info1769
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-31 13:42

CAS-472811-L7G3N2
2017-3-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

avbond Posted at 2017-3-31 14:26
Could not agree more the customer service has be the worst of the worst. be interesting to see jus how many people ditch DJI , my experience has put me off flying all together, DJI will Fail , or get taken over, maybe they could learn something from Samsung and admit there mistakes !!

We're trying hard to improve our service to make your experience with us better, deeply sorry to hear your pain, please let us know how we can help you, Avbond.
Appreciate your feedback!
2017-3-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

We double checked your case, sincerely apologize for the incorrect information you're provided.
It's a replacement case and the SN has been changed, besides, the DJI Care Refresh service has been transferred to the new aircraft SN.
Please fly it at your convenience in a suitable environment, hope you enjoy it!
You feedback provides us motivation to keep improving, I've forwarded it to our management, will provide more professional service for you all.
Thank you again for your supporting!
2017-3-31
Use props
Info1769
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-31 18:50
We double checked your case, sincerely apologize for the incorrect information you're provided.
It's a replacement case and the SN has been changed, besides, the DJI Care Refresh service has been transferred to the new aircraft SN.
Please fly it at your convenience in a suitable environment, hope you enjoy it!

Thanks for the feedback. I sincerely wish that the company takes care of you for all that you guys have to deal with. I'm sure it's not easy working with complaining customers like myself!

It starts and ends with customer service, and I feel like you guys are handcuffed with what you are able to tell us, and how far you are able to follow up with issues that come up on the forum. People are clearly making mistakes, and cutting corners, and you guys are taking the brunt of it.

2017-3-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Info1769 Posted at 2017-3-31 19:39
Thanks for the feedback. I sincerely wish that the company takes care of you for all that you guys have to deal with. I'm sure it's not easy working with complaining customers like myself!

It starts and ends with customer service, and I feel like you guys are handcuffed with what you are able to tell us, and how far you are able to follow up with issues that come up on the forum. People are clearly making mistakes, and cutting corners, and you guys are taking the brunt of it.

Truly appreciate your understanding, we are happy to help you who has any problems on our product and service.
Hope you have great experience on flight, looking forward some nice videos and pictures.
2017-3-31
Use props
avbond
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-31 18:40
We're trying hard to improve our service to make your experience with us better, deeply sorry to hear your pain, please let us know how we can help you, Avbond.
Appreciate your feedback!

you really don't need me how to tell you how to improve , surely a multi billion dollar company can work out it out on your own how bad your customer service just by reading feed back on these and other forums , it does not take much to work out your customer service a is a shambles to say the least !! , or maybe it does !
2017-4-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

avbond Posted at 2017-4-17 13:27
you really don't need me how to tell you how to improve , surely a multi billion dollar company can work out it out on your own how bad your customer service just by reading feed back on these and other forums , it does not take much to work out your customer service a is a shambles to say the least !! , or maybe it does !

Avbond, I feel very sorry to hear about that.
We listen to all the feedback on social media and try our best to help our customers if needed.
Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions, thanks very much.
2017-4-17
Use props
avbond
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-17 23:33
Avbond, I feel very sorry to hear about that.
We listen to all the feedback on social media and try our best to help our customers if needed.
Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions, thanks very much.

don't be sorry do something about it , improve your public image and customer service  !!
2017-4-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

avbond Posted at 2017-4-29 05:25
don't be sorry do something about it , improve your public image and customer service  !!

Being sorry admitting they got it wrong , is a way of improving CS.
2017-4-29
Use props
avbond
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-29 05:51
Being sorry admitting they got it wrong , is a way of improving CS.

but they use the word sorry all the time , and not much improves , still haven't got my missing props , from January when Mavic was sent back for repair !
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

avbond Posted at 2017-5-9 09:24
but they use the word sorry all the time , and not much improves , still haven't got my missing props , from January when Mavic was sent back for repair !

What is your case# and I will look into it.
2017-5-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

avbond Posted at 2017-5-9 09:24

Think it might be 2 steps forward 1 step backwards at the moment with dji, but believe me overall and it might be hard to believe when you look around here, they are improving. Hope you get your props soon.
2017-5-9
Use props
avbond
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-5-9 09:26
What is your case# and I will look into it.

Request #484969

thanks DJI-Ken
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

avbond Posted at 2017-5-9 09:46
Request #484969

thanks DJI-Ken

I've sent a message, they take multiple photographs of everything that comes in and then again when it goes out.
What is the case#
2017-5-9
Use props
avbond
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-5-9 10:16
I've sent a message, they take multiple photographs of everything that comes in and then again when it goes out.
What is the case#

CAS-430196-R3R8V1

yep been through multiple conversations  about this including 2 photos that show a Mavic box  with the lid open and a Mavic upside down , why would I keep asking about 2 prop missing after spending £1100 on a Mavic it would have been easier to buy a new set , which what I suspect DJI are trying to get me to do !
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

avbond Posted at 2017-5-9 10:25
CAS-430196-R3R8V1

yep been through multiple conversations  about this including 2 photos that show a Mavic box  with the lid open and a Mavic upside down , why would I keep asking about 2 prop missing after spending £1100 on a Mavic it would have been easier to buy a new set , which what I suspect DJI are trying to get me to do !

Thanks,
Someone will contact you.
2017-5-9
Use props
Thudd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1624787 ft
United States

What is strange to me is, and I read this in another thread, DJI is sending different units back to replace the ones sent in. Now it might just be me but, When i buy something, that makes it mine. That individual unit is mine and mine alone. Everyone takes care of their property differently.  My Mavic sleeps on a pillow next to me.    Someone else might keep their Mavic in the freezer.  .  It just seems that when a repair is done, you would get back the very same unit you sent in. Minus the rice and roaches.
2017-5-9
Use props
Yokota85
lvl.2
Flight distance : 255430 ft
United States

I really like the products the produce. quality control and customer care and service  need a lot of help. I really don't see them doing much about the service and support until they start losing business. once another company catches up with what they do it might open their eyes.  reputation is a big part of a successful business and DJI and a good one for the product someday a better one will come out by another company since the drone market is heating up then it will come to service and support, that will hurt DJI but until that happens nothing is going to change on the service end. no matter how much everyone complains , as long as sales are up they don't care . excluding the ones on this form who try their best and we thank you for that but you have no control over the rest of the company and we do understand that .
2017-5-9
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-5-9 10:16
What is the case#

Ken , It's a shame that DJI has to take multiple pic's before and a after, that alone takes time .
         I remember the good old days --- you paid for it --- you flew it --- you crashed it , and then
         you fixed it and paid for it with your time to repair plus parts // and the cycle just continued
         on and on -- People are crying over spending $1000.00 USD , I easily spent close to double
         in the past just on one Model Helicopter ( I have 2 ) I have crashed on occasions with each
         one --- Do the math --- Just because DJI has Care Refresh and awesome model's does
         not mean that they fly themselves and less care should be taken, which I believe many are
         thinking and is the case.
The biggest waste of time is spent on Why and What caused the Crash because 98% of the people
         think DJI is at fault, weather there not sure or just being dishonest just to get there Mavic fixed
         free of charge .
This is something DJI created by offering Care Refresh and there Warranty for the Mavic
           This is just my opinion and the way I see it --- The Honest Suffer because of the Dishonest  
                   I do feel sorry for you Moderators, you guy's are in the middle
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Thudd Posted at 2017-5-9 11:38
What is strange to me is, and I read this in another thread, DJI is sending different units back to replace the ones sent in. Now it might just be me but, When i buy something, that makes it mine. That individual unit is mine and mine alone. Everyone takes care of their property differently.  My Mavic sleeps on a pillow next to me.    Someone else might keep their Mavic in the freezer.  .  It just seems that when a repair is done, you would get back the very same unit you sent in. Minus the rice and roaches.

It depends on the extent of the damage, it may be more cost effective to just replace the unit if there's a lot of damage.
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-9 12:23
Ken , It's a shame that DJI has to take multiple pic's before and a after, that alone takes time .
         I remember the good old days --- you paid for it --- you flew it --- you crashed it , and then
         you fixed it and paid for it with your time to repair plus parts // and the cycle just continued

Understood.
2017-5-9
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

For a long time, I've wondered if there is a language problem.  We are very different societies, and some things aren't interpreted the same way in some cases.  Some people seem to receive empty words from the support people they talk to.  The DJI people who hang out on this forum have been extremely helpful and go a long way to save the reputation of the company.  However, giving out false information, whether on purpose or due to misinterpretation, just doesn't make friends.  When someone says it will take 1-2 weeks for something to happen, I fully expect communications from them when they find out it won't be that fast.  We already know that DJI doesn't believe in that.  I particularly feel for those who buy a new drone and find something wrong, only to send it in for warranty replacement and get a refurb back, especially when it is clearly a unit that didn't work right.

I've said it before, as have many others.  Product support is worth more than words, and goes a a long way toward creating return customers and good word of mouth advertising.
2017-5-9
Use props
avbond
lvl.2
United Kingdom

mine was repaired under warranty FOC , because yes it was dji fault it crashed , EG fly away, sorry for not sharing the FACTS
2017-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules