No live feed on phone, Wifi Module?
1258 6 2017-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PeNnY777
lvl.1
United States

Hi guys I recenty got a P3S and only have about 48 min of flight time had a crash and replaced:

1. (New) Gimbal Arm
2. (New) Flex Cable
3. (New) Wifi Cables Part #97 2.4G Antenna 2pcs
4. (New)Part 81 Cable Set (STA)

Everything works well except for the live feed to my phone (S7 Galaxy) It doesn't say anything about no connection, no error messages no red light. Everything seems to be normal.

I can take regular video and pictures and I can only view them when removing the SD and looking in my laptop or phone but cannot see them thru DJI App.

I don't know what else to replace, I was thinking maybe the Wifi Module but before I spend another $50.00 on parts wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions or test I can run to see what could be the issue.

(I had a recent thread with same problem but I could not update to the latest firmware but that is NOT the case anymore I now have the latest firmware)
2017-3-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about the crash, it seems that the image transmission module was damaged when crashing.
Please get it repaired in DJI recommended repair center: http://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2017-4-1
Use props
John Smith
lvl.2

United States

So I take it your go app is connected to your controller but you have no video background?

"I can take regular video and pictures" means your controller is sending telemetry to your ac
If your go app is showing drone info like battery levels and heading, then it would mean your ac is sending telemetry to your controller.
Your controller uses 5.8ghz for telemetry so that appears to be fine.

Your camera is powered and functional (writes video to SD) which implies your cables are connected properly.

The only thing malfunctioning is your fpv which is an indictment of your 2.4 ghz modules.

Since your antenna modules are new, it's unlikely they're bad, so I would doublecheck the tiny little connectors where they plug into the gimbal to make sure they're connected properly.

Otherwise, I would suspect the problem will lie in the yaw motor circuit board which has the fpv transmitter circuitry and into which the above mentioned antennae connect. You'd have to disassemble the yaw motor circuit housing and examine it to see if there's any visible damage.

2017-4-1
Use props
PeNnY777
lvl.1
United States

John Smith Posted at 2017-4-1 03:39
So I take it your go app is connected to your controller but you have no video background?

"I can take regular video and pictures" means your controller is sending telemetry to your ac

Thank you so much for giving me some info to look on. I will look in to it tonight.
2017-4-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I would concur that you're looking at either an issue with the image transmission module in the camera/gimbal component or with the WiFi module. The former may be the most likely, but you may want to look into sending it in for service should this become too cumbersome.
2017-4-2
Use props
PeNnY777
lvl.1
United States

Well I disassembled the Yaw Motor and verified if there was any damage anywhere and it seems like everything is ok. There are no damages on any of the cables nor the chip tiny board. I uploaded a picture of what my screen shows when ever I am ready to use. I can fly the drone and there are no warning messages but do not have any live feed. I am really getting frustrated and I took it to a DJI store in NYC and they couldn't find the problem they believe that by replacing the whole board the problem might go away but they require me to give them my old one and they must out in a refurbished which labor and parts cost over $300........on a P3 Standard...really... I refused and tried exploring more options to see if I can fix it on my own with some help.

2017-4-6
Use props
PeNnY777
lvl.1
United States

any suggestions?
2017-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules