Failed to upgrade, and controller was bricked
714 5 2017-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marcus.mkeeler
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

I'm a long term DJI Fanboy and, more importantly, I am NOT a Moron !

I buy the Mavic direct from DJI, 1st power up, wants firmware update, I do it, it fails at 38% (Sound familier?) and of course then the controller was bricked.

I tried ALL the fixes and tricks but it was a brick. I call and get clearance to return BOTH the mavic and the controller because "I want to make sure you guys get these things talking to each other"..   "yes sir, of course sir"

Fast forward 4 weeks, I get it back.

Now I cannot be sure but when I open the box I recognise the packing paper I put in the box to protect the controller and bird and to me, looks just like I sent it, but no matter...   I eagerly power it all up, and there you go, JUST THE SAME !
Some bright spark at the repair centre had clearly just read the the ticket and inserted a rough photocopy of the binding instructions.

I am way beyond mad now, their assumption that everybody is a dummy is sickening, they are the dummies here in EVERY way.  

So now, 5 weeks after purchase I still have a $1000 paperweight.  I could go back through support but why? The same will happen again and after another 4 week I get to rant again. No, I'm calling the credit card company and screaming "Not fit for purchase" and let DJI do some work trying to get their money or junk back.

Long term DJI Fanboy just left the building.

2017-3-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank for bringing this to our attention, if I were in your position, I would feel just as you do. Sincerely sorry for your unpleasant experience, we'd love to look into it for you and help you out.
Please provide me your case number, thank you.
2017-3-31
Use props
marcus.mkeeler
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-31 22:13
Thank for bringing this to our attention, if I were in your position, I would feel just as you do. Sincerely sorry for your unpleasant experience, we'd love to look into it for you and help you out.
Please provide me your case number, thank you.

CAS-480751-K1L8P5

it would be nice if there was a level of accountability, at least internally, at DJI.
2017-4-1
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

marcus.mkeeler Posted at 2017-4-1 06:46
CAS-480751-K1L8P5

it would be nice if there was a level of accountability, at least internally, at DJI.

Sorry about your experience. We  escalated your case and you should receive a response from us soon.
2017-4-1
Use props
marcus.mkeeler
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-4-1 19:56
Sorry about your experience. We  escalated your case and you should receive a response from us soon.

After chatting with live chat just now, I learn the ticket is closed.   That's nice  
2017-4-2
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

marcus.mkeeler Posted at 2017-4-2 16:16
After chatting with live chat just now, I learn the ticket is closed.   That's nice

The repair case itself was closed, the complaint is not. It  happens to be weekends, you'll see progress on Monday.
2017-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules