Unexpected trip
596 2 2017-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GreenHornet55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213222 ft
United States

I'm making an unexpected trip to the Knoxville, TN this week. I'm looking for some good places to fly and take photos.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.
2017-4-1
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha GreenHornet,

There are many ice places in Tennessee to fly, but I have not been there in longer than you have been alive.  However, the B4UFly app from the FAA and the FAA web site have all the areas you should not fly.  They have Sectional Maps of specific areas that can provide guidance.  Since drones at more than 1.5 million are the most numerous of all registered airplanes in the US, the FAA is always helpful in keeping you out of trouble in your airspace.

Google Earth has amazing resources that would give you an idea of what to expect upon arrival in Tennessee.  Google Earth Street View has actual images of the road view as if you were driving through an area.  There are numerous images that are also posted as overlay hot spots on the satellite views.

Hopefully, you will get some good suggestions from the Forum, but do realize that there are many other resources that can help you flesh out a plan.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-4-1
Use props
GreenHornet55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213222 ft
United States

I don't know how long it's been since you have been to TN, but it must have been really long since I'm 60+ Lol
Thanks for the suggested resources, I do use all of them here at home and they are very helpful.
2017-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules