Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery turns itself on after full charge
2168 13 2017-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gallacherboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 778209 ft
United Kingdom

Everytime I charge batteries, I monitor the process. Has anyone had a battery turn itself on after a full complete charge? I know that when charging, the batteries LEDs will flicker. After disconnecting the battery, it was still on. I have uploaded an screen grab.
Thoughts anyone?
Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 01.04.13.png
2017-4-1
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

I believe there is one report before. Once it's fully charged, all LEDs should be off even charger is still plugged in.
2017-4-1
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Laceyboy is correct. It should turn off. Try using it and try charging it again. If it happened again send it back. Battery has 6 month warranty.
2017-4-1
Use props
NatasataN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100574 ft
Canada

It happened to me on one of my 2 new batteries. I'll keep an eye open on that I guess.
2017-4-1
Use props
wambla
lvl.1
Italy

it happened to me too, I was a little bit worried but I have used it until below the 25% and charged it again as suggested. it's ok now.
2017-4-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Gallacherboy, what's your current firmware version?
Please make sure you have updated the latest firmware with this battery.
2017-4-4
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-4 23:35
Hello Gallacherboy, what's your current firmware version?
Please make sure you have updated the latest firmware with this battery.

Hi Mindy, can I check the battery firmware version in the Battery setting on the Go 4 App? I shall come back to you. Many thanks for your assistance
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Gallacherboy Posted at 2017-4-5 02:05
Hi Mindy, can I check the battery firmware version in the Battery setting on the Go 4 App? I shall come back to you. Many thanks for your assistance

When using the battery, DJI GO app will let you know if there's update available.
The aircraft update contains the battery update.
Please check your current firmware version.
Or you could try to refresh the latest firmware version via DJI Assistant.
2017-4-5
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.3
United Kingdom

What I do to see if the App is checking for updates is once I connect the drone to the controller, if I click the Connect to equipment page I can see checking for update. Is there a way to see if a battery has the correct firmware. Before I had one of the batteries update itself 3 times and all 3 were successful as the App Prompt me.
2017-4-5
Use props
way wrong
Second Officer
Flight distance : 351631 ft
Estonia

Gallacherboy Posted at 2017-4-5 02:24
What I do to see if the App is checking for updates is once I connect the drone to the controller, if I click the Connect to equipment page I can see checking for update. Is there a way to see if a battery has the correct firmware. Before I had one of the batteries update itself 3 times and all 3 were successful as the App Prompt me.

I updated my Mavics batteries one by one on my Mavic in DJI Assistant. That was easy and fast.
2017-4-5
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.3
United Kingdom

way wrong Posted at 2017-4-5 03:53
I updated my Mavics batteries one by one on my Mavic in DJI Assistant. That was easy and fast.

I did not know of that, what tab do you look under? When you open Assistant it only gives you Mavic Pro, how do you select Battery Update???? Thanks for the heads up
2017-4-5
Use props
rick39
Second Officer
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

I had this happen on a partially used battery after removing the battery from the Mavic following a flight. I re-inserted the battery into the mavic, which powered up without my intervention, I then turned the battery off while still inserted in the Mavic and it shut off as it should.
2017-4-5
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

Ive had this happen and i just turned the battery off and installed to my Mavic to see if I get any promps, nothing came up so I flew my Mavic and everything was fine.
2017-4-5
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Captain
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gallacherboy Posted at 2017-4-5 09:02
I did not know of that, what tab do you look under? When you open Assistant it only gives you Mavic Pro, how do you select Battery Update???? Thanks for the heads up

The firmware is stored on the craft you do not update the batteries via Assistant 2

Update your craft to the latest fw then turn it on with each battery in, the Go app will prompt you to update of the battery needs to be updated.  

2017-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules