Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Backpack recommendations
1493 17 2017-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TB12GOAT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47172 ft
United States

I appologize now if this has been asked a million times. I have a p4p+ and am looking for a quality backpack that won't cost a small fortune. Thanks in advance!
2017-4-1
Use props
Quad Zeppelin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1073100 ft
United States

After an exhaustive search, I went with the think tank airport helipak.   
2017-4-1
Use props
Aussie4220
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311732 ft
United States

i would strongly recommend the back pack from Drone Crates, it has a ton of space, lots of pockets and compartments for all sorts of things, holds a min of 12 props just in one section, room for 7 batteries, is very comfortable to hike with and looks cool.  It hasa foam insert so your drone is well protected and they provide prop motor guards

http://www.dronecrates.com/dji-p ... ntom-4-4-pro-4-pro/
2017-4-1
Use props
XoR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94738 ft
Romania

I have bought Manfrotto D1 Backpack for Quadcopter MB BP-D1 and I'm really happy with it. It has plenty of space, even for a DSLR camera along with your bird. I also have the P4P+ and everything is fitting nice inside Manfrotto D1.
It's your choice what fits you best but I was looking also for ergonomics and design of the backpack.
Cheers.
2017-4-1
Use props
stalker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13632 ft
Netherlands

+1 for the Manfrotto D1.
2017-4-2
Use props
airspace_media
lvl.3
Flight distance : 190 ft
Australia

Think tank helipak hands down.

I have the manfrotto and it doesnt hold a candle to the think tank in terms of storage
I found the manfroto also exceeds carry on limit for some airlines while the think tank does not
2017-4-2
Use props
TB12GOAT
lvl.2
United States

Aussie4220 Posted at 2017-4-1 21:00
i would strongly recommend the back pack from Drone Crates, it has a ton of space, lots of pockets and compartments for all sorts of things, holds a min of 12 props just in one section, room for 7 batteries, is very comfortable to hike with and looks cool.  It hasa foam insert so your drone is well protected and they provide prop motor guards

I like the foam insert, yet the soft case design.
2017-4-3
Use props
TB12GOAT
lvl.2
United States

Quad Zeppelin Posted at 2017-4-1 18:09
After an exhaustive search, I went with the think tank airport helipak.    https://youtu.be/EbhHcfpd-kw

Does the Helipak not having foam for structure worry you? That is one of my concerns, the bags without foam structure could allow for damage.
2017-4-3
Use props
Quad Zeppelin
lvl.2
United States

TB12GOAT Posted at 2017-4-3 04:08
Does the Helipak not having foam for structure worry you? That is one of my concerns, the bags without foam structure could allow for damage.

If I had to check the bag at the airport, I would have some concern but, it is designed to fit in overhead compartments as a carry on. As far as hiking or traveling with it,  it's is very comfortable,  I just remove the batteries & put motor caps on the drone.
2017-4-3
Use props
Quad Zeppelin
lvl.2
United States

Aussie4220 Posted at 2017-4-1 21:00

That drone crate looks pretty legit, although the drone looks to sit pretty high exposing the motors. Strangely, that was one of the problems with the DJI backpack.
2017-4-3
Use props
Aussie4220
lvl.4
United States

Quad Zeppelin Posted at 2017-4-3 11:14
That drone crate looks pretty legit, although the drone looks to sit pretty high exposing the motors. Strangely, that was one of the problems with the DJI backpack.

They provide motor caps so the motors are protected from dust and accidental damage.  Additionally there is some cushioning when the back pack is closed and when you carry the backpack, the motors are facing away from you.  It is a very good backpack
2017-4-3
Use props
Aussie4220
lvl.4
United States

when i was choosing a backpack i looked at the thinktank, and the manfrotto, the reason i didnt choose them was because of the soft compartments.  I like to be able to securely place items into compartments and know they are not being moved around or pressured from other objects, the Drone crates has specific compartments for the batteries, the RC and of course the drone.  I dont like things jostling around and moving about.  I think the look of the Drone crates bag is better than the think tank bag, it fits in the overhead compartments easily and is comfortable to to carry.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to personal choice, that is why there are so many different options out there, we dont all look for the same thing.
2017-4-3
Use props
Aussie4220
lvl.4
United States

yep, this was one of my main concerns and the prime reason for my choice.  I narrowed down all the options with a foam insert and then went with the drone crates.
2017-4-3
Use props
Quad Zeppelin
lvl.2
United States

Aussie4220 Posted at 2017-4-3 14:35
They provide motor caps so the motors are protected from dust and accidental damage.  Additionally there is some cushioning when the back pack is closed and when you carry the backpack, the motors are facing away from you.  It is a very good backpack

I do like all the extra space in the Helipak. However, had I know about that bad boy I defiantly would have taken a look.
2017-4-3
Use props
Aussie4220
lvl.4
United States

DSCN4333.JPG DSCN4334.JPG DSCN4335.JPG DSCN4336.JPG DSCN4337.JPG DSCN4335.JPG
DSCN4336.JPG
2017-4-3
Use props
stalker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13632 ft
Netherlands

Looking good Aussie. All that stuff wouldn't fit in my Manfrotto, I think.
And indeed: many choices for different tastes. I think in this thread quite some good options have been mentioned.
2017-4-4
Use props
fansd77b4cd0
lvl.2
New Zealand

I'd have to say that the Manfrotto D1 is my favourite choice of backpack. If you've got a lot of equipment then it really is awesome. I just need to bring one bag with me as it can fit my drone, transmitter, dslr + lense, spare lense, ipad, laptop and a spare battery. Plus it comes with a rain protector which is great! I usually put it on when im on a beach as well as i'm paranoid that sands going to get into my drone haha!
Hope this helps
2017-7-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Nice choice. Looking good. The Phantom 4 fits just right.

RedHotPoker
2017-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules