Updating No-Fly Zone Database
18313 19 2017-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansacfd6d1b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

When I start up my P4P & RC It says on the screen 'Update No-fly zone database on your aircraft required' It tells me to connect the aircraft to my mobile device and press go. But nothing happens. How do I update the No-fly zone database on my aircraft?
2017-4-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Sounds like you're not on the internet.  I would try it again when you're within your home's wifi.  
2017-4-2
Use props
fansacfd6d1b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-4-2 08:38
Sounds like you're not on the internet.  I would try it again when you're within your home's wifi.

This is at home on the internet. I've just updated the P4P and remote control with no problem.
2017-4-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Okay.  I hope somebody else can help you.  
2017-4-2
Use props
PliciPleosc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100226 ft
Romania

Same for me.
2017-4-2
Use props
fansc0fc8d5b
New
Flight distance : 97690 ft

United States

Same for me.  I just updated the remote and P4P and no it tells me to update no fly zones.  Did the same as OP and clicked go, but now it has been stuck on the downloading screen with 0% completed after 10 minutes.  Won't let me abort... seems to be frozen.
2017-4-4
Use props
fansacfd6d1b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have been in touch with DJI and here is a copy of the steps to take to see if it updates. Unfortunately I can't tell if it works as I work away from home and will not be able to try this until the 14th April. Please let me know if it works.

'Please uninstall the DJI Go app and install it again. Usually, the no-fly zones data will be updated automatically when there is internet access on the mobile device.'
2017-4-5
Use props
Dthawk1963
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5493514 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also get the same message every time I start my P4P+
This started happening after I installed the latest firmware.
DJI latest firmware for the P4P is terrible.  I hope they release an update soon.
2017-4-5
Use props
werkkk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Have you managed to get it sorted yet?
2017-4-6
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

I'm having this same issue with the No-Fly database update plus I cannot update the firmware from my iPad. I have to connect to my computer and use the Assistant.
2017-4-6
Use props
Padster
New
United Kingdom

Reinstall worked on Android.
Thanks for the advice
2017-4-14
Use props
Ready Killowatt
lvl.2
United States

Had the same issue.  My wifi was turned off on my IPAD Mini.  Hooked the P4P to the Ipad and tried again.  Updated just fine.  It was the wifi all the time.  Hope this helps
2017-4-14
Use props
projectobjects
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167828 ft

United States

Same, I have Phantom 4 Pro+, I was hoping this latest firmware would let me disable the Geo system again.  Instead it has rendered the controller useless.   They really screwed up the last few updates.
2017-4-17
Use props
fans553e15de
lvl.1
Flight distance : 235279 ft
United States

I had the same problem when using my iPad Pro 9.5" it would immediately disconnect when I tried to plug the iPad directly into the drone using the cable provided. Waited several minutes and nothing. I reinstalled the "DJI Go 4" app and still nothing. I then installed the "DJI Go 4" app on my iPhone and that worked.
2017-5-27
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>
United States

projectobjects Posted at 2017-4-17 15:00
Same, I have Phantom 4 Pro+, I was hoping this latest firmware would let me disable the Geo system again.  Instead it has rendered the controller useless.   They really screwed up the last few updates.

Same here.  P4P+ will not update No-Fly zone when the 'tablet' is confirmed to have internet access.  

Edit: Upon further inspection it is obvious the Go App (remember this is a P4P+ built in app) is not aware of the tablet sides connection to the internet.  When I go to Unlocking List and hit refresh it tells me my mobile device is off line.  Weird

2017-6-9
Use props
CCPTY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 296575 ft
Panama

DJI Assistant 2 did the trick for me. Tried everything else mentioned  here without success.
Hope this helps.

Cheers.
IMG_2304.JPG
2017-6-17
Use props
fans7548ac3b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 566043 ft
United States

I called Done Nerds (Miami FL) where I bought it. It took about 30 seconds to get a tech on the phone. An adapter came witht the P4 that will allow the IPAD to connet to the P4. I followed the instructions. I might have taken 45 seconds. Now ready to FLY !!!
2017-7-14
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Try to not update. I did. And now my airplane is goundet in half city. Some enormes no fly zone around an airport who is miles far away. Not even a restricted zone. Just banned. I like to get this update out. Some one has an idea?
I start to ask myself I'd other drones of other company's  are not a good option without all the rulings.  
2017-7-14
Use props
Calson
lvl.1
United States

So without an internet connection you cannot download any possible NFZ updates and you cannot fly the drone. My Phantom 4 Pro drone kit was delivered on Thursday but with this problem it will be going back to B&H on Monday.

Where I live in Monterey, CA where there is no 4G cell phone access at my house nor is there 4G access in many areas where I would be flying the drone in the western USA or in Central and South America or Asia. DJI has an exclusively urban perspective.
2017-7-15
Use props
studio7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 869 ft
United States

fans7548ac3b Posted at 2017-7-14 13:17
I called Done Nerds (Miami FL) where I bought it. It took about 30 seconds to get a tech on the phone. An adapter came witht the P4 that will allow the IPAD to connet to the P4. I followed the instructions. I might have taken 45 seconds. Now ready to FLY !!!

I followed your (their) advice and it worked! Thank you, I was struggling all afternoon.
2017-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules