First Bike Ride with my Osmo+
1168 4 2017-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Orind
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129754 ft
United States

I have used a few different action cams on my bikes, with my current favorite being a Garmin Virb--the image stabilization does a decent job.  Of course typical action cams rely on a wide field of view (greater than 100 degrees) and a fixed focal lenght to keep the effects of vibration down.  I decided to give the osmo+ a try.  I went with the plus for the shorter focal length (should I want to flip it around for some pics of the rider).  My fat bike has a 35mm bar, so the handlebar mount does not fit--but, sliding it onto the narrower part of the bar allowed it to clamp, although the clamp was at a slight angle.  I have an accesory attachment device on order to take care of this issue.  Overall I am pleased.  I am also going to give the chest mount a try for riding.  Here is footage from the test ride

2017-4-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice, looks like a lot of fun.
2017-4-3
Use props
Orind
lvl.4
United States

Thanks--still a lot of motion showing up, but this may be more due to mounting issues.  One of the effects I really like is that since the gimbal keeps the camera parallel to the ground/horizon, when you climb a hill, you ca get a good feeling for how steep it really is.  With a traditional action cam, since it is fixed in position, as the bike/rider change angle, so does the camera.  This clip shows this nicely--it is a rather steep but short hill.
2017-4-3
Use props
pritchiedotcom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

Cool bit of hill climbing. :-)
2017-4-3
Use props
Orind
lvl.4
United States

Tried out the chest strap mount for the Osmo.  Worked well, but I did have some drift of the camera to my right--easily enough corrected by periodically repositioning.  I will try it out on some offroad trails in 2 weeks.

2017-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules